My doctor has stopped my arthritis tablets 'Diclofenic' as they have been withdrawn for over 50's what can I take?

Posted , 6 users are following.

Can anyone recommend anything as my hands have become very painful as well as my knees.

0 likes, 28 replies

Report / Delete

28 Replies

  • Posted

    PS Ive just noticed that you can actually buy naproxen (under brand name Naprosyn) over the counter 'for period pain' - lower dose, but you could at least try it to see if you can tolerate it, then you know if its worth asking GP for it on prescription? Just a thought x
    Report / Delete Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up