Muscle twitching

Posted , 6 users are following.

For about 3 years I have had muscle twitching mainly in my legs.  I have all the tests and everything is negative.  I have no weakness anywhere.  Now for the last few days I have a sort of buzzing sensation mainly in my buttocks.  Has anyone else had any symptoms like this.  Thanks for reading

0 likes, 25 replies

25 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Blimey Mary, buzzing buttocks. Not good. And I'm not making fun. I'm no doctor but two things spring to mind from personal experience. The twitching and numbness (buzzing?) you're experiencing, could that be related to  trapped nerves? Could you try some stretching exercises to see whether the symptoms improve/go away? If you're still experiencing the twitching, you could try magnesium tablets and magnesium rich foods. I was diagnosed with hemifacial spasm last year and the neurologist mentioned that surgical intervention may be one way of stopping the twitching in my face. I didn't fancy that and said I wanted to give magnesium a try. She was supportive of that and said why not, if that works for you, but did add she'd not heard of magnesium helping before. Nevertheless, I tried them and after about three weeks, the twitching diminished and six weeks later, had disappeared. I hope you get to the bottom of your problem. No pun intended.
    • Posted

Thanks I have got some magnesium so I will try that, glad to know I am not on my own.  Take care
    • Posted

doctors dont know everything ,they do half a day on minerals and vitimans in there training , i to get my eye to stop twitching dabbining it with  magneisuim liquid . and i apply it to my legs at night to stop the jerking which also works ,my stomach is to sensistive for even the plant based tablet, so i do it oraly

a friend of mine took it for a fast heart beat which was needing to be sorted with a pace maker after seven weeks she went back for a pre op check up ,and the operation was cancelled heart was working at the right rate, she now lives in new zealand with her children and grandchildren ,which wouldnt have been possiable before she is 61 .

theres also research going on in leicester general hospital i think on magneisuim being injected into the heart after a attack to reduce damage, this is done is some parts of the USA with good results.

hope i havnt bored you. but its an incredable little mineral that people dont think about.

• Posted

absolutely right about no nutrition training for GP's...!

the info you share is much appreciated ...thanks! whats the brand name of the liquid may i ask please? spell it out with gaps and no apostrophes and it should come through!

• Posted

hey mary

just what i was going to suggest...mega doses of magnesium. keep up with selenium too...another that we're quite deficient in...plus all the anti oxidants and omega 3. vit c helps with mag absorp too

love mary xxxxxxxxxxx

• Posted

Good Luck with it mary...will you let us know how you get on?
  • Posted

i get a lot of twitching , and a funny warm sensation that feels a bit like a dog has weed up your leg , sorry cant think of another explanation ,at the moment iv been getting twitching around my eye,so i dab it for a few night with liquid magneisum and it stopped , so if i get twitching i dab with the magnesium until it stops,

you could try taking the plant magneisum as a supplement , most peple are ok with this type ,start on lower does , to much can have a laxative effect. AND DONT TAKE if you have kidney problems  .

• Posted

A quick magnesium fix would be a nice 20 minute soak in a warm bath of Epsom salts (magnesium sulfate) but not if your kidneys are not working properly and it can cause low blood pressure so watch it if you've got heart disease, particularly irregular heartbeat.
    • Posted

thats interesting hazza

do you know what causes the lowering of BP?

Often thats a good thing but i do have low bp...kidneys ok tho!

thanks for your input!!

• Posted

Hi marey, sorry I can't tell you for sure. Maybe if you overdo the amount of Epsom  salt you use, you could slow your heart down. I'm only guessing this. I've had a heart attack and I use about two thirds of a cup in a bathful of water. No ill effects so far smile whether or not there is any proven benefit is irrelevafnt to me because relaxing in a nice warm bath with bath salts is well, so relaxing and that does me a lot of good. If you have any concerns, please ask a doctor smile
    • Posted

Thanks I'll buy some Epsom salts.  I've already taking soluable magnesium and it feels a bit better.  Thanks for the advice
    • Posted

you do get better results from deep sea magneisum crystals ,more expensive. thou worth it , i also buy it in liquid form to rub on.

do not have your bath hot either with epsom salts or the other type

this tends to expel toxins from your body , in a laxtive way ,

the bath should be body temperture .

• Posted

tina ...do you mean by this that a hot epsom salt bath has an increased laxative effect?

that would be a positive for me!! doyou buy the salts on line? any particular brand? i'm in uk. thanks for your help and thanks mary for the question!

• Posted

all i can say it did for me, i soaked my feet in hot epsom salts and i was of to the loo in a very short while several times, you can take epsom salts in your tea for constapation but you must not over do it.

i buy sea based magneisum on line yes thru ebay, but he is  local to me so i know his trustworthy and have met a few times.

if you just want ordinary epsom salts you can buy at boots, theres two differant kinds i think , one to take internaly and one to put in the bath dont get them mixed up .

• Posted

ok tina...well thank you very much!

stay well x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.