Muggy weather

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hi Everyone,

Silly question really but has anyone else in England suffered from this heavy humid weather with the air full of floating white stuff?  I can hardly move sometimes recently so I've just started taking my steroids.  I suppose I just need re-assurance and hope that my COPD is not getting worse permanently.  It's really comforting and supportive to read all your posts.  Bless you.

0 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi there, we have also had weather problems, they effect a lot of asthma suffers also, yes, I now find the weather plays a huge part of how I am feeling on the day. I use oxygen now most days and find the limits of my lungs are dictated by weather and any infections that seem a regular occur ace, not much in the way so immune system. Hang in there, better days to come.
  • Posted

google - "looking after your lungs in hot weather"  blf pages.

Humidity, heat and pollen alll affect breathing and often exacerbate symptoms.  *

An anti histamine each even may help with that.

* That doesn't necessarily mean you have a lung infection.

Pity you started on the steroids you may not have needed them and they are not something to take unless your doctor has advised you to do so.  Taking oral steroids unecessarily is not a good thing to do as they can affect bone health long term. 

Though now you should finish the course.  

If you believe you have a lung infection ABs and steroids together as prescribed by your doctor.

Probably its best for you to check in with your doctor.

Keep in mind air pollution, heat, pollen count, dust, smoke, wind varies from town to town so some people may be more affected than others.  Although most people with COPD are affected by poor air quality and extreme temperatures.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.