MRI tomorrow...

Posted , 5 users are following.

i've had pins and needles and numbness in my left leg and foot for 16 weeks, ive had bloods done and NCS (nerve conduction study) and all fine.

so dr refered me for MRI, i finally got the appt after 6 weeks and its tomorrow...

i'm nervous as don't like closed in spaces, but also my numbness seams to have gone almost, only very slight now.

ankle still feels tight though and achy at times...

i feel like i'll be wasting there time and resources going for scan, but then also think...if i cancel and numbness comes back they won't refer me again.

i've have other things like lack of concentration at times, dead leg , and  numbness in side of face at times, but was mainly the leg i found annoying.

0 likes, 19 replies

19 Replies

Next
  • Posted

id go like you said they get narked if you cancel ,and although they proberly will say they cant find anything and put it down to fibro ,at least you will no,

i hate hospitals and doctors surgers dentist anything remotley medical i get very stressed out being ther, so i understand , its not your fault you had to wait 6 weeks ,and in that time the numbness has receeded .you didnt this was going to happen ,so just grit your teeth and go at least it will put your mind at rest that its not something else

• Posted

Good luck tomorrow justme, I hope it all goes well.  

The real time wasters, are the ones who are given appointments and don't turn up.

• Posted

hi, had the MRI

it was a bit like having my head in a tin bucket while someone bangs on it with a spanner!

the staff were fab and put me at ease, i had eye mask, headphones and music & panic alarm button...

took about 20 mins in all, was glad when it was over.

now just gotta wait for results, said 10-14 days.

if nothing shows up, then i'll be back to square one wondering why dead leg, pins needles etc.....

glad its done though..

• Posted

Hi to Just Me ...

I don't know if you've had the MRI done yet, but I get the feeling thay you are a bit claustrophic.  Find out if the place uses a "closed" system MRI.  I am very claustrophic and, because of this, my doctors let me go to "open MRI" facilities.  here are many of them where I live, so you will need to see if there are any open MRI facilties near you.

AND make sure you tell your doctor you don't want to go into a closed MRI.

I wish you good luck, and let us know - if you want to - how it turned out.

Gaiagal

• Posted

thanks, its today...

will let you know how i get on 

• Posted

hi, had the MRI

it was a bit like having my head in a tin bucket while someone bangs on it with a spanner!

the staff were fab and put me at ease, i had eye mask, headphones and music & panic alarm button...

took about 20 mins in all, was glad when it was over.

now just gotta wait for results, said 10-14 days.

if nothing shows up, then i'll be back to square one wondering why dead leg, pins needles etc.....

glad its done though..

• Posted

I like your description of the mri process!  I'm glad it's over and hope that they find something useful but not serious.
  • Posted

Strongs for the MRI.  Please let us know what they say. The burning sensation in my feet and legs subsided this weekend, but this morning with my heels it started all over again.  Maybe its the shoes, but the heels are not that high.  Still don't know what triggers it.
    • Posted

have you tried using those cushioned gel insoles .i can only where block heels and no more than 2inches 2i/2 at most , iv still got some beloved heels 31/2 but only if i am going out by car and sitting down all night.

its a sod isent it ,this condition it takes so much a way

• Posted

Hi tina24537.  I have tried it but it was years ago.  I think we need to get to know our bodies when we get older.  When you young (younger) you haven't got all the aches and pains that a persons has now.  Mayby it fibrositis who knows.  I plan to go to the GP on Wednesday.  Came to work with 5cm heels, had to send word home to drop a pair of slops off, feet burning like mad.  So no more heelies for me. :-(
    • Posted

i know babes i really miss my heels,  i live in slip on mules in summer from pavers there slightly cushioned, and cowboy or biker boots in winter .

try soaking your feet in warm epsom salts .

• Posted

Hi.  I'll try the epsom salts.  Don't know if it would work but worth a try.  At the moment I cant wear shoes or boots, my feet boils inside of it and feels very uncomfortable.  
    • Posted

i cant wear closed in shoes all day  only a few hours other wise my feet get to hot and start itching the same with socks .
    • Posted

If I may ask.  How old are you.  I want to know if it has something to do with a persons age. confused
    • Posted

I'm 53 next week.  Went to GP yesterday.  He said it's poor blood circulation.  Gave me meds but said it will take a few days to feel the change.
    • Posted

they give meds for every dam thing i find id rather put up with it it normaly wears of with walking the dead leg. and i just keep my feet exposed in doors and only wear enclosed shoes when i go out in the colder months,

but thats just me personaly , doctors get alsorts of perks for pushing certain meds ,there nothing more than legal drug dealers in my opionion

you do get some good ones it would be unfair to say they were all bad but the more you go them the more drugs you get on ,

so unless i am crawling around on the floor unable to get up i will stay away ,except for yr check ups just to make sure nothing elses is going on .    but each to there own . tina. in  yorkshire

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.