My 2nd Op

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi

Had my 2nd op on the 16th Jan they stitchede me up again after they promised they would leave it open!

I first had the op on the 28th Aug when I discovered our little hole friends! I went under GA and had the sinus and gunk removed about 4 weeks later that awful smell was back and a dis charge in my boxers on a daily basis. Went back to the doctors they had me on anti biotics for nearly 4 months trying to clear it GUESS WHAT! It never worked so the doc put me for another op.

Woke up from this one in a bit of pain and was told they stitched it up becuase it was so deep!? I am now being extremeley careful not to get infection and as the stitches are so tight I have to be so careful not to split them no driving, exercise etc etc off work for 4 weeks its an exspensive problem to have!!

I just hope it works this time as I have read people have had it done 4/5 times!~

0 likes, 18 replies

18 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Are you going private or on the nhs? cause there is normally hell of a wait for an mri scan! are they gonna operate before the scan or wait untill you've had it. You'll be pleased to know mine is starting to feel much better but i still have open wounds which need dressing every day by a district nurse once they have healed i can go back to work. Ive been off for 8 months now !!!!! they found my fistulas in late October. I hope they get you sorted real soon. smile
  • Posted

mri scan came through for end of march then I will have op!
  • Posted

wow, that was quick, i had to wait for months, i considered going private but its not cheap, if they do find a fistula there is a really good forum with loads of info about different surgeries etc www.ibsgroup.org & search forums for fistula friends. Do you know what op they are gonna do?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.