muscle aches

Posted , 16 users are following.

Hello all,

I don't know if anyone else ever experienced this but I am not sick but just have muscle aches all over randomly. I'll get achy in my hands and feet. Then the next day I'll have aches in my legs and arms. I feel like a hyprochrondriac beacuse I don't have  a fever but just generally feel unwell. Can this be related to hormones?

3 likes, 32 replies

32 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Yup It happens too me also, aches on my arms and calfs, feet too!!!! Hang in there were all here for you!!! At times I just want to sleep all day.
  • Posted

I am 55 and still perimenopausal. I started to get pain in different parts of my back and neck around the same time I was getting other perimenopausal symptoms. I took all kinds of MRI's and xrays and all they could find was a little arthritis at the base of my neck. I am also low in vitamin D and iron. I can't say for sure if the

pain is perimenopausal symptoms but I feel like there is some connection. I just added an algae based calcium supplement to my diet. It includes vitamin D, K2 and other vitamins in it that help absorb the calcium.

• Posted

are you all watching your sugar intake??  that means any white stuff:  rice, bread, sugary foods,  pasta... it causes swelling in joints. 
  • Posted

Dane, Carol, Barbara

Hi:

Thanks for your information.  I will find the Osteocare, can I get it on-line?

Also, I wake up in horrible pain, even if I take an afternoon nap I wake up in pain.  How can sleeping affect the pain level?

I have also wondered about my sugar intake and have no idea if it causes any of these awful symptoms.

What do any of you do while you are incapacitated?  I will watch T.V. but I can't stand the noise so I mute it and I read a lot,  Are anyone of you on pain meds?  I take Oxycodone but there are times when that does not help, and it is the only thing that does help at all when it wants to.

Every ones messages do help so thanks to all of you.

Kathy

• Posted

I take paracetamol/ ibuprofen for day to day pain but if worsens I have tramadol n co codamol

I get fed up sitting around I potter about the house n garden n watch TV or read every 1's posts on here n glad when 7.30-8pm comes around n I can come to bed x

• Posted

yes, sugar causes stomach and painful joint issues.  try abstaining for a week and see how you feel.  try snacks with high protein, avoid sugars even in tea and coffee.  i have degenerative disc disease in my neck and sleep much better because i've dropped the sugar, 20 pounds and don't feel like poo after eating the crap.  it's worth a try.  i've really had to experiment with my diet and supplements to see what works.  cutting sugars and increasing protein and fiber is definitely working for me.  smile
    • Posted

Hi Kat - You can get Oteocare online, they are big & hard to swallow but you can get chewable ones! I also use Magnesuim oil spray which I rub into the painful bits which really helps especially at bedtime. If I get really bad (Sciatica) I use a tens machine on the muscles. This can be bought online! X
    • Posted

Hi  I  think the pain is when we sleep our bodies dont move as much &  I am really stiff & my joints are painful first thing, so when I wake up I stretch before I get out of bed, starting with my hands & pulling each leg up to my chest & them both legs together all slow movements! rolleyes
  • Posted

Hi dane521

?I'm in perimenopause and have aching shoulders, neck, and chest are for the past year... It get worse when it's damp out.  I've been getting massage therepy every 2 weeks, and it helps.  When I can't get in every two weeks, I feel horrible.  It's worse when I'm suppose to have my period, which just shows up when it wants to.  I started taking Magnesium, which helps a little also. Baths with Epsom salts and my lovely microwaveable heat pack works wonders.... I'm aching and stiff all the time.  Even just a few hours of relieve is better that nothing lately.  My vitamin d was extremely low, but it is under control after 6 months.  I would get that checked out just to rule it out....

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.