my abcess nightmare

Posted , 3 users are following.

My experience started with a bit of a yukky taste in my mouth, which seemed to be coming from my front tooth, a couple of months ago. Since then, it was painful to bite, gradually getting worse, until I now have a fully fledged abcess.

I am on two lots of anti biotics, and yesterday had an emergency appointment with my dentist. She injected me to numb the tooth, and started drilling!! I could feel everything!! She gave me another injection and sent me out to the waiting room for the numbness to work.

Five minutes later, all my front teeth were numb, apart from the one that should be!!! By the time I sat in the chair again, I was crying, as I am petrified of the dentist, and knew what was coming, she rather abruptly told me to stop it as they had made the effort to fit me in!!! well, forgive me for being in agony!! She started drilling again, hit the nerve and I jumped a foot in the air, she stormed out of the room, saying that it was a very dangerous thing for me to do, I could have injured myself and her, and that she couldn't treat me any more. With that, she packed the tooth with a temporary dressing, and sent me on my way with yet more anti biotics.

Yeah, thanks for that, I'm still in agony, and dont know how long the temporary dressing will last.

0 likes, 16 replies

16 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Sarah

Your abscess really shouldn't come back now that the area has been thoroughly cleansed. I'll keep my fingers firmly crossed for you! As well as good oral hygiene it's really important to have a good nutritional diet - I'm sure a lot of my abscess problems were due lack of good food (I was nursing at the time and the hospital food was just awful!)

Good luck and let us know how you get on.

Katie xsmile smile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.