Muscle twitching and jerks

Posted , 60 users are following.

Hi. I have read a couple of places that other people experience this with peri. Just wondering if anyone has a clue as to what causes it. It was bad for about a week and then got better. Now it's back. Ugh. Such a worrisome symptom. Please again tell me I am not alone on this one!

10 likes, 250 replies

250 Replies

Next
  • Edited

No you're definitely not the only one with that. I get it in my upper chest on left side. I get it in the arm off to the shoulder on left side. I get it in the stomach and legs. It's random and can be felt anywhere.

• Edited

Thank you for the reply. Mine are mostly in my calves and ankles. I might have a random one in my thigh. Can you correlate them with any activity, foods, time in your cycle etc? I want to know what causes them and maybe I can minimize them.
    • Edited

Hi

I also have the shakes twisting in hands crazy right! ! Didn't know what was going on! I never know when it will come!! I'm so glad found this website. With all the different issues experiences.

Good luck

• Edited

no your not and although i havent had them recently i did have them for some time hope this helps 
    • Posted

Thank you sue! Mine went away for about a week. Now they are back.
    • Posted

Thank you sue! Mine went away for about a week. Now they are back.
    • Posted

im sorry to hear that I have been taking magnesium for about two months I also take turmeric and black pepper capsules again  for about two months. My manager recommended the turmeric as she has rheumatoid arthritis and swears by it (I started taking it as I have broken vertebrae resting on my nerve  I can't have surgery as I have a morbid fear of being put to sleep ) any way I am convinced both has helped 

• Edited

Thank you for your reply. Did you start taking the supplements because of the twitching or because of the nerve pain?
    • Edited

both 2chr I took the magnesium a few days before because of the jerking legs then the turmeric and black pepper because nothing appeared to calm my pain even nerve blockers although I still suffer the pain isn't as bad with the jerking that has appeared to stop only getting it rarely so for me it seems to work 

• Edited

Hi, there, muscle twitching and jerking can also be caused by too much or too little Vitamin B-12.  Hope this helps.
    • Edited

Thanks Lynda. I do take a B complex everyday. I'm not sure how much 12 is in it.

• Posted

Maybe you could try taking your B vitamin supplement every other day?  
    • Posted

You know what is strange is that I stopped my B a couple of days ago because my urine looked really dark when I gave a sample at the doctors office last week. I just wanted to watch it without the Bs in it. I wonder if that is what started them back up.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.