Moving to Scotland

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hey you guys, I just wanted to post that I am now moving to Scotland in 6 days!!!!

Taken forever to get to this point but I am about to do it. Honestly can not believe it!!!!

If you remember my other posts sometimes this seemed impossible. I know i havent been on in a while, trying to clear the house before i move has been pretty hard. Working on things with my son also. Happy but sad in a way. Mostly happy though. I will be back on soon (internet getting switched off any day now if im being honest). Could never in a million years have got to this point without your support. Thank you, thank you from the bottom of my heart. 

1 like, 18 replies

18 Replies

Next
  • Posted

HI Sharon. HOw great this is!! you sound happy and decidely sober..can I assume that your drinking dropped somewhat..sonny boy tricky..not certain but keep it up and best of luck!! Robin
    • Posted

Yeah can not believe its really happening now. Its been a long road to get here but finally its about to happen...Could not have got through some of the times here without the support on this forum. Yes i will def keep coming back on. Hope things are well with you too. Thanks for everything Robin 
    • Posted

Almost 3 weeks in Scotland now. Still cant believe it sometimes. Lovely town i live in now, very small but pretty and peaceful. Great country air lol

I have not had one thought really all about alcohol since i came... Maybe only to look back on things and wonder how they ever got to that point if that makes sense. Although to be fair i had an abcess on my tooth two nights ago and i have to admit i would have taken any concoction/drug known to man to kill the pain. As it happens i stuck to normal painkillers.

Scotland is far better than i prob ever expected, although there are somethings that i miss too and all the little differeneces etc but all good. I am amazed i seem to have gone from one extreme to another, the other day my partner and i had a few cross words and the old sharon would have thought of a way to get the fix but this one didnt. Its just weird at times. in tesco and never thought once of genuinely buying a bottle of anything. 

Honestly i think the last few months proved to me that i can cope with anything and maybe the smaller things that i used to get stressed about seem trivial now so they actually dont stress me out as much. Got a new job for a few months....analyzing rice grains!!! Bet your all wondering how i landed a cushy number like that lol?!? 12 hours a day for 7 whole weeks! Gonna be knackered but it will be worth it!

Hope you are all well guys...havent been on as i am still not connected to internet and have to use the library rite now. Keep in touch and so will i. Take care all xxx

• Posted

Wow, wow and wow! Very well done! 👏🏻👏🏻🎉 So pleased that your life in Scotland is going well. Also the job allows you time to settle in without too much time to think, adjust etc. Keep updating us as it is so good to hear your success story....OR if you just need to 'talk' to us about any potential 'downtimes'. Lots of love xxx

• Posted

Hello me old bud - what a fantabulous story to read, heartwarming.   Sooo very pleased for you, what a journey you have been on and won the battle. 

Analyzing rice hay - bet it's a curry round at your Friday night!!!!

Well done you and keep us updated.  Got a big grin on my face I have biggrin xxxxxxx

• Posted

Hi Sharon

That is so very good to hear. So glad for you. You deserve all the love hon.

Keep us posted

Julianne xx

• Posted

Congratulations Sharon! 👏🏻🎉🎊 Very well done indeed! You sound positive and determined and I pray that this continues. Your new life in Scotland will throw curve balls at you so be prepared in order to stand firm when they do. Mostly however I am sure this new experience will be one that you treasure and nurture. It sounds as if you and your partner are now able to communicate more openly.....always a help. Your daughter will be delighted to have you home with her. Wishing you every happiness in Scotland!! Please do update us once you get there and keep posting to share your experiences with us, but also to keep you grounded. Lots of hugs. Xx

• Posted

Its been so hard at times but got there in the end...Thanks for all your support and good wishes. Hope things are good with you at your end xxx
    • Posted

it is never easy to stop or slow down. what a revelation to us all Sharon!
  • Posted

Hi Sharon

So very pleased for you! I'm sure your son will settle soon, it is an upheaval, new school new friends.

I too am so very happy. Hubby is 100% compliant with TSM. He will never be cured, but the Naltrexone has stabalized him to a fantastic degree and that is what matters.

I wish you all the best Sharon, you have worked so very hard for this. You deserve every happiness xx

• Posted

Glad your husband is doing well JulieAnn, long hard road but he clearly is trying. Never thought at times at would be at this point myself. I will be in touch. Thank you for the kind words xxxx Be happy and strong!!!
  • Posted

Well my friend, this is what I have looked forward to hearing - so very happy for you.  New start and new life - you are a credit to yourself.

Much love to you and yours.

smile xxxxx Gwennie

• Posted

Thank you so much Gwen and all of you guys. Like i say i will still be coming back on always...but maybe it might be a while as we have to get our broadband connected when i move. lol 

It seems to have taken forever in some ways.... now im worried that i dont have enough time to get everything ready for Sunday. How ironic is that???? Im almost there tho. How have you been Gwen? xx

• Posted

I am doing well thanks smile pink cheeeks and no tummy lol lol lol.  My silver lining.  Sunday is it then.  Can't wait for you.  What a great new start.

All the very very best hunni smile xxxxx

• Posted

Hello there, have  you settled in hunni.  Hope all going well.  Update when you have a weeeee minute smile xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.