Multiple Sclerosis symptoms - But brain MRI is almost normal

Posted , 6 users are following.

About 8 months ago I was having low sensitivity on some areas of my body, and I had erection problems. But the the problems has gone away after about one month.

2 months ago, I was having problems with balancing, and writing, I couldn't write a thing legit. But it has improved.

Now I'm feeling a tingling sensation on the left side of my face, and during that time my speech is slurring. Sometimes it's so worse that I can't speak a word clearly. The balancing problem and erectile dysfunction are still present.

The symptoms are coming and improving after some time.

Took a brain MRI but it showed no lesions.

I'm afraid if I'm having MS, but not diagnosed yet. What should I do!!

0 likes, 25 replies

25 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I consulted the neurologist today. He told me he's sure I don't have MS. Gave me two tablets for a month. And told me to see him after that.

Toficalm- 50 (Tofisopam) two tablets daily at morning and night

Prothiaden-75 (Dosulepin) one daily at night

• Posted

He's a senior doctor and he says I don't have MS. ?I don't know what to do now.

• Posted

Take the tablets write down all symptoms/sensations etc if you are still feeling the same ask him for a spinal MRI and a lumbar puncture. Let's us know how you get on, good luck, I totally understand your frustration. Sorry

• Posted

Hi John  Felt the need to reply to see how you are doing a few months down the road now.  

What I saw of great interest to me was that you said

" 2 months ago, I was having problems with balancing, and writing, I couldn't write a thing legit. "

"Now I'm feeling a tingling sensation on the left side of my face, and during that time my speech is slurring. Sometimes it's so worse that I can't speak a word clearly. The balancing problem  are still present."

John  just because you saw a "Senior Doctor" does not end your search to find out what's wrong with you.

I am hoping that by now, you have had an MRI of the thoracic spine and a lumbar puncture.  It is my opinion that you have MS. Also was angry to see that they gave you >> Antidepressants + tranquilizers<<  I'm sure that is not going to fix your balance issues, or slurred speech, or the ability to write.  By the way, I have MS and I have issues when I'm typing.  It is really strange.  I have to re-read what I type to be sure it is correct.  I have not slurred my speech, but I have stuttered many times and that was something I had never done before.

So I am wondering how you are doing.  Don't give up John, There are many "Senior Doctors" out there.

Find one who will Listen, and run the tests that you need.  Best wishes to You   cool

• Posted

Thank you very much for the reply. smile

Now I'm not facing the issues with balancing.

Now there's an electric shock like sensation on the left side of the face which lasts for few seconds. It's uncomfortable and very painful sometimes. It happens every minute, or more than once in a minute. The medication is making me sleep for 9 or 10 hours. I'm not experiencing this while in sleep. But while I'm awake, these attacks are happening frequently. 

I googled the symptoms to find that it matches with trigeminal neuralgia. MS may be a reason for that. I don't know. 

I'm not getting a proper diagnosis. The doctor I consult keeps on telling me that there's nothing to worry about. When I asked what may be the reason for this, he told me to have medication for one more month and to consult him after that. I think he believes it's due to anxiety. I think I should consult another neurologist.

• Posted

I haven't done any tests you mentioned. Instead, he's done a video EEG which turned out to be pretty normal.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.