My doc wants me to start to cut my dose down.

Posted , 4 users are following.

I been on it for ten days and been waking up jittery and feels like my heart is racing. Hasthis happen to anyone else. He wants me to cut down my dose to 5mg from 10. please let me know

0 likes, 39 replies

39 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

well loo and susan. on day 26 i feel anxiety today. did you guys feel this way on week three. i have some good days but wondering if 10 mg is enough ??? I know i sound like a broken record but i am alone and not many people to talk to about it. I had like 3 good days now seems to go backwards
    • Posted

Hi daka. 26 days hmmm nearly 4wks. from my experience, i would give it another week on 10mg & see if you feel any better, if not then see your doctor about increasing to 15mg.  also daka, its very important to take it in the morning for best effect - both my doc & pharmacist told me this. keep going - you will get better.

• Posted

Hi Daka, always here if you want to ask anything, it's a lonely time but you will come out of it! Like loo loo said give it another week and go back to Drs as I feel that 15mg is a good dose for quite a few of us and I've settled on it after about the 6 week mark of upping from 10 to 15! I almost felt a foggy feeling lift and I used to look in the mirror and thought I looked really old (I'm 54) which isn't old I suppose but now when I look I'm looking more myself and more fresh faced if you know what I mean!

Stick with it and you will get there 😊

• Posted

I'm on week one of escitalopram, and so far have noticed a little difference, I'm hoping it will continue to get better, I'd just like to say, what great information from looloo, and Susan,ive just read, in fact more than I got from my GP, so I hope if you don't mind if I need any advice, or reassurance, I can ask here, and I hope daca, gets the help here too. I do know it's not a gp centre here. Lol. Thx.

• Posted

Hi Julie, of course ask away as we are here to help! Everyone needs reasurrence and help at first as you often think nothing is going to work but it will, you just have to stick with it! You may get days where you feel better then feel worse again (or you may not) but if you do it's normal as the tablets need to get in your system properly! I think that's why some people can give up but it's so worth sticking with it!!!

Please ask if anything else I can help with, I will try my best, take care xxx

• Posted

thank you susan, into week two of taking these meds, first week felt great, sort of like the old me, week two a different story, woke up for work on sun, had a small anxiety attack, then felt quite bad, so had to take the day off, im sure they havent quite taken effect yet, but im not giving up, ive had anxiety for over 20 years now, any good meds ive had, after a while i was taken off them because of the cost, and a few times its set me right back, but im going to carry on, as ive heard good things about these, thx for your earlier reply.
    • Posted

Anytime Julie, ask away. it always helps to share experiences, & get a support from people that are going/have been through it & come out the other side hun. xx

• Posted

well hello and the first two weeks i really didnt feel a change until the end but now at the end of week three i still have crappy days i still feel jittery. . But its like every three days are ok. then back to feel crappy. But i know i am on third week getting ready to start the 4th. and hoping i gett more days of feeling better. and susan and loo have help. alot. please if you have any questions i am more then happy to help. because it also helps me.
    • Posted

And susan when did you know that 10 mg wasnt working for you. I know we all different i was just wondering if i need to up my dose or is it to strong. Like i said it comes and goes. like today is not a great day again
    • Posted

Hi Daka, it was (as far as I can remember by the 5/6 week I felt as if I wasn't getting enough relief from the 10mg as I always suffered from morning anxiety and waking about half 3/4 feeling shaky and couldn't get back to sleep, and at my worst shaky and nauseous but now I'm on the 15 and it's properly in my system (which took another 5/6 weeks) I'm fine!!! Still get the odd off day but don't we all!!!

Hope you settle soon and try the 15mg if your dr thinks as it might be just what you need! Take care

• Posted

yes susan like now i wake with morning anxiety and feel the jitters the worst on the morning. i was never really depressed but more anxiety then anything . I always take my meds in morning and torwads end of day i start to have the jitters wear off .
    • Posted

I had the morning jitters, nausea etc as my symptoms of anxiety before any meds and then started taking meds and at first heightened the symptoms but now tablets are working I don't get them! So hopefully as soon as you settle on a certain level (you may need the 15 like me and loo loo) you will feel like you again! It's a good med in my opinion

• Posted

thank you daka, im on week two, week one felt great, now week two dont feel that good at all, thing is as i work p/time and get no benefits it can be a struggle, but im going to keep on with them, i know il get past all of this because i have before, its just the getting there, hope your feeling better too, take care.x
  • Posted

yeah i hear you . i am 220 pounds and 5'7 and 43 yr old man maybe 10 mg to small of a dose. Believe me i am fighting. i see my doc the 13th of December but i like to up to 15 now .I felt good most of the days last week now last few days not so much. but talking to you makes me feel better

• Posted

That's good, just remember you're not alone! Let us know how you get on, take care 😊

• Posted

hey susan and loo loo. I am going on yhe six week and i still feel a alittle anxiety everyday its like comes in waves. but last week was great didny feel hardly anything but this week everything. i see my doc and wondering if i should tell him i need to go up to 15mg. i was never really depressed just i have high anxiety and feel the nervous thing. and my thoughts of anxiety. i start to see a threpy doc this week to .
    • Posted

Hi Daka. i would say you have given 10mg a fair try now, & talk to your doctor(gp) about going upto 15mg & see how you get on for 4 to 6weeks on that dose. good luck with the therapy doctor - is it cbt you're having with them?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.