My Assessment Report arrived today

Posted , 9 users are following.

It's only me,

this big brown envelope arrived this morning, my hubby had to open it as I'm just not able to open any mail at all due to anxiety of what it might contain, it was a copy of my assessment report.  He had a quick look at it and thought it seemed pretty accurate, then handed it to me.  

I must admit if the DWP go on what the doctor ticked, then it looks as if I should qualify for roughly the same as I was getting on DLA. She (the doctor) also wrote that a review is not recommended as my conditions are long standing and my functional restrictions are unlikely to improve significantly in the long term.

I'm not holding my breath as maybe the DWP won't take her word for it.

0 likes, 33 replies

33 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Well it's been 9 weeks n still I haven't heard anything from the dwp about my pip...but I do still get it each month still as I one my appeal in January 2016...but only got it it until December 2016...but I didn't know then that I have had 2 strokes and had my main artery in my neck operated on to stop me having another stroke...so we shall see...I hate waiting but what can I do...but good look sakes x

• Posted

PIP is not a benefit that is founded on a condition or a diagnosis. It's principle aim is to provide financial support for the extra costs that you incur directly due to a disability.

The DWP have two things to consider - what are the limitations/difficulties that you have that are caused by a disability and secondly what costs do you incur because of those limitations/difficulties.

As an example I have suffered from, amongst the many other things, erictile dysfunction since 2004. This has caused difficulties in my relationship as well as anxiety and depression for me.

Now you could say that that is a prime example for which DLA/PIP is set up for.

However, no, I have medication supplied by my GP that counters the physical defect which in turn has countered the emotional side. Clearly also there are no extra costs involved.Put simply medication has solved the issue to a greater extent.

So, that particular problem has never been disclosed to the DWP as it is not something that would affect a DLA/PIP claim. 

• Posted

I do know this les...I have severe depression n anxiety too...as well as having 2 major strokes n my main artery operated on...my right leg is totally numb...I will never get that back which I've been told by the rehabilitation hospital.....

• Posted

Sorry part 2 - I had Peripheral Arterial Disease in 2012 in my right leg. I was admitted into hospital as the leg was white and cold to touch. They could find no pulse in that leg.

The pain was awful and had been for days.

I was operated on and they went into the Femoral Artery at the groin and used a wire/basket to clear out the artery right down to my ankle.

It seemed that I had blood clots in the groin, behind the knee and behind the ankle.

Since then it has been as good as new and having given up smoking and now taking blood thinning medication along with Statins, I have been told that the leg is as good as it was when I was born 68 years ago.

None of that is relevant to DLA/PIP - there are no disabilities or difficuties (as long as I take the medication) and there are no extra costs - so once again that has never been reported to the DWP for my old DLA claim

• Posted

I take 2 blood thinning agents too...n statin but I will never get the feeling back in my right leg or arm....I am numb totally....my main artery the left hand in my neck is totally blocked....but my other one was 70% blocked....had a mri scan on my brain in December n had a tia. ...the left had side of my brain has gone....I have a fine arts degree but I have lost the ability to draw or paint no more...also I dribble a bit too...I am waiting to see a speech therapists at rehabilitation hospital
  • Posted

morning Sukes.

just caught up with post about award.

you finally got there. well done. try your best not worry to much about if dwp change their mind. can't see that happening now to be honest.

glad you got what you wanted. remember. stay cool dudes and chillax! all the best.

• Posted

What I don't understand is everyone says PIP is separate from ESA but you lose money from your ESA if not getting PIP.... A load of crap if you ask me!

• Posted

I'll try to stay cool Ivan cool  but everytime a text comes in I jump a mile. lol

just keep thinking that if they were going to take the assessor's word for it, then they would be letting me know fairly quickly, but the longer it goes on............. who knows.

• Posted

erm.. who says you lose money from your esa if not getting pip. it's my understanding esa is fixed rate independent of pip. if you get both how can you lose. apart from hb and council tax rebates. which pip would I imagine make up for it. if not, what's point in claiming for it?.

• Posted

bloody hell Sukes.

don't let them sods know you jump a mile. you'll lose everything. ?? all for nowt.

as they say 'ooop north'.

• Posted

If you are in receipt of any amount of Income Based ESA and your personal circumstances fit, you can lose money (premiums) if you lose PIP or DLA 

So for some the loss of one benefit can and does affect how much you get for ESA.

The same goes for other benefits - the loss of DLA/PIP if claiming Pension Credit for example, could well see the loss of that extra money from a Guaranteed Pension Credit award plus the loss of Council Tax Benefit as well as support for mortgage interest/housing benefit.

It's very much like stacking dominoes on end - push the front one down and the rest start to fall one after the other.

• Posted

thanks for that Les. i didn't know that . my post few mins ago was reply to someone who posted me(mistake I think). so I answered only what I thought I knew. obviously wrong.

strange quirk of fate though it's your answer stopped me doing something else. thanks again Les, appreciated. ivan.

• Posted

Someone who works as a benefit advisor told me if I fail to receive PIP il lose money off my ESA disability premium
    • Posted

you are only entitled to the severe disability premium on esa if are in receipt of the care componant of pip/dla so if you lose your dla/pip then you will lose the severe disability premium of esa too.

£61.85 per week.

x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.