My blood pressure needs to be controlled! So now I have Kidney diseases!!!

Posted , 10 users are following.

My feet have swollen and my blood pressure is  consistently high. I have been diagnosed with kidney disease. I am curious about what others are using to control their blood pressure. (I am talking about medications and not food, running, meditation, sleeping etc....) Is there a high blood pressure medication that want damage your kidneys...at least not too much?

0 likes, 24 replies

24 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

No medication is good though some help but always with risks  of side effects some of which can be eventually fatal.  I used to have a low high blood pressure and was on medication. Due to finding out that I could get kidney failure or some other horrible illness because of the BP medication I decided to go the easy way out and loose weight and eat ONLY healthy. Guess what I lost 5 kilos around the midriff which is a dangerous area to have weight, 8 kilos all told which was enough  for my BP to return to normal. Now NO MEDICATION.  So side effect threats, more energy, better skin and  feeling GOOD. 
    • Posted

That’s wonderful  Jackie!

I am so glad you don’t need medication. That’s really the way to go! I have tried about every non-med out there from walking, running, eating healthy, drinking water, my weight, sleeping, meditation, no alcohol and no smoking. About the only thing that  controls my blood pressure somewhat are medications. It’s really in my DNA. Every member in my family has hypertension, excluding grandparents. Right now I am just trying to save my Kidneys. 

• Posted

Hi, Last year I stopped taking my blood pressure medication that I had been taking after 25 years +. I have tried the ayervedic approach and now take Mukta Vati, which works for me, my blood pressure is now the best it has been since in my 20's. There is a side effect in that it can make you a little congested  ( it does this with me but not too much and you do get used to it and the benefits outweigh the side effects , only in my opinion ) If you take the tablet with warm milk, the side effects minimise, but I don't need to do this. You can purchase the tablets at a very reasonable cost from Amazon ! They are herbal, don't be alarmed if your blood pressure plummets, mine did, you just need to be brave and stop your prescribed meds !. Initially I took my prescribed meds along side the Mukta Vati because I thought the herbal ones wouldn't work. I am not a doctor, just an avid researcher and former hypertension med user, so please seek your doctor's advice, although they may not know anything about Ayerveda. Hope this helps ! Anne

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.