Muscle stiffness and pain

Posted , 8 users are following.

Good Morning my friends,

Not a good morning at all for me. Nauseous, dizziness, muscle stiffness, back pain...and then of course comes the anxiety. We have one car right now and I usually take the hubby to work on Saturday mornings but this morning I didn't want to get dressed much less leave the house. I've been hanging on by a thread, feel like crying, very sad. My son is 34 and an alcoholic so I have to deal with that on top of everything else. Just needed to tell someone that...

Does anyone have any suggestions for the stiff muscles.???? It's like it happened overnight for me.

Had a total hysterectomy 14 mths ago so I am in full blown menopause.

1 like, 40 replies

40 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

U hang in there not all days are the same i keep telling myself its gonna pass , so u can do the same but get som rest ..take care ((hugs))
  • Posted

hi Lottie1966, I really feel for you - im the same, ive had a total hysterectomy and am in surgical meno too. It's horrible and the list of symptoms is endless, im having counselling for my terrible health anxiety, I think I have every single horrible disease there is all the time, to be honest I don't think the counselling is doing me much good but everyone's different. Im stiff all over especially in the mornings. The nausea is tempory, mine disappeared after about two years and the dizziness has settled down now but the list still goes on and on, it's finding ways to deal with it all. Hope you feel better soon xx

• Posted

I'm crying as I'm reading....my one Dr says the nausea may be coming from scar tissue forming. Does that make any sense?

Nausea always scares me because it's a symptom of heart attacks for women.

I'm just really tired of having every symptom of a heart attack and knowing deep down that it's my anxiety.

I walk around thinking everyone looks so happy and pain free and then there's me😔

• Posted

I'm like that, been thinking for weeks I'm going to have a heart attack and I won't do anything in case I do. I was at my Drs on Thursday she's fantastic with me and says this is all normal feelings when u have anxiety and the feeling sick or beeen sick is also a anxiety symptom. I'm starting counselling x

• Posted

That's exactly how I feel Lotto, just letting you know you're not alone. I feel so isolated with all my sypmtoms like no one understands. Re your nausea a friend of mine gave me Star Anise tea last night..it's a herb and if you Google health benefits it's ideal for woman in our situation and it really helped with my nausea last night and helped me sleep too xx

• Posted

Just talking on here as helped. First time I've been on here x

• Posted

Oh you poor thing, well I did see the doctor about the nausea and he was worse than useless so i saw the nurse, she explained that nausea is very very common with this type of surgery and can sadly continue for quite a while, I promise you it will pass. Like I said I had it for 2 years, every morning without fail I would almost vomit it was sooooo bad, along with the terrible dizziness , loss of balance, feeling spaced out , almost fainting, tinnitus, stomach issues, Couldnt go out through fear of fainting, feeling totally overwhelmed with out of control lightheadedness and spacey head - all those horrid things. This surgery is brutal and takes a massive toll on our bodies especially without HRT, I can't have it due to terrible migraines so had to rough it out and it's no easy ride is it, most of those nasty symptoms are tolerable now and no where near as bad, but at the time I felt like I was dying and was going to die from it all I felt so bad, things will get better I promise you it just takes time. It's still early days for you really, your body is still in shock and these symptoms will get better with time honestly. There is no quick fix for us but there's lots we can do to help ourselves. It's really important to drink lots of water, no caffeine, as much fruit and veg as you can, I stay away from bread, biscuits, cake all that kind of thing as they slow down our digestive system, try to stay away from artificial foods and additives if you can. Things will get better in time honestly, be kind to yourself xxxx

• Posted

before I forget, ive had all the heart attack symptoms too - terrible chest pains one night I had to go to hospital, I honestly believed I was having a heart attack. I had blood tests, chest X-rays, heart monitor overnight etc - totally crying and panicking thinking I was dying . All tests were negative, nothing wrong, doctors said it was all anxiety due to all the other symptoms. This is real and the symptoms are real, a lot due to anxiety. I wish there was more help and understanding for women , we seem to have to get on with it but you have us here and you can talk to me anytime, PM me if you like. Look after yourself, sending hugs great big ones ! Xxxx
    • Posted

Everything you just mentioned is what I'm feeling. The tinnitus just started this week off and on.

Every night I ask my hubby to rub my back. He says "does it feel any better" after 10 minutes. I don't want to say "it never feels any better" lol. I am lucky that he tries.

Walking is difficult at times because of the dizziness. I do notice when I up my veggie and fruit intake I feel better and I've always been a water drinker.

You've given me hope. Thank you

• Posted

I've been to the DR twice in the last year. All tests were clear also. Can't stand to wear a bra, feels like its squeezing me to death and like a rubber band at times.

• Posted

Gosh yes doing this with no HRT is Absoloutley horrendous, everything seems hopeless right now but it's NOT, honestly ive been right where you are now, I understand being wobbly on your legs - I felt like I couldn't walk in a straight line for almost two years, convinced myself I had a brain tumor honestly, terror, dread, horror all those things and mostly becoming so introverted with all the anxiety, keeping it all in - worry worry worry, sleepless nights pacing the floor, googling every single symptom at 3am, scaring myself to death convinced I was dying ( sound familiar ? ) utterly beside myself, pretending I'm ok to everyone else because they were sick of hearing me . This is all normal , you are going through hell right now BUT I promise you it WILL get better I promise. Try to look to the future as you do have a better one, your body will settle down naturally in time - right now it's in shock and screaming out, take time out for yourself if you can even if it means shutting yourself in the bedroom for an hour on your own, tell yourself ' this is temporary, this is real but it will pass in time ' ....... If you need a friend im here anytime xx

• Posted

You have come to me as an angel in disguise. EVERYTHING you have described is all me right now. I will admit I feel like it is getting better the last month or so.

Thank you for talking with me today. As I said it was a really bad day....feeling better now 😘

• Posted

Hi Lottie,

I feel for you as I'm going through the same things.  Summer of 2015 was when my health anxiety started to get bad and with every symptom I had I was sure it was my heart.....tight chest, crashing fatigue, nausea, aching in muscles of left shoulder and arm ( I also got it in right arm too but of course only focused on the left).  Two trips to the emergency room, one of which I was kept overnight.  Over the past year and a half I've had cardiac bloodwork, EKGs, echocardiogram, chest X-ray, stress test, and a few months ago had cardiac CT scan with dye injection (because my brother had a heart attack and I was positive my arteries were also clogged and I was going to have one too!)  I'm happy to say that all tests were normal and I have zero calcium in my arteries and no narrowing of the arteries.  I am so relieved to know my heart is ok.  I still get those symptoms and my anxiety is still there and I'm trying not to focus on other health things......its a never ending battle.

This health anxiety and hormone issues is a tough road....I wonder if I am ever going to feel normal again and I grieve for the loss of the old me...the one who could be on the go for a whole day and not feel exhausted.  Hang in there Lottie and know that you have a lot of us who are here for you!

• Posted

You're gonna be just fine I promise. I think this is the equilivant of being castrated ! How would men like it and how would they feel !! ....  Hang in there it gets better xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.