Muscle twitching in chest

Posted , 42 users are following.

Does anyone experience muscle twitching in the chest area? My left breast to be specific is constantly twiching and its so scary!! Its not painful but its annoying and distracting! I have to stop what i am doing everytime it twitches! It wont stop! I have twiches everywhere in my body, you name it i have it! Should i be worried???

3 likes, 67 replies

67 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Generally this can be quite normal, depending on age.

Talk to your GP it sounds like Anxiety so I would put your mind at rest with a chat at the Surgery

BOB

• Posted

I am 26, the doctors are telling me is from my anxiety and i was taking magnesium tablets daily for two months, i was feeling better but now that i have stoped taking them my twitches are worse than before
  • Posted

Hello sofiana How old are you ?.

Talk to your GP and make that appointment to put your mind at rest.!.

Let us know how you get on ?

• Posted

I had twitches everywhere, was one of my main symptoms - eyelids, cheeks, forehead, arms, legs, bum, and especially calves. It's a very common symptom of anxiety and I'd say your twitching is probably down to that.

• Posted

Its a terrible feeling! Sometimes it goes for several minutes at a time! And then i feel stiff and sore everywhere
  • Posted

Very normal for anxiety! I get random twitches all over my body. For like a week straight my left breast would twitch like toward my armpit area. I get twitches in my leg back everywhere lol. Try adding some more magnesium to your diet (they also sell magnesium drinks) which can help with muscle spasms
    • Posted

The scariest part is the breast one! It feels like a really strong heart beat, or like my heart is going to jump out of my chest! But i know its just twitching! I was taking magnesium supplements for 2 months, now that i dont take them i feel like my twiching got worse
    • Posted

Oh I totally get it! All your posts sound like me a few months ago. And it's funny because my back has been twitching all morning! Lol

Maybe try the magnesium again

• Posted

I think i will go back to taking the magnesium! Hope it all goes away soon!

Did you ever had the feeling of raindrops on your skin? I dont know how to describe it.. Its just a weird sensation

• Posted

Yeah try and let me know how it goes! Feel free to PM me anytime smile I've been through hell lol.

I'm not sure, I've had so many different sensations go on with me it's ridiculous haha

• Posted

Hi Michelle, I couldn't help but see how helpful you are with this topic. I am having a bad attack of muscle twitching right now. In my legs, stomach and chest. It feels like my heart is fluttering uncontrollably. My chest hurts as well as my left side rib area. I muscles are extremely weak and my calf muscles have been hurting for 3 or 4 days now. I wonder if you have experienced all of these symptoms as part of anxiety? I'm so frightened right now.

• Posted

just mean old anxiety messing with you! I've had all sorts of symptoms smile try to stay calm during these episodes and distract yourself. Magnesium helps a lotttt with my anxiety and muscle twitching etc

• Posted

Thank you Michelle. I'm going to try more magnesium for sure. Have you tried drinking tonic water? I hear that the quinine in it helps with muscles as well.

• Posted

Hi ladybug! I have had all of that!! I feel like I have cramps on my calf’s and upper legs sometimes. Has anything progressed in the last months? 
    • Posted

umm..hello! I get muscle twitches .. I do suffer from anxiety but then no other symptomz ..I wana ask that what if I drink magnesium too much? Will it cause magnesium efficiency in my body and then what will happen next?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.