My boyfriend was cured from labyrinthitis naturally

Posted , 14 users are following.

Hello Everyone,

From those of you suffering from acute or chronic labyrinthitis, which causes symptoms of vertigo and dizziness, my boyfriend and I came across a natural cure and would like to share with you in hopes that it helps someone out there that is suffering. My boyfriend was battling it for a month and we didn't see it getting better. He was taking medication for the vertigo, which helped when he was taking it, but sudden movements would make him spin, everything would make him dizzy even driving, and his eyes would move rapidly back and forth. So I did some research and came across a smoothie that is used primarily for digestion, but it helps reduce inflammation, which is what causes labyrinthitis because your inner ear is inflammed so it throws you off balance. He was drinking the smoothie every morning and taking the medication for vertigo (I think it's the same thing you take for motion sickness) and within weeks he was off the medication and back to his normal self. It's been about 6 months since he was cured and THANK GOD it hasn't came back. The smoothie that he took consisted of: papaya (about 1/2 cup to 1 cup, depends on the size of your blender), pineapple (about 1/2 cup to 1 cup), homemade kefir (1/2 cup, you can buy the grains online or in store and search videos on how to make it, very easy), coconut milk (about 1/2 cup to 1 cup), papaya seeds (1/4 cup to a tablespoon, some papayas may not have enough seeds so just use what you can and make it last a few days so you don't have to keep buying payayas. The bigger papayas usually have more seeds. You only need to do 1/4 cup for about 2 weeks and then you can do tablespoon after that. Dont' stress if you can't do exactly 1/4 cup every time, just do as much as you can. Just start with more the first two weeks and move down to tablespoon after that.), banana (one banana) and honey (one tablespoon). WARNING: The smootie will make you poop so more payaya seeds=more poop. It's just cleaning you out so don't worry, if it's too strong start with less and work up. He took it for about a month or longer because we liked it so much. We haven't taken it in a few months now because we switched to oatmeal and fruits for breakfast since it's easier to prepare lol I hope this helps! 

0 likes, 34 replies

34 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Do you know if the dizziness boat feeling can ever go away or am I stuck with it.
    • Posted

I think it can if you can fight the virus. What have you tried so far to treat it? What have doctors told you?
    • Posted

They aren't sure what I have exactly but I'm very dizzy, I feel like I'm on a boat most days, my eyes bother me so much too.

• Posted

Hi All, I just came across this thread and thought i would share my experience.

I first had symptoms of labrythitus after a lads holiday about 10 years, it was very boozy and one night inparticular I was in a real state, the next morning I felt sick/dizzy but put this down to a bad hangover.  On my return home to England the symptoms had not improved and I was finding doing the simple things very difficult. Doctors assured me it was labrythitus and would clear up in a week or two as it does for most people - this did not happen for me.

After a year of hell and MRI scans, balance tests, blood tests, physio and a lot of crying I was still suffering.

In all honesty it took about 18 months untill the symptoms eased off but they were always there in some form.   I was feeling depressed laying in bed all day so I got myself back to work ASAP and decided to push myself to get back to normality and not let this condition ruin my life, i got myself back in the gym and on the football pitch and out clubbing again with friends even if it was unpleasant at times.   

Forward a couple of years later and was pretty much back to normal (there was still the underlying feeling of something not right lets say 10% dizzyness compared to the hell of before!) but I have my life back.

Forward another 5 mostly dizzy free years and unfortunatley after a holiday(which involved a lot of flying) the labyrthitus comes back for 'the second wave' as I call it! it was just like all those years ago, the constant feeling of nausea, no energy and the world constantly spinning around you.

Once again back to the doctors I went, this time private through a work policy, and after another round of tests the results were again inconclusive. The doctor I saw said it is likely a virus innitially damaged my inner ear all those years ago and unfortunately will never properly heal but in time will adjust. 

Another 18 months has passed and generally my labrythitus is under control but I do have bad weeks where the symptoms flair up (like right now) this can be caused by a cold or like now for no reason whatsoever, I think stress plays a big part in the flare ups for me, which is just a viscious circle really! 

I hope I havn't scared anyone who is reading this, I know when i was first diagnosed i was frantically searching the internet for cures and advice but found limited knowledge or horror stories that made me feel worse, this isn't the case for most people at all just make sure you get yourself to the doctor and get the support you need from friends and family - which can be hard as to them you look totally normal. 

All the best

Alex

• Posted

Just signed up to reply to this the only post out there that made me do it...

My story is:

My 21st birthday was literally the 18th of this month and the friday before i got absolutely hammered (obliterated level) where i ended up passing out on a sofa hanging off with the centre of my spine balancing on the edge of the sofa. I woke up the next day with a bad hangover the same as you just kinda thought it super bad one from the level of alcohol i drank... Super mad headache and felt kinda out of it. That day wasn't so bad really but the sunday was when it all started, everything was kinda spinning but i smoked a joint so i kinda thought it was the weed so i stopped smoking it and the dizziness was still present hours later. The next day (my birthday) was the worst, i went to work like normal, couldn't focus at all really and i didn't know why, sorta just powered through the day not really questioning much. Later that day me and my family went for a meal somewhere and that's when everything just hit me, i felt very panicky, severely off balance and extremely uncomfortable, the kinda thought where you wanna gtfo but don't wanna cause a scene, something not right. Went off to the doctor's the next day, drove when i shouldn't, got there and my amazing GP told me to rest for a week and come back. Was so p*ssed off but wtf can i do when i can barely think straight so i seeked advice online. Found an app called Pushdoctor where you speak to a private Doctor through video chat and thats when the lovely labyrinthitis/Vestibular Neuritis was found. What a birthday present indeed haha. But they did prescribe some anti dizziness pills which kinda took the edge off slightly (Prochlorperazine) but read the bottom of this for a pointer about these. So after googling everywhere and continuing through I'm on day 10 or 11 of recovery, I'd put my dizziness down to about 40% of what it was last week (That first week is a killer of motivation, happiness, anything basically... You're literally rendered a panicking wreck of a confused potato). But it's not stopped me yet, tears have dropped which hasn't happened in years, i felt my ego commit spiritual suicide in that first week but now it's much less. This is supposed to be fully recovered within 3 weeks but people have reported months just like yourself. I start work Monday next week and am dreading it slightly but i feel like if i kickstart back into my life i will adjust. The only thing scaring me is i can hear an ambient level of static which may or may not have been there before but who knows, my neck is slightly stiff and the back of my head feels slightly swollen but that could be inflammation (occipital neuralgia - swelling at the back of the head) and this is caused by a few things but infections are one and ofcourse this is a viral infection. I'm hoping the coming days will shower more positivity and this tinnitus (ambient buzzing) will drown out as well as the dizziness fading. If not it is at a level where i feel i can probably live with but in honesty and realistically if i had the permanent feeling like last week throughout my life I'd probably just have to end it. For those out there who can barely even get up and move and have that feeling permanently i honestly wish there is a happy afterlife for you as if the feeling i had was awful i can only imagine what you're going through must be a living hell.

P.s. I got a slight level of blurred/double vision

Now for those researching yourself and who may not know any good pointers i will try and compile a short amount of things I've found:

The medicine i was prescribed by the Pushdoctor was useful (Prochlorperazine), however I've been advised taking these can hinder your healing process by prolonging it as your brain is trying to compensate so it's harder to do this when it's being pumped with anti dizziness pills (not sure if it has any effect on your actual healing though, but just be weary).

Stress seems to feed this thing, a lot of people have said they find themselves in a constant cycle with this and they get symptoms back, I've heard this can even be caused by stress so try your absolute best to not let this get to you and you'll be able to recover the best your body allows. This includes sleep and rest as these link with stress too.

HYDRATION AND SLEEP IS NECESSARY TO WASH AWAY THE INFECTION.

Your vertigo/Dizziness may be BPPV (Benign Paroxysmal Positional Vertigo). This means that if you feel a spin moreso on one side it may just be a trapped particle within one ear that needs to be placed back into place and you can do this with a maneuver, it may take a few attempts but it's worth a shot if anything just incase (you've got nothing to lose). If you want to try this search Carol Foster MD or the Epley maneuver on youtube and there's a tonne of videos to remove the stuck crystal/particle.

Everyone seems to have different levels of symptoms and different ideas of how they got this, i would say for me the NHS website actually describes the first week and a bit perfectly for me so far so i guess for most cases it'll be the same but as i said some people have this for a few days, some for weeks, months and unfortunately yes even years.

A weird few things i haven't really looked into but just a suggestion incase anyone is wanting to say f**** it... Someone said a gluten free diet helped so maybe look into this if you're willing to try. There's an old chinese method of cleansing the body with onions in your socks overnight which i may try as onions cleanse your blood. Some people mention about salt intake too but i have no idea.

I've put as much as i can i to this, sorry if it's long winded but if i can help even 1 person out there I've done something. I'm still recovering myself if anyone wants an update at all just reply to this and i should get a notification, please just remember the first week was the worst and although it seems like an eternal nightmare this seems to be a slow winded process. If anything it's taught me the least a life lesson, we're all in this sh*tpit together and although others may not know our pain we can continue to support and help eachother.

Atleast we're not blind i guess.. Well let's just see what christmas has for me, or not... 😂

Night all.

• Posted

Hey Nate,

I just came across your reply after a year, better late than never I guess!

How are you getting on at the moment? I hope the symptoms have disappeared or at least reduced to a lever where you can get on with your life.

I'm pretty good another year on, I still suffer from the dizzyness but it's managable to a level where i'm not thinking about it 24/7, most days it doesn't cross my mind which is great. I do still struggle when i pick up a cold, that always seems to make the dizzy feeling spiral to it's worse and for some reason walking down aisles in supermarkets make me particulary dizzy? Not sure if its the strong lighting or just the narrow perception to my eyes?

Anyway, I hope that you and everyone else thats been commenting on here are doing better. It's a really tough thing to deal with and I find most people can't appreciate the daily struggle we go through. I've now got 2 young boys and if I can cope with running after them 24/7 and feeling dizzy then anything is possible!

All the best

Alex

• Posted

OMG. I am the same . I have been signed off work for three months so far and this week the symptoms have got worse. I am constantly “heady” and off balance with jelly legs . It’s ruing my life ! My ears have been blocked the entire time with ear ache on and off . None of the meds help. I don’t know what to do! 
    • Posted

I did reply but not directly to you. Just keep fighting it! It gets better, mine was snail pace but I am at a stage where normality is 70% where I am. Stay strong 
    • Posted

Just want to know how ur doing.. I’m dealing with this for 10 weeks and it’s depressing and debilitating.. please tell me it gets better.
  • Posted

Hi guys, this is a breath of fresh air to see some people in the same boat. I’ve been battling with vestibular neuritis for the past 5-6 years, this started from labrynthitis. This condition can make you feel sooooo isolated and down. I’ve been off work numerous of times, first time for 6 months , second time for 4 plus all the odd days here and there. What’s the worse about balance disorders is that you look absolutely fine to other people and unless they have had labs then it’s very hard to put into words how unwell you feel. There is hope tho guys... I fight my symptoms and I still take buccal tablets (although the docs say not too) I would not be able to go to work and get on with life without them. Some days I’m more of less fine and some days I am beyond dizzy to do anything. I’ve learnt to live with my symptoms and there are defo things that help and things that don’t eg) caffeine! Avoid!!!! I think being healthy and trying to manage stress and sleep well helps. I have a dog and the best place for me to be is outside in the fresh air with her, enclosed spaces and lifts bring on my symptoms. Feel free to ask me any questions. I’ve been to the doctors so much I find that I give them knowledge. I’ve had MRI scans, balance tests etc... they just tell me one day it will go... I have faith!!!! Don’t let it kill yours! Keep fighting people !!! 
  • Posted

Hi guys, this is a breath of fresh air to see some people in the same boat. I’ve been battling with vestibular neuritis for the past 5-6 years, this started from labrynthitis. This condition can make you feel sooooo isolated and down. I’ve been off work numerous of times, first time for 6 months , second time for 4 plus all the odd days here and there. What’s the worse about balance disorders is that you look absolutely fine to other people and unless they have had labs then it’s very hard to put into words how unwell you feel. There is hope tho guys... I fight my symptoms and I still take buccal tablets (although the docs say not too) I would not be able to go to work and get on with life without them. Some days I’m more of less fine and some days I am beyond dizzy to do anything. I’ve learnt to live with my symptoms and there are defo things that help and things that don’t eg) caffeine! Avoid!!!! I think being healthy and trying to manage stress and sleep well helps. I have a dog and the best place for me to be is outside in the fresh air with her, enclosed spaces and lifts bring on my symptoms. Feel free to ask me any questions. I’ve been to the doctors so much I find that I give them knowledge. I’ve had MRI scans, balance tests etc... they just tell me one day it will go... I have faith!!!! Don’t let it kill yours! Keep fighting people !!! 
    • Posted

Thanks for the reassurance. I can’t believe how bad an ear confirm can be and how much it can affect everything. I am waiting for my private app now never week. Last doctor I saw diagnosed now as “chronic” lab with eustacian tube dysfunction . My ears constantly feel “full” and that makes me head /balance feel drunk. Lately it’s gotten worse and I’ve had literally zero energy (like I have the flu or something) and last few days I’ve had pins and needles in my hands too.  It’s so hard. Or to worry the condition is something more sinister isn’t it as it really does affect everything. Tablets for me don’t seem to do much- I do find it gets better as the day goes on towards evening and things seem to “settle” a little . Mornings are just the worst to the point I dread waking up! I’ve been off work since September as I am a teacher and there is no way with it this bad I could teach all day. All I want is to get back to work and normality. Like others have said , as you don’t look ill people do not fully understand the extent that you are affected. Thank you for the positivity. I will keep trying to fight it ! 
    • Posted

I remember feeling exactly how you do now, I was so bad for a few months that I barely left the house. I think because this condition causes so many strange symptoms it can be very scary and I myself searched high and low for answers. Tablets didn’t work for me in the beginning, I was on stemitil and they use to make me so drowsy. Just have faith and you will get better, it can be w very slow and frustrating process but there is hope ! I never thought I would get my life back. Even now when I have bad days it’s always worse in the morning, I agree your head kind of stabilises itself out a little. My ENT surgeon suggested getting a wii fit as there have been good reports back from off balance sufferers, they have a balance board game which is meant to be good. Also do exercises!!! I did them till the room was spinning but it helps to retrain your brain. You can google exercises for labrynthitis. I hope you start seeing some positive recovery soon Hun ! 
    • Posted

Thank you for your reply. These responses honestly make me feel so much better as my partner seems to struggle to empathise as I “look” fine. Days I am bedridden I think he thinks I’m being dramatic! I have my private ent next week so I am hoping for some help. I have the stressful, betahistine, and the long ones beginning with P - none of them seem to do much. My only saving grace is that it seems to ease a little by the evening . The mornings are just unbearable . There are days when I panic and work myself up that it must be more than an inner ear issue as the symptoms are so varied but when I calm down and reason with myself that my ears are and have been blocked for four months and they feel so full- that the doctors diagnosis is right. I’ll take positivity from the kind words of reassurance on here . Thank you all . X
  • Posted

I feel many who is suffering with this kind of condition has some form of indigestion issues. Mine got severe when my indigestion was very bad. Later identified i had gallstones and non working gb.I also suffer with cold and allergies(may be weak immune system due to not having good digestion). So the issue is either with inflammation in the digestive system or with allergies it seems.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.