My ex husband just commited suicide

Posted , 13 users are following.

Well, I'm back and this one through me a punch in the stomach that I wasn't expecting.

My ex husband and father of our 4 children hung himself yesterday. They are all so upset as am I.

I have stopped drinking since march 2017(1 year 5 months) but yesterday I almost gave myself permission to drink and my S.O. said that I could but I didn't. I did not want my kids to see me in that state. My ex was also an alcoholic and the kids have stopped associating with him because of his drinking. He was a very bad drunk. Drive and wreck cars, beat up his girlfriend and scarred the kids enough that even the littlest one said to him that until he stops drinking she is not going over to see him.

From what I understood he stopped (from what he said) for a year in June. But last time he called in July he sounded drunk.

Anyways, now I have 4 very upset children with no father and I feel like I do not have the right to cry because I left him 9 years ago because of his problems and threats.

I REALLY WANT THESE BOTTLES OF WINE RIGHT NOW!!!

I know that it will not fix anything and it will not make this go away or make my children better. I do not have anyone to really talk to. No real friends except my S.O. so I'm sorry for this long post but I really had to get it out there.

I'm sad.

4 likes, 19 replies

19 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi. Just an update. Back again and proud to say that I did not drink at all. I didn't break and so far so good.

Thanks to everyone of you that took the time to read this, comment and give me the support I needed to stay strong. I wish I could hug each and everyone one of you. 💗💗💗Sunday will mark 1 year 5 months sober smile

• Posted

You are so brave! Amazing how you coped in spite of the intensity and stress you have been through. We all salute you. One year and 5 months is totally amazing. We can all learn from your story and strength. 😀

• Posted

👏 totally and utterly from the bottom of my heart... well done!!! 

• Posted

Thumbs up to you for this.  That is willpower tested to the extreme.  Think you have this in the bag for good.  Soo well done.

Best to you and a hug smile x

G.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.