MRI scan

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi all just need aliitle reasurance going for my MRI on wednesday on my pelvis x abdomen i have a dermoid cyst on my left ovary but consultant wants to do full hysterctomy due to history of cancer in family x must be ruling out anythn else getting quite scared of this MRI x

0 likes, 21 replies

21 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi, I wish it I'd have news but I am still waiting! I went to the appointment today but they hadn't had the MRI results sent through, and it wasn't being discussed until late this afternoon at a multidisciplinary team meeting! Waste of time really but the consultant has promised to ring tomorrow with some decisions. The good news is I shouldn't have to wait more the 6 or 7 weeks for the operation. They won't know for sure what it is until they actually operate but they are deciding whether it is high risk so done in the cancer centre, or low risk and done in the general gynaecology. So.... Still waiting! And the waiting is horrible isn't it!! Very anxious making indeed! 
    • Posted

Hi bex hope your not waiting to long i'm still waiting x its the waiting time thats making me very anxious.

I was just wondering why would consultant ask you to go see him without getting ur results back i wouldnt be happy i've been phoning hospital but still nothing back theres a saying know news is good news heres hoping

Just hope wee both ok

• Posted

Hi bex have you had any results back yet , i'm still waiting theres a saying know news os good news heres hoping hope everythn ok x
    • Posted

Hi, Sorry I have been so quiet. It has been quite a battle getting to fond anything out! They didnt discuss me for a further week and only just heard yesterday what is happening. I have been scheduled for surgery in the oncology dept. for next Wednesday. I still have no idea of any results from the MRI as I have only spoken to secretaries but I am hoping that at the pre-op assessment tomorrow I can ask some questions. I am a bit concerned at the speed they are fitting me in and am wondering if something showed up that has hurried them along. The waiting is absolutley awful isnt it - I have nearly gone bonkers this last week. I do now have a plan of action and I am grateful for that but am quite apprehensive now of the surgery. I dont think I will know anymore until after they operate now.

Have you heard anything yet? How are you feeling? x

• Posted

Hi bex atleast somethings happening for urself i've still not heard anything getting really axious that is the hard bit aswell i phoned consultants secetary x she says appointment bn made to see him again x also letter in post but still not recieved nothing

Hope all goes ok for uself bex x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.