MRI internal burn

Posted , 4 users are following.

My thighs were burnt by a MRI,first it made bright red lumps all down my thigh, up to my pubic area. The. I got huge blisters and had to stay in the hospital an extra week. Once the exterior burns were pretty healed, i tried to have intercourse, and was not able to. I went to the obgyn and my pelvis and pelvic floor were in a complete spasm. It hurt to urinate,to bathe,to shower,and have intercourse. The MRI clearly burnt the interior nerves of my pelvis,pelvic floor,bladder,lower intestine, and rectum. I had to have pelvic floor therapy. The pain was so great and out of control I had to have a neuro stimulator implanted just to get the pain to a 6-7. On the internet there are thousands of people saying they were burnt internally and yet you say absolutely nothing about the machine burns internally.

2 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Never imagine that a MRI could cause so much damage. Are there any leagal settlements you can peruse? 

I have had  many MRI's never been burned.how does that even happen when its all magnetic ? So very sooty to hear of all your injuries. I will be a lot more cautious in the future.

its sounds so Jnreal yet I'm sure the pain is all to real for you. 

I hope you can heal soon , what are some of the treatments recommended?

• Posted

Felicia I did go online to better understand how thermal burns occur from MRIS. 

Very complicated and also scary that this could even be a possibility.

again I am so sorry that you have suffered from thermal burns. 

Let us us know how your doing and what treatments are available for you.

hugs Hopexxx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.