My EMG Results Shocked Doctors

Posted , 3 users are following.

I have been having the following symptoms recurring on & off for the past 6 months:

- Nausea (severe)

- Headaches

- Fatigue (severe)

- Cold tingling feet & hands

- Hands locking up

- Foggy/Feeling a mental disconnect

- Loss of some sensation right foot (can’t feel vibration or cold temperature well)

The symptoms have remained stagnant in strength and come and go mostly at random. They have not worsened. I do however notice them more when I am relaxed at night & when I wake up in the morning.

I went in to have an EMG test done and was told that I have a demyelinating polyneuropathy & a conduction block in my leg where my sciatic nerve splits. They weren’t able to find the nerve at all. 3 different doctors performed the test and none were able to get a reading. They told me that based on the readings I should be completely paralyzed in one leg. Other than the symptoms above, I am fine and function normally at work & home. I haven’t lost any muscle strength - all motor skills are intact. I am a 31 year old in-shape male. They also told me they have never seen these test results in someone with a functioning leg.

I was sent to the hospital for a spinal tap to test my CSF & also get blood work done. The only abnormal results showed:

- EOS%: 4.2 (high)

- Total Protein CSF: 53 (high)

- Bedside Glucose: 153 (high)

- Carbon Dioxide: 3.2 (high)

I was diagnosed with CIDP (even though my symptoms don’t all line up with this disease) & sent home to wait for further test results. I know how quickly a neurological disease can escalate and am therefore reaching out for any potential solutions.

My 2 main questions are:

1) Has ANYONE ever seen a conduction block on a person who is not paralyzed.

2) Has anyone seen a similar illness presentation - if so what was the diagnosis & how was it treated?

Thank you SO much!

0 likes, 23 replies

23 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Got the medical history today... you were right about the Fluoroquinolone! I was given Levaquin. I actually stopped taking it because I noticed side effects - they have it listed under drug allergies now.
    • Posted

You don't need to take it for long to have problems with it. I was prescribed drugs from that family four times and each time I quickly stopped when I developed tendon problems. The other effects started much later. 

• Posted

The things I’m reading about this drug are sickening! It’s used for anthrax exposure, the plague & cancer patients. It has been deemed unsafe by the FDA & FDA has stated the risks outweigh the benefits for sinusitis or bronchitis cases. It’s supposed to be a last resort!!! Why would this guy prescribe this so easily with no warning. He also gave me the flu vaccine while I was taking this medication which is known to interact with heavy metals such as aluminum - an ingredient in flu vaccines. Thank you so much for your help!! I’m not sure I wouldn’t have made this connection without you. I will keep you posted. Follow up with neurologist on Friday and I am curious to see what he has to say about it. Going to fax these records over to him tomorrow. 

• Posted

The European Medicines Agency had an open conference in London in June with patients from all over the world giving their reports on the damage caused. Various doctors who are treating patients and investigating the drug gave their opinions. .

It is the cause of Gulf War Syndrome as troops were given it. It was also given to US Mailmen because of threats of anthrax in the post.

If you go to Youtube and put in European Medicines Agency (EMA) the conference should come up or I can send you a link to it. It lasts over four hours but you can watch it in parts. 

You will be fortunate if your neurologist is aware of this.

• Posted

I would love the link. Definitely something I will watch. Thank you! It’s so disturbing that they get away with crippling so many people by labeling it “medicine”. 
  • Posted

So here’s an update:

I went back to neurologist for my appointment. He didn’t seem to think it was related to the Levaquin (of course). I don’t understand how someone (especially a doctor) could rule it out so quickly. I understand being skeptical since there are no tests for it, but to not even mention it as an option baffles me - I had to bring it to his attention. I was a perfectly healthy 30 year old, took some prescription pills & now I’m experiencing their EXACT side effects. I don’t understand where the missing link is. Seems so straight forward and obvious to me. If someone eats a spoonful of poison and then dies, are you going say they died of an idiopathic medical condition? No, so why is this different? If it acts like a duck & quacks like a duck... guess what! Anyway, he wants me tested more for heavy metal, anti-MAG & one other I can’t remember. I will be floored if one comes back positive. Especially after reading through the side effects of these conditions (they don’t line up with my symptoms) and the rest of the hospital test results I got back from the neurologist. He referred me to a rheumatologist to get the tests done so I was happy about that. Was going to be my next step regardless. Hoping the rheumatologist will be more perceptive to Levaquin toxicity. In the meantime, I’m currently taking Vitamin B12, Vitamin D, probiotic, multivitamin, magnesium glycinate, CoQ10 & some essential oils (frankincense, myrrh & cilantro). I also am going to start swimming to try and get some gentle cardio in without aggrevating my tendons.  The last change I’ve made is my diet. Low cholesterol foods (lean meats & minimal dairy) while incorporating more organic foods. Particularly meats. I watched the video you recommended and it was really great. Thank you so much!! So much useful information! The one doctor who spoke about treatment options and knew a lot about Fluoroquinolone Toxicity Syndrome was great. Learned a lot from him. I have noticed that my brain fog and cold feet are occurring slightly less frequently lately. Hoping it’s a sign of good things to come.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.