Muscle twitching and jerks

Edited , 46 users are following.

Hi. I have read a couple of places that other people experience this with peri. Just wondering if anyone has a clue as to what causes it. It was bad for about a week and then got better. Now it's back. Ugh. Such a worrisome symptom. Please again tell me I am not alone on this one!

8 likes, 227 replies

Report / Delete

227 Replies

Next
  • Edited

No you're definitely not the only one with that. I get it in my upper chest on left side. I get it in the arm off to the shoulder on left side. I get it in the stomach and legs. It's random and can be felt anywhere.

Report / Delete Reply
  • Edited

no your not and although i havent had them recently i did have them for some time hope this helps 
    Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

im sorry to hear that I have been taking magnesium for about two months I also take turmeric and black pepper capsules again  for about two months. My manager recommended the turmeric as she has rheumatoid arthritis and swears by it (I started taking it as I have broken vertebrae resting on my nerve  I can't have surgery as I have a morbid fear of being put to sleep ) any way I am convinced both has helped 

Report / Delete Reply
    • Edited

both 2chr I took the magnesium a few days before because of the jerking legs then the turmeric and black pepper because nothing appeared to calm my pain even nerve blockers although I still suffer the pain isn't as bad with the jerking that has appeared to stop only getting it rarely so for me it seems to work 

Report / Delete Reply
  • Edited

Hi, there, muscle twitching and jerking can also be caused by too much or too little Vitamin B-12.  Hope this helps.
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Maybe you could try taking your B vitamin supplement every other day?  
    Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

You know what is strange is that I stopped my B a couple of days ago because my urine looked really dark when I gave a sample at the doctors office last week. I just wanted to watch it without the Bs in it. I wonder if that is what started them back up.
      Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up