My DO NOT EAT LIST

Posted , 9 users are following.

DO NOT EAT:

.......anything white (breads, rice, potatoes, ?sugars ???0

....... any dairy............ ANY DAIRY !!!!!!

..........Meats including chicken

.............. any farm raised fish

...... corn, tortillas, polenta, grits

.......... any desserts including ice cream and sherberts

I conclude that ice cubes and lettuce are my only safe foods. Given the fact that I am diabetic, get gout, have high cholesterol and BP and now have RA............. well, you see my dilema. 

0 likes, 27 replies

27 Replies

Next
  • Posted

I'm right there with you - and those ice cubes have to be from FILTERED water.
    • Posted

The sad thing is that I used to entertain a lot and make tons of spectacular foods. I can still do that but it is torture not to eat it. Oh well, some colorful ice cubes might giveme a little diversion. Ha, ha.
    • Posted

Cakes?  I still do for al it's 45 years!  after all that time I don't eat cake anymore!  

The comments crack me up!  If it was on Facebook I would say LOL

• Posted

almost 45!  Need to read before I post!
  • Posted

You can LOL anytime smile  Hey question for you - I have trouble walking, lots of weakness in one of my legs - walking outside is particularly difficult, even with a cane, when you changed your diet like that did it help you with your strength?  I am off of dairy and caffeine - dairy was hair harder than caffeine for me.  I guess I had a block of cheese in my stomach because I lost like 10 pounds the first three weeks.
    • Posted

It depends on the day and the weather. Sometimes I can walk, sometimes I can't. I am getting stronger because I go to the gym three times a week and so lots of leg strenthening machines. Whatever works for you is good. I miss cheese a lot. It was a quick protein hit for me and was my dinner a lot of nights. Now I try to have a pot of soup to turn to. I still miss my cheese!!!!!!!!!! I won't give up coffee. It is my only pleasure left.
  • Posted

I ate cheese and crackers for dinner a lot too.  I had gotten so weak (I had vertigo for four months and fell a lot and hurt my back and hip) I could barely walk.  Thank goodness my job didn't require a lot of skipping around. Now I can walk pretty good if I am inside, as long as there is a wall close enough for me to touch, but outside where it's wide open and uneven I have to have a person's arm.  I could not even step up at all for awhile, now I can step up about four inches and have bought one of those exercise steps that you can raise to six and eight inches.  But trying to learn at the age of 57 what I really need to eat in order to repair my body.  Wish I was 30 trying to learn this stuff! 
  • Posted

You can do it. There is a wealth of information on diet and inflammation. As soon as my labs showed probable RA, I startedgluten, dairy and sugar free. Cold turkey. I don't miss anything at this point (6 weeks in) and my pain was almost completely gone by the time I got in with a rheumatologist. She checked my labs again, she just didn't believe I had RA. My CCP was positive, but my RF and see rate dropped from elevated to normal ranges. That was 2 weeks ago. I've been stable since, and meet with a doctor tomorrow about AP protocol. We shall see!
    • Posted

That is awesome.  I was on Methotrexate and Lyrica for a few years and once I got off of them I promised myself to do whatever I could to not get back on them.  My pain went down a lot once I got off of dairy.  Thanks for the good tips.  If I can ever become stable with my walking again that will be my biggest thrill.
    • Posted

What was your RF reading before ? I understand that once we are RF positive it can never drop back to normal 😢..... Are u on any medication ?
  • Posted

Oh wow! Question is...what CAN you eat?
    • Posted

Look up paleo elimination diet and autoimmune protocol diet. It's pretty strict at first, but then you slowly add back in foods to see what triggers may cause a flare. There are some great autoimmune protocol recipes online and on Pinterest. Do yourself a favor and research antibiotic protocol for RA as well.
    • Posted

Thank you. I will look into it. Very helpful to know where to research.
    • Posted

ice cubes and lettuce

all kinds of greens

wild salmon

almond butter

pretty dull

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.