My clitoris and other parts have all but disappeared....help

Posted , 11 users are following.

I have just been diagnosed with LS and I am so worried because my clitoris is completely fused and my lady parts have disappeared. My question is, will i ever get these back?? Any ideas on what cream I should use. I prefer something natural. Please share any success stories you might have. sad

0 likes, 25 replies

25 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi there,

Sorry to hear this, I assume you are using a steroid ointment like Dermovate? I'm afraid I really don't know although I know steroid can hold back further erosion. Have you had a chat with your doctor or been to see a gynaecologist?

I have seen that there are some corrective surgerys you can get. I have just been for PRP treatment which many have benefitted from. I have taken this treatment to try and get myself into remission: http://lichensclerosus.org/breaking-news/

Although you can try the natural way, I have seen it mentioned many times that if you want to stop erosion and fusing, steroid stops this.

I am doing practically evenerything: steroid, PRP, Homiopathy, councilling etc. I am s big believer in finding the root cause, but I will use steroid along side this in order to ensure no erosion.

Anyway, all the best and I hope you find the best way for yourself.

• Posted

Tree hugger, I wouldn't advise surgery.  LS might even get worse because of it.  Stretching the area is safer.

• Posted

I have no idea about how well surgery works, but I can imagine it isn't pleasant! Xx

• Posted

I agree, Hanny.  Also, steroids have side effects.  I've done very well without them.  They are helpful with symptoms, but are not a cure.  If you use them, use them sparingly, and discontinue use if you can.

• Posted

Thank you for your reply.  I have chosen to go down the natural path as I have reacted adversly to some pharmaceuticals in the past. I am doing the bicarb/borax and coconut oil at the moment.

I do believe you are correct in finding the root cause and I am booking in to do some much needed councilling.

Thank you for these suggestions.

• Posted

I went to see a Homeopath today. So glad I went. My Mum used a Homeopath when dealing with a bad flare up some years past. She used steroid short term, to gain some control. She feels the homeopathic remedies really helped her.

All the best xx

• Posted

Thank you Tree hugger. I hadn't thought of homeopathic remedies. I will look into that.

Much appreciated. xx

• Posted

I listened to Dr Goldstein

ive been putting thick amounts of steroids and getting worse and very depressed. Last night I followed his instructions. I bathed in warm water for 20 mins (I put on a relaxation talk) then I rubbed a pea size amount of steroid into the area for 90 seconds. I've had a good nights sleep and things have improved. Finally I feel hopeful I can get it in remission now I understand that the steroids have to go down a long way. I'm going to see my gp again I'll ask her to watch the lecture as its her job to support me in this disease. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.