Muscle twitching in chest

Posted , 42 users are following.

Does anyone experience muscle twitching in the chest area? My left breast to be specific is constantly twiching and its so scary!! Its not painful but its annoying and distracting! I have to stop what i am doing everytime it twitches! It wont stop! I have twiches everywhere in my body, you name it i have it! Should i be worried???

3 likes, 67 replies

67 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Go back to your GP and discuss this discomfort. I may just be anxiety although it is no good if the problem is getting worse

Make that appointment, good luck

Always around 

BOB

• Posted

I dont want to go to doctors all the time! I went to a cardiologist, a neurologist i had blood tests and went to the ER two times in the past 2 months! Everyone says i am fine! I dont know!
    • Posted

Hi there! I know this is an old post but I just ran across it. I have EXACTLY the same symptoms you did. I, too, visited ER and was told by a cardiologist I was fine! I'm wondering how you are doing now and what helped you. Thank you! Dan

• Posted

No. I had twitches a lot at a certain time in my life. Coincided with anxiety and being run down.

I'm sure meds can be a factor too.

Phil

• Posted

I dont take any meds, today my chest muscles are twiching like crazy and i am having shortness of breath! When will this stop?????? 😫

• Posted

I know it's difficult, but even if it's just for one hour today, try not to focus on the twitching. I know that is difficult, but it's not about ignoring it or pretending it's not happening.You're accepting that it's happening. Focus your attention on something else, whether it be reading, doing chores, whatever. Your mind will inevitably wander back to the twitching, this is normal, but when it does just gently and with self-compassion bring your attention back to whatever you are doing.  So don't be annoyed with yourself for your mind going back to your twitching, just notice it, and refocus. See if that will give you some respite now and again. Just try it for a few minutes here and there. The more you practise it, the easier it will become. When you do this, don't expect the twitching to stop, just accept it but focus on something else. I think you're in a vicious circle at the moment, you have anxiety so you twitch, and your twitching adds to your anxiety.   

You could also consider exercise to relax and tire the muscles or progressive muscle relaxation. 

• Posted

Thank you for your advise! I will try to relax and continue on with my day! I will practise! smile

• Posted

Hi Sofia, do you also get chest pain and does your left chest feels sore also? I have the same exact thing. Twitching along with left arm pain. Went to the E.R on multiple ocasions. I`m in Boston so I went to Mass General Hospital, had EKG tests done and docs said it was muscleskeletal do to anxiety/depression. I am also a hypochondriac and have fear of diseases. I am 29 yo male and would love to one day feel normal again. 
    • Posted

I feel your pain I have constant left chest pain and muscle twitching and I take ibprufen for the pain but it just doesn't seem to work and the docs tell me it's anxiety and what not what did they tell you to do to get rid of the pain

• Posted

Thanks for the advice! I just started following this thread as I just started having these muscle spasm/ vibrations that are painless but up my anxiety even more. Being mildly hypochondriac doesn’t help. Great advice as it’s completely painless when it happens , so I’ll see how it goes but will consult my physician as well. 
    • Posted

Hi Thiago I have left arm pain as well. It feels like it’s my nerves and it goes all the way down to my finger tips. And my arm will hurt for the whole night sometimes.  Has your condition gotten better? Or gone away?
    • Posted

Thankyou for advice I would do that.. even when I did It gave me relief .. but what if u dont get anxiety but still get nuscle twitches even when anxiety has stopped nd u get no other symptoms other than this F*****G TWITCHING AND EAR PAIN(ONLY ONCE IN A WHILE)

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.