muscle twitching and jerks

Posted , 16 users are following.

pls tell me u ladies get this! i have had a good few days ( except still weird brain feeling that im off balamce)

but im back to being scared i have MS and my MRI was wrong. i get muscle twitiches and jerks. my vision is getting so blurry. most in right eye. i read ms symptoms and i have so many but they are also meno symptoms. i have heatlth anxiety bad.

please dont comment anything to panic me lol. i have appt again with neuro in a month to talk somemore

i would just love to know other women in meno feel same

4 likes, 36 replies

36 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Do you also get the warmth feeling in your muscles i forgot to mention that doc says its bursitis it comes and goes
  • Posted

Hi Kim,

I have one year with muscle twitching and jerks . Except it I have other symptoms like acid reflux and I'm trying everything, diet etc. Low acid levels causes low magnesium and vitamin B12 levels.

I take Magnesium Malate. All these is associated with with anxiety problems

I wonder for how long is this going to go. Anybody has the same experience?

• Posted

Were you having the muscle twitching before you started taking magnesium?
  • Posted

Hi.  Just wondering if anyone is still having the muscle jerks?  Mine are back and it’s scaring me!
    • Posted

Yes I had it badly last nyt just about to dose of then it happend right threw my stomach aswell & a horrible sentation right threw my body horrible very freaky thought I waz the only one what I have noticed is ringing in my left ear on and off and a pain at the side of my head wake up all stuffed up I've been on hrt for a week now, so I'm goin to see how it goes fingers crossed my doctor checkin my iron levels and to see if I'm diabetic as I say to him on Thursday I'm staggering 😐 this is definitely pulling me down see that a lot of woman are sayin hang in there ? Till when that's what I would love 2 know because my doc says It could last till in 65 😢 I'm 47 and feel like 97 I'm pre menapause for past three weeks I've been feeling sickish, I'm getting scared here 😢

• Posted

Colette please let me know if the hrt gives you some relief!  I hope you are feeling better.  ....and I pray this is all related to hormone changes!
    • Posted

Good morning Colette I hope all goes well I just wanted you to know that I read your post and majority of the things that you have mentioned I went through the clumsiness the ringing in the ear also as we go through menopause are allergies kick up really bad for some reason I pray that all goes well with you at the doctors and all your tests are negative it will pass this ugly thing we call menopause
  • Posted

Hello! I've been getting muscle twitches/spasms all over my body that are causing me to have severe anxiety. They started about three weeks ago. I feel them in my arms, shoulders, back, legs, feet and belly. I'm 48 and premenopausal. It seems like there is something new with me each week. I was in the hospital in December for blood clots in my leg and lungs that came out of nowhere and ever since my anxiety has been through the roof. I keep thinking I have all kinds of crazy diseases and I'm about to come unglued. I worry about my health a lot to begin with but I think I'm at my worst right now. Every time I Google something I get upset and see the most dreadful things come up. My doctor says I'm fine and I really want to be fine but Every time a muscle twinges I freak out.

• Posted

Hi janie do your best to try and relax I promise you I went through the same thing feeling dread and doom like something was wrong with me or something is going to happen many nights I stayed awake because I thought something was wrong with me it's just our hormones that make us do this you're going to be fine hang in there I know easier said than done it was awful for me as well but as time went on a lot of it subsided so hang in there I went through the belly flops twitching muscles flopping stomach crawly skin dry eyes which I still have it's horrible they get so dry they mess with my vision back aches aching hands aching feet elbows my wrist I've experienced all of the aches and pains shoulders it's horrible I even went to the doctor about my shoulder The Burning Sensations but he told me that during menopause Sometimes women develop bursitis and the joints and when it flares up can make you feel real bad so hang in there girl

• Posted

I am so glad I looked this up today! I am early 40s and have had a myriad of problems already in this perimenopause. My latest is crazy twitches everyday all day everywhere for the last few weeks. I just googled twitching and pre menopause because of course I went straight to the “I am dying.” phase since my anxiety is through the roof! I have terrible health related anxiety issues. Debating going on an AD to help get through and just feel normal again!! I’m sorry you’re going through this but I’m glad I found this thread and am not alone!
    • Posted

Thank you for your reply. I am so glad to know I'm not alone, too! I just hate that we are all having these wacky things going on in our bodies. My twitches started in February. I saw my doctor on Monday and she said it wasn't any cause for alarm and that maybe I need to drink more water. I drink tons of water and even tried magnesium supplements. When I asked her could it be perimenopause she looked as me as though I was nuts. My GP and my OB/GYN are close to my age and I don't understand why these doctors don't take perimenopause seriously! Thank you for responding to me! I wish you well!

• Posted

Thank you so much for your encouragement! It seems along with the twitching, each week (literally) there seems to be new, crazy symptoms! Now I get this strange sound in my left ear. It's not really a ringing, more like some strange hissing or something. I can't even describe it! I do have issues with bursitis in my right shoulder. Although it seems to calm down if I eliminate meat from my diet. And yes, I too have gotten the dry eyes and itchy, crawly skin. That seems to happen more at night when I try to go to sleep! Speaking of which, I barely get any sleep anymore. All of you ladies are a God-send! I am so grateful for this community! I just my doctors, who are female and around my age of 48 would consider any of these to be from perimenopause, but I still get the "oh your young, that doesn't start until around 51." I started getting all kinds of symptoms beginning around 36 and it never ends! Thank you again for your encouragement, Monique93857!

• Posted

I too have SO MANY weird new things happening it seems every other week. So frustrating and does not help my anxiety! My local health food store owners did give me a few items that seem to be helping with that and the hot flashes, night sweats and sleeplessness etc. I am only 42 cant believe this is all going on already!
  • Posted

I have this too and I am in surgical menopause. I believe it is caused by low estrogen.
  • Posted

Good morning Kim hang in there girl a lot of it is are hormones like my eyes I see you mention about yours I have dry eyes really bad since menopause it makes my vision blurry makes my eyes hurt and the drops are so expensive for it and try not to worry it's going to be okay hang in there God bless you Kim

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.