My anxiety/depression has finally gotten the better of me

Posted , 8 users are following.

I'm finally at breaking point.. It's gotten so bad that I've been left bed ridden, I have headaches and pressure in my eyes and face that the pain is unbearable, my eyes are so and puffy, I have a horrible cough horrible sore dry throat horrible ear pain and neck pain horrible chest pain I'm weak and tired haven't slept in 3 days my body aches I feel sick I'm constantly in pain I've been to the docs and it's all my anxiety that's causing this! ANXIETY IS A C*** I hate it so so much I've been started on meds so hopefully that will help, I just don't know how much longer I can cope with this pain

1 like, 31 replies

31 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hey rachel, could it be a sinus infection with the pressure around your face?

I have chronic sinustius and just started meds but before my whole face had so much pressure, pressure in my cheeks, eyes and forehead. Not sure about the other symptoms but i couldn't do anything when it got really bad, just had to shut my eyes all the time because the pressure was dreadful.

I started taking sudofed which helps but as soon as i stop it comes back so have to go to the doctors when i can manage it to be able to get tablets to make it go away x

Sorry you're feeling bad though, anxiety is dreadful xx sad

• Posted

Can your meds make your tummy feel really sick and even get sick??
    • Posted

Are the tablets for your anxiety? I am not taking any yet but i know until your body gets used to it you can feel sick and sometimes be sick aswell.

Wish you the best Rach, dont let this beat you xx

• Posted

Yeah they are😞 I took my first one today and I just vomited there felt so sick😞 and that worried me a bit😞 x
    • Posted

Yeah thats normal don't worry, i started taking some for an infection and was sick a few hours after and had crazy stomach pains for a few days until i got used to them x

• Posted

Yeah there only 50 g dose aswell so hopefully this won't last too long x
    • Posted

Should be proud you got them, i still can't bring myself to go to the doctors without having an anxiety attack sad 

Is this your first time on medication? x

• Posted

I hope you start to feel better and hopefully i can do the same soon! x
  • Posted

I have a good idea of how you feel, I was diagnosed with severe depression and anxiety earlier this year and was completely incapacitated for a couple of weeks at one point. I would wake up in the morning with such a low mood and spend all day in bed worring about everything  and crying from time to time.

I was also diagnosed with COPD which felf like another nail in the coffin!

I was given a course of CBT on the NHS for depression which did help, although I found it more helpful just to have someone to talk to rather than the actual techniques used in CBT. 

Im currently on Setraliene 50mgs too and have been so for 7 days. Was on prozac 20mg for 3months before that which did not help and Mitazapien 60mg for 3 months which just made me want to sleep all day!

I dont have especialy high hopes for Setroliene as it is meant to be very similar to Prozac but hope im proved wrong.

I believe there cis a lot of trial and error with anti depressants but hopefuly I will find something which works for me.

This may sound like a ridiculous suggestion, especialy as you are currently feeling physicaly unwell too, but I found excercise to be an amazing help for my depression and helped a bit with anxiety too but not as much.

Please let me know how you get on with your meds and dont give up hope, sometimes things have to get worse to get better! Im by no means a happy, care free person but im learning to cope and Im sure you will too. Are you in us or uk? 

• Posted

P.S.....

The longer I spent lying in bed the worse I felt physicaly, my legs, neck and back started to really ache and I was getting headaches too.  

• Posted

Yeah I had a panick attack just there litterally feel like I'm dieing! I'm in ireland

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.