My boot

Posted , 6 users are following.

Anyone else have problems getting boot on? I'm almost 12 weeks out from surgery, displaced and fibula fracture, all the screws and plate like everyone else. I'm not even allowed to try to walk yet, doc says no callous seen on X-ray yet. I was told I can remove boot to shower or anytime I'm in bed, so to avoid pain I stay in bed and keep the boot off.

Here's the problem, my foot won't reach the bottom of the boot. My swollen ankle is in the way. I'm sort of suspended about 1/4 inch off the bottom of the boot. I'm not comprehending how I will even attempt to walk in this damn thing, I just can't get my foot flat in it. 

Any thoughts? My pain level goes up so much just sitting in the boot as it squeezes my ankle, as opposed to just sitting with a free ankle. 

0 likes, 25 replies

25 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

That’s why I went on Amazon and looked and bought every item I could afford, that would help me stabilize my ankle. I bought two different boots, different ankle braces, a wedge to elevate, knee roller and the best item ever,  was and still is my ice therapy machine. I’ve  googled and read everything I can about healing my ankle. I am paying out of pocket for physical therapy (strain and counterstrain physical therapy - it’s has worked wonders for me) and I have just started water aerobics (which I swore I’d never do as it’s for old people but I decided I needed to change my attitude and perspective if I wanted  to get better) . It will be 14 weeks post op in a couple of days and yes I’ve had setbacks and pain but I persist as it has gotten better.  Good Luck!
    • Posted

Yeah I'm 14 weeks out Thursday. I have read, what else can I do on my back this long, and frankly I'm moving my foot slowly on my own so when I have the ok to walk, I can press forward.  No clearance yet, but as it stands now, this boot doesn't cut it and won't when I start going for it. And I'm not going to buy a new boot w/o some solid recommendations, I have an electric scooter, a knee scooter, a boot, I have pumped plenty of $ into this injury, as we all have I'm sure.  PT is covered by my ins. when doc says ok, that's a good thing in this scenario. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.