Posted , 15 users are following.
I have quit diazepam about 3 months ago. I used 2mg every night for 2 months. I was prescribed it to cope with zopiclone/imovane withdrawal symptoms, which I took for 3 months top. But I feel like my brain is hurt/injured somehow and I don't understand since I tapered progressively and did everything I could to make the process of such a low dose right. Now, I'm stuck with bad symptoms:
- Severe dizzinness (vertigo, the ground seems unstable and therfore can't stand on a balcony. Also, can't look in a mirror, makes me almost nauseous)
- Head pressure
- Brain Zaps/spams in the brain that add to the dizzinness
- light ringing in the ear, mostly at night
- Hypnik jerks at night if I do too much exercise or even if I run for about 15 minutes...I also get these jerks when I drink half a beer/when I take 2-3 sips to taste. I stopped drinking 6 months ago. Frustrating
- Pins and needles hands and forearms.
- I'm mostly tired all the time and I'm way more irratable
- I don't have much anxiety but when the symptoms get intense it feels extremely uncomfortable.
- I'm not depressed
- I tried acupuncture, one session relieved most of my symptoms for 2 days...
My doctor told me to do a lot of physical activity, but I can't since I took diazepam. When I was on zopiclone, I could go out for a 5miles 3-5 times a week. Now I can't since it gives me mutiples hypnik jerks that wake me up at night.
Is y brain injured? Will it pass? Is this a sign that my brain is in repair/restructuring mode or something? Is this a neurological disorder? Help please. I not anxious anymore, I mostly scared and discouraged. I'm 28 and feel handicaped
Any help is appreciated.
3 likes, 19 replies