muscle fatigue/aches and travelling from muscle to muscle

Posted , 11 users are following.

Hi  I have been reading this thread and was absolutely amazed that there is muscle aches and pains with other women writing here going through menopause.   I am 62 with Mulitple Sclerosis.  and it was boggling my mind that the legs were aching and paing just like i had just run 17 -  100 metre dashes.Thought it was MS but it just did not make sense(after 35 years i know my MS)...and then I had two days of Heart Burn like a Volcano and found this Forum and read about Heartburn problems and Muscles Aching. 

My question   ---  does anybody know absolutely for sure that there travelling aches and pains in their muscles are from Menopause-- I had to stop exercising as my legs were so sore....I do reocognize after 8 years  of exercise  it is the key for a low maintenance menopause

2 likes, 23 replies

23 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Kate, been there, my legs feel exhausted but as mentioned from another post taking calcium pills gets rid of pain along with the Vitamin D. How much vitamin D needed should start with 3000IU's the first few days then take it down to 1000IU's per day.  I also find that soaking in Epsom Salts helps relieve a lot of the pain when all else fails. But since you have MS, consult with your doctor before trying it. Epsom salts helps to relieve me of all my aches and pains.
    • Posted

Thanaks for your letter---amazing about the calcium pills.going to start Vit. D   /
  • Posted

Dear Kate

Im absolutely certain the muscle aches and cramps are meno related! I never had this problem until menopause and recently my muscles were constantly hurting and i was getting leg cramps at night when i led on my right leg, this is something i never experienced before, i recently started taking liquid magnesium and the muscle aches and pains have gone, plus the leg cramps at night xx

• Posted

Dear Kate

Im absolutely certain the muscle aches and cramps are meno related! I never had this problem until menopause and recently my muscles were constantly hurting and i was getting leg cramps at night when i led on my right leg, this is something i never experienced before, i recently started taking liquid magnesium and the muscle aches and pains have gone, plus the leg cramps at night xx

• Posted

My goodness...this is so crazy...it is identical to Multiple Sclerosis such that if you exercise- the muscles struggle to relax and when you do lie down or watch TV  they start to spasm -I have had this since i was 26. Except this pain is moving around.I am taking a copy of these posts to my Doctor and my massage Therapist.
    • Posted

Dear Kate,

Yes i never had problems before like this but my muscles really did hurt and when i did alot of walking once it really hurt my left leg muscle for some time after x

• Posted

I'm pretty certain mine was meno related.

I had such painful feet I was hobbling around like an old lady, tired legs (I used to say like I'd run a marathon). Both shoulders too.

HRT made the tired legs and feet go within a month. One shoulder got better within 3 months and a couple of weeks ago the other shoulder suddenly stopped hurting as well (HRT for 6 months now).

So I would say in my case anyway menopause was to blame for these aches and pains and tired (not just my legs, I used to feel exhausted for no apparent reason).

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.