MUA

Posted , 12 users are following.

Saw my consultant on Tuesday and it's official I'm in need of an MUA.

I had my TKR on the 6th January and was doing great, at 7wks my knee was

nearly straight and my bend was 105. Saw my physiotherapist and she told

me my kneecap was stuck and since this happened my knee is perfectly

straight but my bend has deteriorated to 68.

He said that if he can't manipulate the kneecap loose he will have to open

up the knee to release it. So another little setback, but I will come out on top .

2 likes, 40 replies

40 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Is it normal that you have knee caps kept as I am fairly sure I had the choice and ust have the TKR.
    • Posted

I wasn't given the option to choose not to keep my kneecap,

apparently it's the norm in the hospital I had my surgery.

• Posted

Oh dear after doing so well. You sound upbeat though so that's good. Hope this sorts you out and you can move forward again. Best wishes Jannette
  • Posted

Best of luck to you I'm having my quadricep tendon rebuilt Monday so best of luck to the both of us take care
  • Posted

Hi Glynis!

Sorry to hear of your setback. Sending prayers to you for success with your MUA.

Please keep us posted on how you are doing!

• Posted

Oh Glynis

So sorry to hear that. Well, you'll feel better in no time. Hopefully the Doc can manipulate knee cap without opening incision.

Good Luck. Keeps us posted.

• Posted

Hi Glynis

Hope all goes well with your MUA. It's a bum when you get setbacks after doing so well but don't let it get to you. You sound like a fighter and yes you will come out on top. You go girl ☺☺

• Posted

Hi Glynis

I had MUAs on both of my knees (at different times).  The first one worked brilliantly, but my reason for having the MUAs was because I'd got to the stage where I couldn't straighten my legs and so walking was a nightmare.

My second MUA still left me with a bent leg (although my consultant said that he got it straight in theatre), so I had to have it re-opened a year after the TKR, to have excess scar tissue removed.  I was doing well a again until I returned to work after three months and now I'm in the same position again.  I'm in considerable pain, so have just seen a pain doctor.  I'm also now trying hydrotherapy.  It's been a long and painful slog, unfortunately.

I'm sure that your MUA will be very beneficial, as you have a straight leg.

All the best.

Patsy

• Posted

That what I'm afraid...of...I hope all goes well.....I try moving the knee....even with pain...I know is not easy.....good luck
  • Posted

I head to the Dr on Wednesday and I'm expecting to have my MUA set up as well.  When is your MUA scheduled for?  I've been stuck at 90 for at least 6 weeks or so.  Are you going to physical therapy prior to the MUA or taking some time off?  Best of luck!  Please let me know how it goes!
    • Posted

Hi Shannon, I haven't got a date yet so I rang the hospital to see what the hold up is.

My consultant adviced me to do exercises at home and wait till I've had the MUA before going back to physio as that is the time I will be having intensive physio 3x week.

Im still stuck at 68 but getting a lot more pain & stiffness so I've had to increase my pain meds to help ease it a bit.

Let me know how you get on . Good luck x

• Posted

Hi Glynis.  I'm scheduled for the 28th for MUA.  My Dr asked that I do exercises but not go to PT before the MUA.

I still take 1 tramadol in the morning on most days as I'm on my feet all day for work.  I haven't been to PT for almost 2 weeks because I was out of town for work & I've been more sore as well.  It's like I'm sore when I do PT but also sore if I don't smile

Keep me posted if you get scheduled!  Best of luck to you!

• Posted

Hi Shannon, I'm having mine done on Tue 15th, my consultant also told me to continue with exercises at home but no physio, my knee has stiffened an awful lot more so I can't wait to have the MUA done.

Will keep you updated as to how it goes x

• Posted

Mine is much more stiff as well without PT.  I'm just hoping the MUA does the trick!  Best of luck & I look forward to hearing how you do.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.