My ear sorted!!!

Posted , 56 users are following.

Hello,

after (i'm sorry but only) 2 weeks of prodding and poking and putting oil in and using every ear product under the sun except for the ear candles (cos I burnt myself last time) I am pleased to say I have sorted my ear.

After the doctor said there was nothing wrong with either ear I eventually came online and did a self diagnosis. I was suspecting that the problem was on the other side of my ear drum so a eustachian tube blockage made sense.

I felt like I had asparagus growing in one ear and had tinnitus of varying degrees and pitches.

Like the rest of you it was making me miserable, grumpy and it was hard to work and focus.

Yesterday my Osteopathic colleague worked on me and released tight neck muscles and scalp muscles.

This morning I woke up and the deafness and tinnitus was really bad.

Now, before I tell you what I did .. here is the theory.

The deafness and tinnitus is caused by gunk covering the inside of the ear drum... prodding, poking and closing the nose and blowing pushes the gunk upwards which clears the eardrum for a short time then the gunk comes down again. The gunk has to come out DOWNWARDS. How to we get the gunk to come out downwards? By breathing in. Breathing in takes air down to the lungs which will produce suction in the eustachian tube.

So what I did in bed was to lie on the side of the good ear.

I then closed the nostril with my finger on the good side only and breathed in through the nostril on the bad side. I then closed the nostril on the bad side and breathed out through the nostril on the good side. I repeated this several times and just knew it was going to work. I'm sure doing the same practise upright should work just as well.

It wasnt totally better immediately but I sensed an improvement. Now having been to work and been out in the cold I can tell you it is better!!! No more asparagus in my ear!!!!

So, blowing the nose is not a good idea. It makes things worse. When having to blow the nose try to do it gently and aim the air out of the good ear .. if you have one.

If you have ear wax, the procedure I prescribed could make this worse as it will be sucking the wax onto the outside of the eardrum.

I am now taking garlic tablets to reduce the catarrh and echinacea and golden seal tincture to clear infection and catarrh.

The procedure is described as a pranayama technique in yoga and is called Surya Bhedana when breathing in through the right nostril and Chandra bhedana when breathing in through the left nostril

The book \"Light on Pranayama\" by BKS Iyengar says that the effects of this technique are:

It soothes and invigorates the nerves and cleanses the sinuses. It is good for persons suffering from low blood pressure.

It also says never perform Surya Bedhana and Chandra bhedana on the same day.

So to recap:

To clear eustachian tube of bad ear

Close nostril with finger on side of good ear

Breathe in through nostril on side of bad ear

Close nostril with finger on side of bad ear

Breathe out through nostril on side of good ear

Repeat, always breathing in on bad ear side and out through good ear side.

If both sides are blocked I'm not sure what to recommend but I'm sure understanding that the stuff needs to be sucked down using the in breath you will be able to work something out.

Now, to monitor progress I used my sound healing experience. I covered my good ear and made an oooooooooooooo sound. The oooooo resonated really well in my good ear.

I then tried the same in my bad ear. No resonance at all.

After the clearing procedure, even though I still felt my ear was blocked the resonance was much improved so I knew things were changing.

It may return, but I am so clear that the theory is correct I know I will be able to deal with it.

I really hope this helps others out there. Good luck.

Treespirit.

6 likes, 75 replies

75 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

My Euthasian tubes have been shut since 2005.  I don't eat dairy at all.  I just finsihed treatment with my ENT.  Everything from allergy testing, nasal sprays, anti-b's, steroid, balloon sinuplasty.  They put tubes in my ears 4 weeks ago and now they are worse.  Feels like I'm under water.  Has anyone done this while having tubes?  Should doing that coning thing help with the wax too?  I had that done years ago and it did nothing.  I do have a post nasal drip that I try and clear all day and maybe that's what's suckioning it shut. 
    • Posted

Hi Cindy ...

You have exactly the same symptoms as me sad(

Did you ever find a cure at all?

This is terrible... it’s been getting worse over the last 2 years x

I had t tubes 10 weeks ago and a septoplasty 8 weeks ago ... I’m experiencing what you describe.. x

• Posted

Have you tried otovent? You could do it with just a balloon. Blow it to a size of a grapefruit and pinch it. Take a sip of water, hold it in your mouth. Close one nostril and put a balloon on the other. As you swallow water, release the air from the balloon. Do it few times a day, until resolved. Also garlic ear oil, plantago drops, probiotics and tissue salts combination J. Good luck 😌

• Posted

And go see osteopath and homeopath. They will fix the root of your problems 
    • Posted

Thankyou Kristine!

I am seeing a very good osteopath but still blocked ...

I will try that otovent smile

Is the garlic ear oil ok to use with the tubes in my eardrums?

I will try everything you suggest... I am very grateful to you xx

• Posted

No don’t put oil in. Instead get some oil of oregano and rub 1-2 drops behind your ear and under your chin.  I hope you find a way 
    • Posted

I am so confused about my symptoms and idk if i should see an Ent or wait it out but maybe you guys can help

I got sick month and a half ago and woke up with sounds in my ears then i noticed my ears felt weird everytime i swallow or yawn i hear a cracklinhg sound feels like my tubes open up i guess ? When im chewing gum my ears feel normal and that crackle sound isn't there anymore

Whenever i do steam inhalation that crackle sound when i attempt to yawn also goes away but minutes later that feeling of glue like ears is back when yawning

Do i have etd? Idk I'm so confused yet so irritated

Forgot to mention i get ear ache here and there

I need help fast

Also always have mucus stuck in my throat

• Posted

I’m sorry I can’t help you with symptoms. It’s my 2 year old daughter who has glue ear which was diagnosed by a doctor. They want to put hearing aids as she still doesn’t talk so I’m trying everything. Crainial chiropractor said that it looks better already so fingers crossed she won’t need the hearing aids. Have you tried the balloon yet?
    • Posted

Hi Sarah ...

Maybe you have allergies causing the mucus? 

Try taking an antihistamine?

Or nasal spray? 

There are so so many reasons why this condition happens ..

I’m grateful if I hear clicking or anything as at least my tubes would be trying to work! But the condition is so different for us all ...

I wish you luck xx

• Posted

Danielle is making a good point that I forgot to mention. We also stopped dairy and gluten as she’s always shown intolerances towards them. And in many cases milk is to blame. It takes 2 weeks for your body to get rid of all stored milk. Maybe try to illuminate it for 2 weeks and see if it makes any difference. 

Recently I read that pneumococcal can cause otitis media. 

• Posted

My right eustation tube has been blocked for several years now.  I actually had surgery last year.  Dumb doc said it would clear everything up but it didn't help at all.  I asked him why reeming out my sinuses was going to help my eustation tube, just didn't make any sense to me.. but he assured me it would.  Lies!!  Anyway, I tried this just this minute and it already seems to have had some effect.  I am going to do this several times each day.  Hoping to finally get some relief.  I'll keep you posted.  Oh.. and I rarely have any dairy.  Quit years ago.  Thank you so much for sharing what has worked for you!
    • Posted

Hey man m too having the same problem of blockage of eaustachian tube from last 7 years...did the technique of breathing really helped u ???n presently what is the condition of ur ears....as m in need of sm help.m too hvin problem in hearing with ringing noise in my ears...I
  • Posted

i  have the tin.  i  have  the constant  buzzing  but the doctor  given  anything i one that i suffering but the  worst  is  like  somebody  hitting  with  a  hammer  in  my  head  what  should  i  do

• Posted

Hi,

How are you now.  I am desperate my tubes both have been blocked for two weeks.  They click clear for a minute or two and then block again.  everything is echoing and I feel so claustrophobic.  Am trying Beconase but know it has to be aimed at tubes which is difficult.

Please any success stories or advice

Maria

• Posted

Hey,

if you are experiencing echoing of your own voice, "autoechoing", you might be suffering of tuba aperta. It is a state where the eustachian tube for some reason stays open. There are some treatments to it, I suggest you take it to a doctor. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.