MRI results - can someone translate this to English please

Posted , 7 users are following.

(The bits I write are what I'm confused with)

Overall: back MRI revealed spinal and sacroilliac inflammation, in-keeping with an axial spondyloathropy. Hopeful NSAIDs help and make sure shes seen in clinic soon for further treatment options

MRI spine whole

There are small areas of corner marrow hyperintensity seen at L1,L2,L5 . Minimal but given scaro ilac changes, consider as inflammation. At L5 level evolving pars defects and degenerative disease involving L5,S1 facet joints.

Impression

Small areas of corner marrow hyperintensity seen at L1,L2, L5 would be somewhat equivocal but given sacro changes as inflammation.  Possibly evolving L5 pars defects. 

MRI pelvis SIJ both

Articular margin irregularity to both sacro joints more pronounced on left. Consistant with small erosions. (WHAT!>?!?!?>!>wink Around left sacro joint small areas of punctate marrow hyperintensity  inkeeping with acute sacro illitis.  Small foci of marrow hyperintensity to a lesser extent are scattered around right sacro illiac joint with maybe right illitis.  Some mild left capsulitis. 

Conclusion

Erosions of both sacro illac joints are inkeeping with previous inflammation and todays examination small areas of marrow hyperintentisty around both sacro illiac joints (more so left) reflect active inflammation. Left sided capsulitis is also present.

Wtf. I dont understand ANY of this. I'm only 17. Pls help explain this.

2 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I don't know anything about it but you should see the podiatrist for an opinion. AS can affect the feet too in some people. I think it's the tendons behind and below the ankles. I have had problems with ankle and shin pain in the past.

Defo do your research and look into alternative treatments. There isn't just one way to treat an illness. There are many and you can be very pro-active in helping the symptoms. I currently follow a paleo diet. Some people believe keto is better so I must look into it and I'm having acupuncture.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.