My BG cyst burst and there was a lot of blood!

Posted , 16 users are following.

Usually - I get one - it's a hard lump and doesnt really hurt so bad and after soaking in baths it will burst - before it had clear pus mixed with it - this time - straight blood. This happened last night. Just wondering if this means anything serious. I'm 47. My Gyn tells me that some women are just prone and if theyre bursting on their own its nothing to worry about. I'm not so sure though. Seems like there's always a lump there ? I've gotten used to it though. Any advice ?Thank you!

1 like, 21 replies

21 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

ok my burst last night ladies,

originaly it first showed up .. maybe last winter and its september 28th 2018 now,

I did not know what to do with it then so i just let it be .. md was no help.

Recently about 8 days ago.. i felt pain as if i am getting a period.

it got inflamed.. 

i used sitz bath one day,

another day put mix of witch hazel with calamine lotion and tea tree oil and ground turmeric all day and night, 

and after that only Smile's Prid homeopathis drawin salve 5$ WALMART ( black cream , crna mast ) all bought at walmart.. 

massaged the tubes that lead to the cyst.. which is along your leg.. on your stomack side. and massaged the cyst itself while with Prid cream,

while massaging last nigh,

i felt pointed pressure on the cyst.. 

this is over my underware in laying down position on the side.. 

it burst. and i made it dran. 

• Posted

What drained out? Was it more blood and how are you doing now? Ive had several of these and normally they just go down with compresses and soaks but this last one has been the most painful and i finally got it to rupture and it scared me because only blood came out. It relieved the pain but its filled back up some. Hot compresses help and I'm getting a little blood drops each time i do one but its just not budging this time. I'm worried about the blood and wondering what others who had only blood drain were diagnosed as. I'm over 40 and read online that doctors will check for cancer because of age. It concerns me even though it says it's rare.

• Posted

hi there. i have had these little b******s for 8 yrs. it kept coming back Everytime i had it lanced. i had just gotten surgery of my bartholin's gland (right side). October 16th 2019. iam doing everything my doctor says to do. ice, sitz bathes. and resting. but im still bleeding alot. is this normal?

• Posted

What did you have done Carrie? An excision of cyst or gland removal? I've had an excision (unsuccessful) Which bled a lot straight after but not days after.

• Posted

I was advised to call the ward where I had the surgery if I had any concerns. So I'd give them a call to ask their advice. Get well soon.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.