Motivation

Posted , 12 users are following.

I had a life (once) - it involved two legs working properly and an ability to get through a day without popping pills! I am delighted to have got half a resolve from the oa pain with hip replacement number one. 

Sometimes it is hard to find motivation to get through the day when it feels like your life is in suspended animation,your job has just disappeared up the Swannee and you still can't put a sock on .

As I am a great one for lists, I have put one on the fridge. It gives me bite sized goals to achieve. I wonder what anyone else is striving for?

1.Starting a new business

2. Travelling again

3. Spending time with me chickens

4. Getting out and about in Cornwall again

5. Umm, me chickens!

5 likes, 51 replies

51 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

i leave work for good this saturday i am already asked am i going to be bored the answer to that is no, i have my knitting, x stitching gardening, day time tv catch up on some of the show oh no not the soaps i never watch them these days, i used to be a avid east enders fan now i hate it, so many stupid story lines in all the soaps, i prefer true life, buying houses  tetc lol and if i get really bored i can volunteer in one of the local charity shops but i am going to take each day as it comes and decide on the day what i am  going to do 
    • Posted

Looking forward to perhaps seeing a bit more of you toosmile How you doing at work hope yur not letting them put on you cos it's your last week !! xx
    • Posted

no they have been very good, i am 1.30 to 6.30 to day and tomorrow i will be 4.30 to 9.30
  • Posted

Wow, everyone is facing such life changing stuff and all of you facing forward and not back.

I find some of you inspirational in your outlooks and I am sure others do too. At 52 I definitely NOT on the shelf.

Goals and motivations are so important to keep that healing process and like others I have still to face the other hip being done but have no doubts that my future is going to be quite exciting.

• Posted

Hi Kate!

Wondering if your chickens have names!

tis cold in Devon now, this so called summer, brrrrr

Mic

x

• Posted

Of course my chickens have names, Mic!

Igor the Magnificent is the rooster and his harem is made of....

Pansy - a buff orphington

Daphne - a buff sussex

Mavis, Betty and Joy - Redstars, which are your 'common' hen found on chicken farms.

They are a happy little flock and we love them dearly. The are the best de-stresser ever.

Yep, a little chillier down here as well. I can see the darker clouds coming in over St Ives bay - we'll have rain soon.

Tomorrow my partner and I are going to Culdrose Air Day - my first big day out! There have been aircraft flying over all day doing practice runs out over the sea.

• Posted

My motivation is a weeks holiday on the Norfolk Broads in September which was cancelled for my operation in June... also to get back to my garden, I love my garden and can spend hours titvating and weeding but can't get down to it yet. Also walking which is obviously good for my recovery smile and driving my car again.
    • Posted

I am so looking forward to driving again, Gillcat, and getting in the greenhouse and the garden. I am more into growing food than flowers but spend most of my time defending against our marauding chickens!
    • Posted

I am so looking forward to driving again, Gillcat, and getting in the greenhouse and the garden. I am more into growing food than flowers but spend most of my time defending against our marauding chickens!
  • Posted

I haven't seen a grey chicken before

I've always lived in the city.And a few weeks ago I found out chickens can lay different colored eggs. Like blue, yellow ext

I have only seen Brown and white.

Hugs to you xx!x

• Posted

i'm going to do a few things for myself -

1. manicure - done - next massage

2. cooking course

3. trip to Italy when can sleep on my side - more Italian lessons

4. I'm carrying on with the groceries being delivered - that's saving me hours so I only need to go food shopping to get something interesting or top up every now and then

5 - some nice canal and country walks with friends and partner

Hope you achieve yours - roll on your next op!

• Posted

Dawlish in Devon, is famous for it's Black Swans.
    • Posted

Hmmmm...as I wrote earlier today, only one now. His lady died when having her hip operation sadly. And he probably will die soon of a broken heart!

Mic

X

• Posted

Ginger, that's one of the joys, my egg rack has white, cream and brown eggs. My friend has chickens who lay a bluish coloured egg. I love having eggs every day and they taste out of this world.

Some lovely and feasible targets, Annedi. I am keen to do things but also keen to preserve my new hip for as long as possible.

I love travelling, Italy is a favourite but I am lucky to be able to sleep on my side again. How far on are you, Ginger? I am just 4 weeks and have slept on my side for just over a week although my method for getting there started on week two.

• Posted

I tried to sleep on my op side at for weeks while turning something happened where I felt hard surface on another surface and extreme pain.I cried out thinking I dislocated it. But no I quickly turned over. The pain continued several days.

I didnt try again for several months.too afraid to try.No problems now.. I'm 14 months now.still have pain with laying flat doing leg lifts. I can do cardio and Zumba easly now.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.