Muscle twitching in chest

Posted , 42 users are following.

Does anyone experience muscle twitching in the chest area? My left breast to be specific is constantly twiching and its so scary!! Its not painful but its annoying and distracting! I have to stop what i am doing everytime it twitches! It wont stop! I have twiches everywhere in my body, you name it i have it! Should i be worried???

3 likes, 67 replies

67 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Im having muscle twiches too in my upper chest near my colar bone. Its scary and ive have had anxiety
  • Posted

I have anxiety and since last night I’ve had like a tightening  fist feeling between my breast bone and if I touch it is very tender.  I had a EKG two weeks ago and it was normal. I also have the tendency to overreact, my husband and I have been under a lot of stress. So that might be causing it. 
  • Posted

I've been having these weird chest muscle spams the past few days, along with upper abdominal pain and left chest pain and also the left side of the rib cage in pain too, and even some pain the the left side of my back in that general area as well.... so i went to the ER last night because to spasm'd so much that i thought my heart was going crazy, and of course my heart rate was up at 140 after the spasms but its probably due to me panicking about thinking it was my heart. The ER couldn't find anything, all they did was give me a GI cocktail with some pepcid and Ativan too to calm my stomach and spasms down, but here I am today having the spasms again, so i don't know what the hell to do, i want them to go away cause it triggers a lot of anxiety for me. The ER did not even take my blood or anything, they just gave me those meds... I suspected low magnesium but it is hard to say when they don't check your blood for it..... Sending good vibes to y'all with this problem, hopefully we can all resolve it.

• Posted

Forgot to add they did give me an EKG and it came back normal. Blood pressure was a little high when i was in there 140/80 i believe. And heart rate of 140 bpm. But the ER didn't seem too concerned however i know there is still an underlying factor causing these spasms and pains.

• Posted

i have the occasional vibration like a cell phone in my left pec and twitching in different parts of my body similar to the other posts here. no pain it's just annoying. what worked to help relieve the twitching for me was laying off of caffeine, getting more sleep, magnesium supplements and occasional Pedialite and just giving the pec muscle a rest/not lifting heavy objects

i am pretty sure this is a sleep caffeine thing for me because the twitches happen more often when I am extremely tired or have been hitting the coffee too much. i am 99% sure the pec spasms are muscle related because when i flex it it spasms and when i rest it it's fine

• Posted

how are you now? has this stopped? it's happening to me and it's freaking me out because it's right by my heart ??

• Posted

I can't speak for everyone else but, after about a month I am no longer having the chest spasms I used to have all the time in my left chest. My guess is low potassium. Can cause pretty much every terrifying symptom listed in this thread.

https://www.webmd.boots.com/a-to-z-guides/low-potassium-hypokalaemia

I ate a banana each morning and took some magnesium, cut back on caffeine and other diuretics and got more sleep. Had the spasms in my chest for ~6 months and now they are gone. Occasionally still have minor twitch in random areas but much less considerably.

Hope this helps someone

• Posted

thank you so much for your reply! I'm definitely going to try this! I'm glad you're doing well 

• Posted

I'm new here and I just want to find out from you,I have the same symptoms as you,I do suffer from anxiety.I get this twicthing/spam behind my left breast,It happens alot when I awake up in the morning and when I try to relax, weird.What I want to ask,did you ever find out what was causing it.

• Posted

Hey I started having the same twitching too. Did you find anything that helped you? I already take magnesium supplements every day.

• Posted

I get them on the left side of my chest also. It's very worrying. I do suffer from some anxiety so maybe it's that... It's not directly over my heart so I'm going to assume/hope it's not that serious. But I'm going to go see the doc as soon as my health insurance kicks in.

• Posted

hi a bit late to the party but stumbled across this post after googling symptoms I'm having which of course is severe muscle twitching it has been going on all day it is causing me massive amounts of worry the twitching is in my left breast and under left arm its causing me to have a fast heart rate when I'm experiencing them because iam panicking thinking it has something to do with my heart I have pretty severe cardiophobia all test do not signify anything worrying to doctors and cardiologist however these twitches have now started and now I'm petrified I'm also experiencing a tight chest I'm just wondering how you are now do you still suffer from these twitches??

• Posted

my muscle twitching was more in the neck and happy to report it is much better. I started drinking mineral water - that helped me.

• Posted

1. Yes.. i went through this last month! i was terrified!!! it only happened when i was laying down, or thats when id notice it.. it did subside.. currently, having twitching on my legs.. ive been under tremendous amounts of stress and anxiety lately.. and ive even lost about 7lbs already.. huggs. you're probably fine!! it will pass.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.