My DO NOT EAT LIST

Posted , 9 users are following.

DO NOT EAT:

.......anything white (breads, rice, potatoes, ?sugars ???0

....... any dairy............ ANY DAIRY !!!!!!

..........Meats including chicken

.............. any farm raised fish

...... corn, tortillas, polenta, grits

.......... any desserts including ice cream and sherberts

I conclude that ice cubes and lettuce are my only safe foods. Given the fact that I am diabetic, get gout, have high cholesterol and BP and now have RA............. well, you see my dilema. 

0 likes, 27 replies

27 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

And now they are ruling out white potatoes as a cause of high BP!!  I absolutely agree with your dilemma!  You left out solanceae which are on many people's list: tomatoes,potatoes and eggplant!

Who knows if any of this is actually unhealthy- nutrition research in general is really poor .  I remember when my mother thought beans were the Mexican equivalent of junk food.  Now we find those poor, plump and diabetic hispanics, who are only eating beans, hotsauce and tortillas, are outliving whites in the US!!!! I love it!

• Posted

You forgot all nightshades!   Google 'IF ratings', it will give you the inflamation ratings for different foods so you know what to avoid and what to eat plenty of.
    • Posted

after studying the IF ratings for awhile- thank you for the reference Tony- I have concluded that serano peppers are so powerfully anti-inflammatory -for a food- that one can eat most anything with them!  

• Posted

Eggplants, tomatoes and potatoes are members of the "deadly nightshade" family, the  solanaceae, and, after they were first brought to Europe from the Americas, for many years Europeans wouldn't touch them.  However they have been domesticated for thousands of years and all the poisonouse alkaloids have been bred out of them.  But no one is quite sure about the leaves.  So to be safe, don't eat the the leaves.  
  • Posted

I wasn't quite right on that- eggplants from what I read are Asian.  Tomatoes are, famously, the fruit Europeans refused to eat for a long time, and they are from the Americas.  

Green and red peppers are also in the nightshade family and were originally cultivated in Peru.  Black pepper- the peppercorn- is unrelated and is/was cultivated originally in India.

• Posted

Can you have chicken bone broth? Asparagus, cauliflower ?

i just made a soup with those. Added a bit of apple slices as I cooked veggies. Added some coconut milk on top for a tad bit of flavor. 

Yes...got it off a paleo website. 

• Posted

If you want a 'true' anti-inflamatory diet, meat is out unless it is wild caught.   Animals bred for human consumption are grain fed - including fish, sheep, goat, cow, chicken and so on.
    • Posted

Does that include meats that claim to be "natural"? No antibiotics, hormones, ... That's what they claim on label.  

• Posted

Meats that claim to have no antibiotics and no hormones, presumably don't have antibiotics or hormones; however, practically all meats from animals bred for human consumption are fed on manufactured feeds.   I've never checked, but presumably someone would produce meat from animals that aren't grain fed, probably very expensive and difficult to find though.   You can get wild caught altlantic salmon and tuna in tins from most supermarkets.
    • Posted

Our grocery has grass fed, no antibiotics, no hormones beef and bison. 

yea! And luckily sockeye salmon. And more and more organic veggies.  So I'm so happy someone is listening and making these available. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.