MRI BURNS AND EF SIDE EFFECTS

Posted , 55 users are following.

i HAD A 25 MINUTE SCAN FOR THR INVESTIGATION.

In the last 3 minutes I began to burn up. After I was dizzy and fwelt sick and my face hands legs etc were red and it felt like sunburn. I had to go in a cold bath at night to cool off for months. Other symptoms occurred. Dry mouth dry eyes. These are still going on.

Radiology Dept said `iT NEVER HAPPENS` tHE iNTERNET SAID OTHERWISE.

Anybody else have a reaction to MRI?

9 likes, 116 replies

116 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Hi Julie & Belinda

I cannot find your facebook group, but am very interested.

I too have had MRIs before, but this time had burning during it.  Now, 4 months later am having burning sensations still.  

Can you tell me where to look for the other group?  Have your symptoms gone away?  Have they gotten worse?  (I'm now also having muscle tightness - that is weird and in my face and back)  Any luck with getting answers?  Of course doctors just say it's stress.  (I want them to be right!)

Thanks

• Posted

Sorry I can't help you with facebook page , I never joined. My symptoms how ever did subside. Not sure if it may or not be related but I also have been diagnosed with hashimotes (hypothyroid) . I also had a allergy test and had a positive response to every one of them some worse than others , so it may be due to having had a autoimmune issue going on. I'm not sure if anyone that has had this issue with MRI may have an autoimmune disease or not but it may be worth checking into. It's been so long and I had done so much research I can't tell you where I found that it is rare and has happened , I'm sorry along with thyroid issues comes with terrible memory . Good luck every one I do wish you all the best!

• Posted

HI,

Sorry for the late reply. I've been finding this al very difficult to face due to the trauma of it. I hope you are experiencng some releif now. I have tried to reply to people here to make it easy for them to find the group. Please see my latest post to the thread. For convnience:

Search MRI Injuries/Side Effects into Facebook search bar.

And please report your side effects in detail to MHRA under the Ywllo Card Scheme (just search yellow card in Google).

No answers as yet for me, except I'm finding more and more people online with the same side effects as the months roll on. My symptoms persist.

• Posted

Hello,

I had an MRI done in Oct, 2016 for a health study.  I felt the burning sensation in my body during the procedure, it was just a little uncomfortable.  Afterwards, at least a few times every day, I feel a burning sensation in my groin area.  I still feel this today on Jan 2017.  I am going to investigate further.

good luck

• Posted

Hi,

Since ths happened to me I've found a number of people with similar symptoms. To help collate evidence which may help to get answers and justice and improve understanding of the the risks and patient safety I urge everyone who has experienced side effects to join the Facebook group myself and a fellow sufferer created (so everyone is in one place and contactable if necassary) and report your side effects to MRHA under the Yellow Card scheme.

I am not allowed links so please search in Google for Yellow Card and search in Facebook the following words:

MRI Injuries/Side Effects

Thanks and good luck.

• Posted

Had one yesterday. Feel bl##dy awful right now. Dont know if its a coincidence or not, but my whole body feels bruised. Had really strange, bruised, cramp like pain down my whole left arm earlier too. I cant believe that such a scan , lining up body atoms and realigning them etc, has no side effects, i certainly feel very mangled today!
    • Posted

I am sorry to read this. I hope you are better now. I am personally determined to get these risks taken seriously. Please see my post to this thread regarding reporting a Yellow Card and joingin a Facebook group for MRI injuries and side effects.

Taker care for now.

• Posted

Sophie 

​Please read my reply  to another (Julie 79848) It seems many patients are not being assessed properly of poor practices could be the problem.

• Posted

Hi Belinda,

Are you on 'MRI Injuries and Side Effects' facebook group ?

John

• Posted

My thighs were burnt by a MRI,first it made bright red lumps all down my thigh, up to my pubic area. The. I got huge blisters and had to stay in the hospital an extra week. Once the exterior burns were pretty healed, i tried to have intercourse, and was not able to. I went to the obgyn and my pelvis and pelvic floor were in a complete spasm. It hurt to urinate,to bathe,to shower,and have intercourse. The MRI clearly burnt the interior nerves of my pelvis,pelvic floor,bladder,lower intestine, and rectum. I had to have pelvic floor therapy. The pain was so great and out of control I had to have a neuro stimulator implanted just to get the pain to a 6-7. On the internet there are thousands of people saying they were burnt internally and yet you say absolutely nothing about the machine burns internally
    • Posted

I am so sorry to read of this. I hope you are experiencng some releif now. I am personally determined to get these risks taken seriously. Please see my post to this thread regarding reporting a Yellow Card and joingin a Facebook group for MRI injuries and side effects.

Taker care for now.

• Posted

Felicia, I'm so sorry you have to go through this. I posted my story on here too. Please join 'MRI Injuries and Side Effects' on Facebook. I'd like to stay in touch with anyone who has had this horrific injury

• Posted

Hi everyone here, for those of you who had IV contrast google search gadolinium toxicity. There is a site called the light house project. Even if it was just a MRI no contrast you still might find it beneficial. Also there is a gadolinium toxicity and treatments group on Facebook.
  • Posted

Hi,

I hope everyone here is finding some releif from symptoms as time passes, and perhaps some answers?

Since ths happened to me I've found a number of people with similar symptoms. To help collate evidence which may help to get answers and justice and improve understanding of the the risks and patient safety I urge everyone who has experienced side effects to join the Facebook group myself and a fellow sufferer created (so everyone is in one place and contactable if necassary) and report your side effects to MRHA under the Yellow Card scheme.

I am not allowed links so please search in Google for Yellow Card and search in Facebook the following words:

MRI Injuries/Side Effects

Thanks everyone and good luck for now.

• Posted

Julie - I see it's been 2 years- how are you now? I too had feelings of "sunburn", which showed up hours after MRI - I'm scared

• Posted

Please join 'MRI Injuries and Side Effects' on Facebook. I'd like to stay in touch with anyone who has had this horrific injury

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.