Posted , 3 users are following.
I have been having the following symptoms recurring on & off for the past 6 months:
- Nausea (severe)
- Fatigue (severe)
- Cold tingling feet & hands
- Hands locking up
- Foggy/Feeling a mental disconnect
- Loss of some sensation right foot (can’t feel vibration or cold temperature well)
The symptoms have remained stagnant in strength and come and go mostly at random. They have not worsened. I do however notice them more when I am relaxed at night & when I wake up in the morning.
I went in to have an EMG test done and was told that I have a demyelinating polyneuropathy & a conduction block in my leg where my sciatic nerve splits. They weren’t able to find the nerve at all. 3 different doctors performed the test and none were able to get a reading. They told me that based on the readings I should be completely paralyzed in one leg. Other than the symptoms above, I am fine and function normally at work & home. I haven’t lost any muscle strength - all motor skills are intact. I am a 31 year old in-shape male. They also told me they have never seen these test results in someone with a functioning leg.
I was sent to the hospital for a spinal tap to test my CSF & also get blood work done. The only abnormal results showed:
- EOS%: 4.2 (high)
- Total Protein CSF: 53 (high)
- Bedside Glucose: 153 (high)
- Carbon Dioxide: 3.2 (high)
I was diagnosed with CIDP (even though my symptoms don’t all line up with this disease) & sent home to wait for further test results. I know how quickly a neurological disease can escalate and am therefore reaching out for any potential solutions.
My 2 main questions are:
1) Has ANYONE ever seen a conduction block on a person who is not paralyzed.
2) Has anyone seen a similar illness presentation - if so what was the diagnosis & how was it treated?
Thank you SO much!
0 likes, 23 replies