Multiple tendonitis throughout body

Posted , 13 users are following.

So I recently got back from my rheomotologst and they said all my blood work for autoimmune and disease were negative . I'm getting more and more frustrated being that they are unable to find what is causing my multiple tendon breakdown. Anyone got any ideas what could be causing it ?

0 likes, 19 replies

19 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Actually this reply is a question to everyone. Whats the chance this could be caused a virus?

• Posted

Actually this reply is a question to everyone. Whats the chance this could be caused a virus?

• Posted

These stories don't give me much hope. I started having pain in several tendons all over my body 4 days ago. And will probably get the same research results. Ive tried to find info online, but there is only info about a local tendinitis.

• Posted

Hi all, my story resonates with you all. I am a 27 year old man, last year I was cycling competitively , I had reached my life peak shape, discovered to have an outstanding cardiac capacity (VO2 max above 75) and I was contacted by a semi-pro team with a sponsorship contract. I was doing 12-16 a hours a week of sport and training, racing with good results and cycling was a major component of my life. I also love hiking, skiing, mountaineering and the outdoors in general.

In the past years I had some overuse injuries, a stress fracture running/hiking and light tendinitis/IT band pain in the knee but I was able to manage everything and be extremely active in my sport life.

Since October a terrible combination of events starts unfolding. First a posterior tibialis tendon injury, then knee pain on both knees and sides (medial and lateral) following some minor bike fit changes. I saw a bunch of doctors, physiotherapists, osteopaths, podiatrist, etc., all were saying that there was nothing major going on. I stopped cycling a month ago and I started doing specific and functional muscle reinforcement to fix my issues and from that TWO other tendon problems popped up: bilateral high hamstrings tendinitis (pain under my butt when sitting) and elbow tendinitis on the right side, all of this only from doing some basic exercises at the gym under the supervision and guidance of a trainer specialized in injuries 🙃. It felt like all my tendons lost their strength all of a sudden and get injured with nothing.

I am now fighting this but as you all can imagine there are moments where I am very close to depression and even doubting the sense and purpose of my life.

Not only I am not able to train and race on my bike, but all my daily life and movements are affected, even walking or cooking hurt. I still try to stay moderately active but I am afraid of making the pain worse or triggering it in other areas.

I am doing psycho therapy and trying to cope with it, focus on other areas of life, but that’s very difficult.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.