MY ACID REFLUX IS DESTROYING MY HEART! HELP ME PLEASE

Posted , 25 users are following.

hi, im 28 yrs old 6ft tall and about 300LBS. For the last 2 years I have suffered day and night due to persistent acid reflux that affects increases my heart rate. It seems likei have not had a single normal heart beat since my ordeal began. the trouble started after I was diagnosed with hpylori which I took medicine for. I did an endoscopy later after the fast heart rate and severe reflux persisted and it showed pretty bad inflammation (moderate to severe) in my upper oesophagus. its so bad that I belch acid. sometimes I wake up with a mouth full of acid. I don't sleep lying down nor do I eat late at night but my heart still pounds all night long and all day long. i cannot even walk after iv had a bite to eat because any food in my stomach seems to spike my heart rate so much that i have to sit down after a few steps. even when i haven't eaten anything my heart rate still spikes up when i walk for even a few minutes. the veins on the the side of my neck tense up and i can feel and hear my heart just pounding out of my chest. Iv had ekgs ct scans mri's done and everyone says im fine and to get the acid under control but it isn't improving. its getting worse. a few months ago i experienced ventricular tachycardia when i was running in the gym. after 2 days observation the doctors released me saying i was fine. My heart pounds so hard and so fast that it wakes me up at night. it literally shakes my body when its at its worst. Im always belching acid. im so desperate at this intrusion in my life that for the first time i even thought of ending my life. its just unbearable. iv started loosing weight to get healthy but also because i cant eat much due to this problem. I had two boiled eggs for dinner last night and i could barely sleep due to the acid. when im walking i feel the acid coming up my oesophagus burning my chest and spiking my heart. im desperate for some help. anything. Im a student and its really hard to concentrate when all you can hear is blood in your ears. I got put on metropolol for the heart rate but it doesn't seem to help. Iv been on nexium, Carafate, zantac, sucralfate, pepsid etc nothing is helping me. I just don't know where else to turn. Iv already been to the ER 3 times this year due to my heart issues resulting from this. my bp was pretty normal but for some reason this pounding makes it spike up, gives me headaches etc. i cant exercise which i used to do a lot because any exertion is just brutal to my heart rate and the acid burns so much

3 likes, 39 replies

39 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hey how are you doing with health issues.  I picked the same thing in 2013 & finally found how to manage by adding HCI (stomach acid), & that the PPIs we’re making it worse.

• Posted

Wow! Thank you for sharing. Issues hit in such a way physicians had no answer. My top one was difficulty breathing (SoB), which freaked me out & docs determined early it wasn’t heart or asthma. SoB lasted for 2 years.  During this period I had terrible body odor, breath smelled like chemicals, brain fog & developed mild balance issues (mineral deficiency). After 40 years of perfect health, it seemed my body was self destructing. If your wondering I manged to not miss tons of work & kept this away from my employer (hardest thing of my life was to go to work & pray I would NOT either leave in ambulance or die there). Everything came to a head when nighttime GERD caused aspiration of stomach acid into my lungs. I didn’t know what it was at the time but I woke up in the middle of the night at max heart rate & it felt like fire with every breath.  Another ambulance ride, I think done for finally for & I’m met by confused ER docs.  From there I had severe asthma for 3-4 months plus laryngeal spasms (i.e. you can breath out but can’t breath in)... & boy does that cause your heart to race (suffocatfling feeling created by your own body - tip is learn to breath out in order to breath in). When I finally tried a wholistic doc, I was on very high PPI doses that required a waiver & prescription to get pharmacy to fill (pharmacist would drop hints like dude this could hurt you long term). Wholistic doctor understood all of the symptoms (said they all pointed to GI... & told me your gut is 2nd brain - it’s off & so is your mind & body).  I still have issues I fight with. Root cause I believe is mold, because last year I found a cracked sewer pipe in my house ($20k so far in repairs plus mold work).  I’m seeing a functional medicine guy I found on YouTube.  Right now GIs tests show lots of things way way out of range.  I’ll update with progress. Please reach out if I can help you in anyway & thank you for apnea advice (have had that on my list of things).

• Posted

Hi Phil

I had the SoB too, not as bad though. The "not knowing" creates a lot more anxiety, especially when you're not sure if it's the heart. I've been told to start yoga via youtube, that might be one to put on your list Phil, to help with the breathing.  The mould could have effected you too, so good to get that one out of the way. I'm a lot better than I was, I read up on gerd, vegas nerve, anything to do with gut and reflux and overwhelmed myself with info, so stopped looking for answers for awhile.  Are you still too tired to exercise, you could try short walks at first.

Thanks Phil, will let you know how it goes.

• Posted

how are you doing Njeridiva.?  I know probiotics help but everyone is different, we all have our own little wars going on in our gut depending on the type of good bacteria and  bad bacteria we are harvesting.  What we feed them is important.  Scientists have decided that we should have individual testing for gut bacteria so our probiotics can be tailor made, sounds good to me.
  • Posted

Hello everyone. I know I'm new here and i would like to ask about this symptoms. because the one posted looks like what im dealing atm.

Burping a lot

PVC/Palpitations

Waking up with weird taste and dry mouth

Reflux

Shortness of Breath

and above all the Anxiety due to all those symptoms.

they are all connected right? where should i start to the Gastro or Cardio? i have a feeling that it is because of the stomach. I have this problem for 3 months now, been to ER 3 times. EKG done, HeartEcho all okay, all they gave is Prevacid, Beta Blockers for the benign PVC and Cough/Cold medicine. No Improvents. the weird thing is that every time my heart skips a beat a huge burp follows. it annoying and destroying my life.

• Posted

You need to tell your Dr. that the constant acid reflux is not only disturbing your sleep, but you're experiencing it far too often. If the meds are not working, suggest an ENDOSCOPY

or better known as "Gastroscopy". You need to get to the bottom of the problem for sure.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.