muscle twitching and cramps anyone???

Posted , 13 users are following.

I am in peri-menopause and have had significant muscle twitching (mostly in calves and feet, but occasionally in torso area).  Now it seems like my leg and feet muscles are trying to cramp up.  I have been eating very well, doing a "reset" and only doing fruit, veggies protein and healthy fats and be as "clean" as possible with the food.  My chiropratic neurologist thinks it is due to inflammation and some sort or neuropathy,  and its getting worse not better.  I have also seen my primary care MD to rule out any serious nervous system issues such as ALS, MS and parkinsons....no one thinks that  what i have is serious , but I am at the end of my rope here.  Anyone else experience this and did you find something that helped???

2 likes, 24 replies

24 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I had muscle twitching in my eyes and leg cramp at night, always in my right, magnesium seems to have sorted it out plua drinking plenty of water for muacle cramping x
  • Posted

Thanks so much everyone!!  I really appreciate all of your responses.  This is a great site!  Is it based in UK??  it is so nice to know that there are people out there who get it!!  

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.