Muscle cramp.

Posted , 6 users are following.

I was diagnosed with osteoarthritis a few years ago following scans and X-rays. I have it in several joints. Before I was diagnosed I had occasional muscle cramp but nothing to concern me however in the last 6 months they have become almost unbearable particularly on a night when I'm in bed as soon as I move. Last night I was woken almost every couple of hours and my legs and feet are locked into positions I didn't think were possible. Does anyone know if this is related to osteoarthritis? 

2 likes, 18 replies

18 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Matron, I used to get night cramps,. Since taking magnesium tablets my cramps have nearly disappeared.Like hope4cure said I also do hydro. I also do a lot of stretches during the day.Trying not to stay in the one position for too long, but when you are in pain it is very hard. Hope this is of some help. Hang in there. Cheers Jules.
    • Posted

Hello jules. Thank you for your help. As I said in my post to hope4cure I am going to give magnesium a try. I appreciate you getting back to me.
  • Posted

i have oa recently diagnosed in my knee, i too have cramps in both my calf and back thigh muscle. i used to think it was bcos of my constant limp

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.