My boyfriend was cured from labyrinthitis naturally

Posted , 14 users are following.

Hello Everyone,

From those of you suffering from acute or chronic labyrinthitis, which causes symptoms of vertigo and dizziness, my boyfriend and I came across a natural cure and would like to share with you in hopes that it helps someone out there that is suffering. My boyfriend was battling it for a month and we didn't see it getting better. He was taking medication for the vertigo, which helped when he was taking it, but sudden movements would make him spin, everything would make him dizzy even driving, and his eyes would move rapidly back and forth. So I did some research and came across a smoothie that is used primarily for digestion, but it helps reduce inflammation, which is what causes labyrinthitis because your inner ear is inflammed so it throws you off balance. He was drinking the smoothie every morning and taking the medication for vertigo (I think it's the same thing you take for motion sickness) and within weeks he was off the medication and back to his normal self. It's been about 6 months since he was cured and THANK GOD it hasn't came back. The smoothie that he took consisted of: papaya (about 1/2 cup to 1 cup, depends on the size of your blender), pineapple (about 1/2 cup to 1 cup), homemade kefir (1/2 cup, you can buy the grains online or in store and search videos on how to make it, very easy), coconut milk (about 1/2 cup to 1 cup), papaya seeds (1/4 cup to a tablespoon, some papayas may not have enough seeds so just use what you can and make it last a few days so you don't have to keep buying payayas. The bigger papayas usually have more seeds. You only need to do 1/4 cup for about 2 weeks and then you can do tablespoon after that. Dont' stress if you can't do exactly 1/4 cup every time, just do as much as you can. Just start with more the first two weeks and move down to tablespoon after that.), banana (one banana) and honey (one tablespoon). WARNING: The smootie will make you poop so more payaya seeds=more poop. It's just cleaning you out so don't worry, if it's too strong start with less and work up. He took it for about a month or longer because we liked it so much. We haven't taken it in a few months now because we switched to oatmeal and fruits for breakfast since it's easier to prepare lol I hope this helps! 

0 likes, 34 replies

34 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Did your boyfriend have hearing loss? And how did they find out he had this. Did he have test or a virus. 
    • Posted

No permanent hearing loss, I believe he had light ear aches and said that some times his hearing was like he was underwater. When he had it, I typed his symptoms into google and labyrinthis appeared. His symptoms at the time were dizziness (everything was spinning. He only felt better when he was laying down or still. Sudden movements made it worse), nausea (Because of the dizziness he felt like he was on a rocking boat), and rapid eye movement (I could see his eyes flickering back and forth, and he couldn't even tell himself. I had to record a video on my phone so he could see). After researching, I told him to schedule an appointment with his doctor and tell him his symptoms and see what his doctor said. The doctor confirmed his diagnosis as labyrinitis just based on his symptoms and prescribed him motion sickness medication. He didn't have any tests done. The doctor said it could take weeks to a few months to go away. It was affecting his work and overall wellbeing so we looked into natural remedies in additional to medication to make healing process faster. Do his symptoms sound similar to yours?

• Posted

I have constant feeling like I am on a boat, I can't work or barely do anything, it's ruined my life. How long did his actual virtigo last? I've been suffering from this boat feeling for the last 6 months so I'm extremely worried that I'm stuck with this.

• Posted

Did they give you medication to treat those symptoms? My boyfriend was taking over-the-counter motion sickness pills when he ran out of his medicine, that can help with the constant boat like feeling. They just say not to drive or operate machines because it causes drowiness. His vertigo lasted a little more than a month, we were afraid it was going to last longer. He was still working and driving because he couldn't afford to take time off. I didn't see an improvement in his symptoms until he started the smoothie. In a few weeks, it was like night and day. If you can boost your immunity and take something to have the dizziness under control, you can fight this! 

• Posted

Hi Cecilia,

?Thank you for posting this.  I might try it but I was told that I had damage from a virus, which was probably vestibular neuritis or labs.  Since the damage has already occurred, I'm not sure if it would help.  Still worth a try though.

Thank you.

• Posted

Labs has been known to be caused from a virus.  I was told that labs has the symptoms that you described with the hearing loss. Vestibular neuritis is when there has been damage caused to the inner ear/vestibular nerve.  That is the nerve that sends the balance signals to the brain.  Once the vestibular nerve has been damaged, there's no cure for it but for the brain to compensate for the damage.  Most people who get labs or vestibular  neuritis had some infection or cold before the dizziness started.  I had a sinus infection.

• Posted

Hi Nikki,

I'm really sorry to hear this, it's worth a try. It can help raise your defenses naturally against the virus and fight from getting it again.

• Posted

Well shouldn't they take an MRI and look at the nerve and see if it's damaged? They can do that. Was yours damaged in an image? Once you read brain compensates does the dizziness go away? I'll die if I'm dizzy forever. Neuritis goes away I heard everntually

• Posted

Yes Niki, you're right labs is caused by a virus. That is what the doctor told us as well and I think it's possible to cause hearing loss in some people. You're right there is no cure for a damaged nerve. Are you sure it's damaged or is it swollen/inflammed? I think Melissa has a good point to do MRI. That is very interesting, my boyfriend also had a cold and bad allergies right when his symptoms first started. The doctor explained it was an inner ear infection caused by a virus. He has a coworker with labs that gets it a few times a year because of her allergies. He's been luckily enough not to get it back since around January of this year. 

• Posted

Mine started five years ago and I was told the damage was found with a vestibular test called a caloric test. I was told they can not see a damaged vestibular nerve on an MRI. I have had two MRIs since this started.
    • Posted

If I thought they can see the nerve to the ear. DId you get an MRI of the ear taken? You should get re tested with the caloric test, they are different now. I didn't know those caloric test could show if you had it or not. That's good to know. I feel hopeless. Mines prob damaged permanently considering I'm dizzy every single day. I can't even live my life anymore

• Posted

My most recent calorics was December 2014.  The MRI was of the inner ear. I also was checked for SCDS (superioe canal dehiscence syndrome)  It's when there's a hole in the bone around the inner ear.  I was told I did not have that. 

• Posted

Awww man I'm sorry to hear that. I hope there is something doctors can do to help you now. You're a really strong person to have gone through this. 

• Posted

Hi Melissa, I see you posted this seven months ago. I currently feel like you did at the time of the post- like this Will never go away! ;( just wondering if now , seven months on , yours has? I’ve had this chronic for four months so far and can’t see an end to it at all. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.