Muscle twitching/popping

Posted , 17 users are following.

Hi Friends:

Question for those of you who have had neuro symptoms...I have had this weird muscle twitching/popping sensation moving through my body. It almost feels like popcorn popping in my muscles, in my feet it’s more subtle but I feel it. Has anyone else experienced a similar sensation?

I’m 5 months in with reactivated EBV.

1 like, 31 replies

31 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hey,

I'm almost 7 months in and I constantly experience muscle twitching. I'm being referred to a neurologist just to be sure.

• Posted

I saw neuro over the summer and had brain and spine MRIs and also nerve conduction test. All were normal. It's great you are partnering with neuro to be sure. It is such a crazy feeling and freaks me out that something has been missed. Keep us posted!

• Posted

Thanks! I will. I assume/hope it'll be BFS, like Maxim said.

• Posted

Hey KCF

Had the exact same thing. You should look up BFS. Benigne Fasculation Syndrome.

It is a very common thing after a heavy viral infection. Nothing to worry about, take it from someone who was tested for ALS because of mono...

Most underestimated virus imo.

• Posted

Thank you for that suggestion, I will look into it. Completely agree how underestimated EBV is.....today the twitching/popping seem to have calmed however the top of my head is burning. Sigh.

• Posted

Just don't worry about this.

I'm almost a year in this nightmare and the twitching went away after a while.

Now i'm just dizzy every day.

oh and the fatigue...that horrible fatigue.

Hope this will end one day, because it just takes control over everything

• Posted

Do you both also experience an increase in eye floaters and/or blurry vision in one or both eyes? Not sure if it's connected to the muscle twitching, but it also seems like a neurological symptom.

• Posted

Yep

Had them since month 5..

Never had migraines but had one then and i went blind in one eye for about 15minutes. That's why they thought i had something more sinister but luckily it was just because of the migraine.

And after that i got a lot of eye floaters.

Nothing really helps to get rid of them, one day is better than the other.

What really bothers me right now is fatigue. But the dizzy spells are the most annoying part. Its like i'm half drunk most of the time.

Sorry if my english is bad, i'm from Belgium.

• Posted

Hmm.. that doesn't sound nice. How many months are you feeling sick at the moment? I hope you'll feel better soon!

Haha no problem, I'm from the Netherlands 😉.

• Posted

Got really sick the 1st of januari 2018.

Couldn't breathe properly because of how swollen my throat was lol..

Went to the docter who immediately tested my blood and the same evening called me with the results saying i tested positive for mono (pfeiffer).

Got better after a month or so, even went back to work. But at around the 3 month mark, things went south pretty fast.

Twitching was the first weird symptom and all the rest followed. Many of the symptoms i had are the same most of the people on this forum had.

Fatigue, fever, muscle soreness, big lymph nodes, dizziness, lots of nightmares, panic attacks (had one major one during a Champions League match of my favorite Club and they had to take me to ER)

Eye floaters

Brain fog

It just gets to the point where you think you're going insane.

Oh forget to mention my foot went numb for 2 months, so people who think it affects the nerves...Bingo.

Sorry for the long post, but maybe this helps. Month 12 started now and nothing has really changed for me. Hope this s** doesn't last forever or turns chronic.

Feel free to pm me if you want!

(Mag uiteraard in het nederlands)

• Posted

EDIT: 1st of januari 2019 ofc *

• Posted

I have floaters too, and had the blurry vision in both eyes. It would flare up, then go, then come back. That seems to have eased now, but my floaters are still there - I'm not sure they go away.

• Posted

Thanks Maxim. I appreciate hearing it went away for you. Gives me hope of the same.

• Posted

Hi Sadj: I have slightly blurry vision on occasion and eye floaters daily but I would say they are minimal.

• Posted

I have experienced the blurred vision since I was diagnosed with EBV. I was wandering if anyone else experienced the same!

• Posted

In one eye or both eyes? And also floaters?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.