Muscle twitching in chest

Posted , 42 users are following.

Does anyone experience muscle twitching in the chest area? My left breast to be specific is constantly twiching and its so scary!! Its not painful but its annoying and distracting! I have to stop what i am doing everytime it twitches! It wont stop! I have twiches everywhere in my body, you name it i have it! Should i be worried???

3 likes, 67 replies

67 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

I have had twitching in my chest for the past couple of days. I have no idea what it is our could be. How did your situation turn out?
  • Posted

Thank you so much for posting this. I just had this happen to me at a really intense level. I've had little spasms around my upper left chest before, but this most recent one scared the crap out of me. My anxiety tends to latch on to anything that's weird (like spasms from anxiety) and then amplify it to the point where I'm afraid I'm about to kick the bucket. Anxiety + anxiety = anxiety lol *phew*

• Posted

Yeah, yesterday was ok for me but I'm twitching in my left chest area again this evening. It's strange because I can be fine going about my business and then it just starts. That's why I wonder if it's something more than anxiety. I know anxiety is horrific and ugly and can creep up on you but I always think I'm dying. I feel crazy sometimes but know that I'm not.

• Posted

I feel the same! Like I’m dying. It’s a defense mechanism. I’m no expert, but that’s what I’ve heard. I get real bad anxiety. I’ll be sitting down and eating and just feel a twitch and I get scared and that’s when the anxiety kicks in high gear! It’s my left breast where I feel it. I get mistaken thinking it’s my heart. Freaks me out. 
    • Posted

that sounds exactly like me a suffer with really bad anxiety and get like a spasm vibration in left boob which makes me jump and panic makes my anxiety worse you feel as though something is really wrong with you

• Posted

So I just had to make an account to say this. I've been struggling with this for probably the past 2 1/2 months, and I was seriously starting to think that it was becoming life-threatening. I have been experiencing pain in my left arm and near my ribs on the left side of my chest followed with some twitching. These attacks happen randomly thoughout the day and last upwards of 30 minutes. My initial thought was that I have heart problems, but I'm only 21 years old. I also have bad anxiety issues, so reading this really set my mind at ease. I have to admit, I started to cry because I was so relieved I wasn't the only one going through this scary condition. I'm still going to go to the doctor to get it checked out regardless, because it could very well be a heart issue. I'm also a smoker and a soldier in the U.S Army, so I'm always under stress; I can't rule it out just yet. I just wanted to say thank you for posting this, and thank you to everybody who replied. I will sleep easy for tonight.

• Posted

I hope everything is ok with you, since returning from Vietnam, USMC machine gunner, I have had atrial fibrillation and muscle twitching. I'm 70 years old now and still hanging in there. I developed all of this at 22 years of age. If your not getting chest pain I'm sure you'll be ok but check with your military Dr to be safe. Thank you for your service.

• Posted

I was diagnosed with a fib a couple months ago and thought it was a death sentence. I found out that unfortunately it was drug induced and thankfully since I’ve quit the drugs I’ve yet to have another episode without using any meds. But I do wanna know, seeing you’ve lived a long life have you had any complications? Stroke, heart attack, anything? Since finding out my anxiety has been through the roof! I think I’m gonna have a heart attack or cardiac arrest, or even a stroke every day. I even worry about blood clots. What all meds have you been on?
    • Posted

Hi Brandon, I've been on sotalol for the past 13 years and coumadin blood thinner for 13, last year I asked my Dr to put me on Eliquis blood thinner and it working fine. I have not had any heart attacks or strokes, knock on wood. But in the beginning when the Afibs started it was quite unnerving being I was so young at the time and a lot of different medications were tried to control it including quinidine sulphate which I was on for the longest time. Just see your cardiologist regularly and take the medication he prescribes. I lived a very normal and active life when I was young and retired from the fire department. Occasionally I would start to get an Afib episode and I would cough very hard and that you get it straightened out into normal rhythm. I'm sure you'll be fine, dont let it control your mind. Good luck.

• Posted

Today I experienced a weird twiche on my right upper chest and underneath my right boob. I'm seriously considering going to the ER because I don't know what's happening with me 

• Posted

Hi there i have been experiencing this twitching in my right chest area for the past couple of days, particularly bad in the morning, but eases off a bit when I get to work, but today being Saturday and I'm not at work it's playing up big time, I'm trying to convince myself that's it's anxiety, but my mind is defo making me think the worst.

• Posted

Ive been having this twitching on my left rib under my boob for 4 days now..i suffer from anxiety disorder and this is making it worse. This has never been one of my anxiety symptoms and im starting to panic thinking something is wrong with me. What else could be happening if its not my anxiety?
  • Posted

I have  the same issue going on over the past month. Mine is in the left breast it is more like a vibration than a twitch.  It is actually driving me a bit crazy I also already have palpitations missed a beat and in the very aware of my heart so this has just added to the high level of stress
  • Posted

I have been having muscle twitches under my left breast this morning and it scared the crap out of me. I’m walking around thinking what if it was my heart beating irregularly or something but the way it felt it definitely felt like twitching. It’s just super weird and scary how I can feel them right under my left breast and also in my neck or head or whatever so it makes me feel like it’s a heart problem. I have anxiety, take 20mg of Paxil and it’s helped immensely. It did make me gain weight however and now I’m even more scared that I have heart problems or am going to have a heart attack. I’ve been getting random dizzy spells lately while lying on the couch which makes my anxiety spike. I actually have been having problems with my menstrual cycles, having uncontrollable nonstop bleeding so I think it may be low iron, low magnesium and low vitamin D causing all of these symptoms and the spike in my anxiety and physical twitches lately. I am going to start taking vitamins and see how I feel. Glad to know I’m not the only one who feels like I’m dying sometimes haha. 
    • Posted

I have had the same problem for about 4 months now. At first I would get the spasms and it would trigger nausea. I have been in and out of the ER and Everytime I'm told I'm fine. Once they told me I have gastritis but I'm aware that isn't the explanation for my twitching. I have recently began having many dizzy spells during work which is what worries me especially. I have changed my diet but still am overcome with the random twitching in my chest, arms, neck, upper back. I'm almost convinced it is anxiety but the other part of me wants to think something is wrong with me. I'm in the process of getting checked out by a physician but it's really gotten in the way of my everyday activities. Update me on your status please.

• Posted

IDK if it's the same in your case but I also feel strong pulsing in my head and throughout my body when I'm at a standstill or when I lay down.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.