MRI tomorrow...

Posted , 5 users are following.

i've had pins and needles and numbness in my left leg and foot for 16 weeks, ive had bloods done and NCS (nerve conduction study) and all fine.

so dr refered me for MRI, i finally got the appt after 6 weeks and its tomorrow...

i'm nervous as don't like closed in spaces, but also my numbness seams to have gone almost, only very slight now.

ankle still feels tight though and achy at times...

i feel like i'll be wasting there time and resources going for scan, but then also think...if i cancel and numbness comes back they won't refer me again.

i've have other things like lack of concentration at times, dead leg , and  numbness in side of face at times, but was mainly the leg i found annoying.

0 likes, 19 replies

19 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

hi,

i phoned th drs yesterday to see if results were back, receptionist was quite grumpy and just said yes, degenerative something and wear and tear..and only see dr if symptoms still there?

dunno what this means , is it just a regular cos we are getting older?

yep leg still goes dead and still gets pins and needles and numb and the tight ankle feelings?

looks like i'm gonna have to get used to it :-)

• Posted

Hi justme67, I have to have my bloods done regularly and the last time I had them done at the GP's surgery, the receptionist told me that 2 were 'normal' and one was 'satisfactory' - now, what on earth does that mean?!  My Consultant [Dermatologist] was livid because being told things like that worries the patient, often unnecessarily.  Our surgery went through a phase where the receptionists weren't allowed to give out results, although they are now allowed to give out normal and satisfactory results, which really doesn't help because they haven't a clue about what they are saying.

I would go and see your doctor, or telephone him and tell him that you didn't find the receptionist's result giving helpful and you didn't understand what she meant.  

Good luck

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.