Multi septated with solid elements and mural nodules ovarian cyst!!

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hi just an update of my recent scan and I'm petrified !! This is my 3 rd scan.it shows 3 small irregular cysts with thick septation and mural nodules !! The largest cyst is 20 x 14mm but overall the ovary has grown in size slightly.they have advised repeat scan in two months !!! Why why why if I have features of malignancy on the cysts are they not removing it straight away ?! Please can anyone help I'm beside myself with anxiety as I've googled solid parts,thick septations and mural nodules are high signs of malignancy.there is no blood flow to the cysts and my ca 125 was normal. please has anyone been through this ???? Thanks Michelle xxx

1 like, 63 replies

63 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Dear friends..

My pathology was benign. I am grateful, but have been grieving the loss of my last ovary. I'm scared.

My cyst completely replaced the ovary.... I don't think anything could be done.

Today I had my first real cry... I think it will get better...

If I could rewind the tape I would have talked to a gyn/onc... but the cyst essentially took over my ovary so who knows what would have happened.

Too late for what ifs now.

Lone you all for your notes. Will be in touch.

• Posted

Emily - I'm sorry you lost your remaining ovary but glad to hear the cyst was benign. You may find you need HRT to treat symptoms since surgical menopause is usually more severe than natural. Try not to ruminate on the "what ifs" since you can't change it. I know all too well though that it's easier said than done. Please keep us posted.

• Posted

Thank you.. I'm heartbroken but seeing my doctor this week...

• Posted

*love* not lone...)
    • Posted

emily good news on your cyst Some people suffer a little depression after surgery. Your going to be fine. How are you healing How are you feeling.I had a total hysterectomy and its not bothering me at all. I dont miss all those parts lol. I was really sick almost died 15 years ago and it threw me into early menopause and I never felt any different except my periods being gone. If you do have any problems there are things the doctor can give you lots of women take it. I didnt need anything. As far as aging just starting noticing wrinkles this year at 63. After surgery my husband and mother in law say I look younger maybe that cyst  isnt strangling me any more.So glad it wasnt cancer for both of us. I will be thinking about you let me know how you doing
    • Posted

Hi Didi..

Your post to me is the only thing so far that has given me hope.

I am in a depression. Had panic attacks... still owe many kind people here emails but not feeling at all like myself.

My stomach has been sick... I get terrible anxiety and I just wish that I could have saved a part of my last ovary....

I am glad that you are doing so well. Maybe in time I will snap out of this.

I wish I could turn back the clock and have a gyn oncologist do the surgery! I love my GYN but I feel like I failed myself. This has been a horrible summer.....but your post truly gives me hope.. thank you.

• Posted

emily Both times I had major surgery I had some depression and thats unusual for me. I read lots of people suffer from it after sugery. If it lasts very long might want to talk to your doctor about it.You will feel better and if you have any problems you can take HRT. My grandsons gfs mom had cervical cancer 16 years ago at age  thirty. she had everything removed and dosent take anything  and looks fine and say she feels great.Drink lots of fluids I  got dehydratied and was vomiting untilI I got  nausea meds in me.Your going to be fine I know you will and this will all be behind you in no time. I feel better everyday. Are you healing ok are you in pain at all? Let me know how your doing.biggrin

• Posted

I am healing well. Mentally I am not. It will take a while for me to adjust. I feel like I made a big mistake. I'm not doing well..

I'm trying to just be like you... it's just so scary. I'm not myself at all....

• Posted

Unless your cyst was very small I doubt it could have been saved. My older sister died from cervical cancer my daughter had cervical cancer that was caught very early thank god I had two cyst the one that was 37cm and the one that was 3 cm. Im sure the 3cm probably could have been saved but my cyst had characteristics of cancer that meant the possiblity of more surgeries, chemo and who know what else. I was so grateful it wasnt cancer and the possibliity of more cysts growing I decided remove it all I dont want to worry about this anymore. My husband and daughters were all very grateful it wasnt cancer either.My aunt also had a total hysterectomy at a young age and shes fine and looks fine she 10 years older than me.So try not to feel like you made a mistake as you most likely didnt.You will be fine if you have any problems you cant live with ask your doctor what he or she suggests. thinking about you confused

• Posted

I am so grateful to you for your notes to me...

Yes, it had suspicious traits.

I'm so glad you are doing well and can share your story with me and all of us here.

I owe an email to a lovely person named Patty as well. I've been using my cell.. bought a new computer and haven't transferred all of my passwords...

I am going to get through this. Crying helps.

Talking to frIends does too.

You lifted my heart. All of the gals here are wonderful...

Thank you...

• Posted

emily Glad I can help. I know how scarey this is for all of us not knowing what to expect. It helps knowing other people are going through it and are ok. If you need to cry get it out what ever makes you feel better. Im doing better every day and I dont feel any different  than before surgery except I can bend over and my huge stomach is gone.if you get bored message back .

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.