My Experience: hemorrhoid surgery 6 days after...

Posted , 30 users are following.

My name is Gary. I am 57 and have had problems with hemorrhoids for years. It was getting to where I was spending two weeks out of the month basicly ok due to constipation from opiate medication I have to take. Then one week where I use the prep H to push the roids back into place. Then often a week of just pain, stool softeners vs pain killers, and out of service.

I got refered to a surgeon recently and he said I had a bad case and set me up for surgery. They decided to do a colenistimy (colon probe. where I guess they pump you full of air and put a tube all the way up). I did not know that it was that extensive or I might of gone without it..at least not with this surgery.

I was told afterwards that I had some of the largest they had seen. Also the colen test showed some polups they had to burn out. They did not look cancerous.

I had trouble gettin cleaned out prior to surgery due to the pain and the opiates. As required I took 250 grams of miralax stool softener, 4 laxitives, and waited. I took them at 4 pm, had surgery lined up for 8:00 am with a 6:00am arrival. The drugs did not take effect until 1:00am so I was up until we had to leave for the hospital still on the tolite..and in severe pain.

I was still eliminating when we arrived. I was given a couple of ememas to use on myself. I couldnt hold them but they came out clear so they started the surgery, colen probe, and prostate exam.

I awoke after 2 hours of surgery. I was still under the anestisa (I was put out) and not in terriable pain. I got up and was able to urinate. I had packing in me and was told to go home, take a bath, and they would come out. I had terriable cramps and gut pain, prostate pain, and severe anus pain. I have lots of stitches down there.

I went home and ate a small bowl of cereal and some oatmeal...and waited. I drank a bunch of juice and water but could not urinate. I was leaking blood everywhere. I took several baths and finally the packing came out. I took stool softeners and drank a lot. Finally the first meal, or what was left over from before, came out in the bath. I didnt have a full bowel push because of the pain but a bunch of crap, in small strings, some packing, and a huge amount of blood came out. I would say a pint.

I ate some more: a bacon and cheese bagel, some oatmeal, and stool softeners. I drank a bunch. I also had to take a bunch of painkillers. One the  third day I had an involentary bowell push but came up empty. I couldnt take the pain. Blood was still coming out in drips all the time with a small amount of feces. I called the doctor and got more pain killers. I set up a plan last night to have a bowel movement this morning. I ate some more oatmeal after one day without food. I took several sleeping pills and some pain killers to stop the urge to have a bowel movement. I had to get up at 12:00am and take more pain killers to stop an early bowel urge which would come up with nothing as is my experience. I awoke at 7:00am, as planned, and held the pain killers aside. I forced a bowel movement and produced a large pile of soft serve sh*t which was full of blood. There was more to come but, now 6 days out, I was in too much pain to push again.

It becomes a real fight to live. I am addicted to painkillers from years of degenertive disk disease and arthrites due to an 80 foot fall in 89. I dont get my refill until the 13th which is 3 more days. I have enough for today. I have stayed away from the long acting pain killers unless I run out. I hope to pass more later today. I will probably try the same procedure.

Again, it is the sixth day, and I still cannot walk without using the furniture. I try and move around as much as possible. I have some blood a fecal leakage which I clean up each time with a bath or a soaking wet warm wash cloth. Then I fold a washcloth in half and put in between my swollen cheeks until dry. They shave you down there and the stubble that grows back is very painful to the opposite side. I have never felt such pain. Each day has been a little better except for the third in which I was worse. 

I would of still done the surgery if this all turns out ok. I will eat better, drink more, and do whatever I have to do to keep this from re-accuring.

If you dont hear from me I am ok... or really bad.

Good luck.

3 likes, 58 replies

58 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi Martyn. I can relate very well. Click on my avatar to read my experience of a double hemeroidectomy in June this year. Hopefully its humourous enough to make you smile a little. Sounds like you coud use a laugh! Best wishes
  • Posted

>

You would not believe that I used to be the pc admin over 30 pc's back in 2000 when I owned/ran a fairly large recycling business, but now, after 10 years without using a pc, I bought one two years ago. Upshot: I would love to read your experience but dont know what an avatar is. I clicked on the icon to the left but I got the same short post.

At any rate: an update. It is day 7. I have been up since 3:00am after trying the same procedure again. It had been 6 hours since I took opiates (3-4mg dilidud) so I should of been ok. She slept through it so I didnt get any help like before. I needed coffee and to borrow a cig for a couple of drags. I had to pee real bad...which if you can relax enough to pee then you will often have a bowel movement without too much push or an involentary one.

I was in a panic. I didnt want to miss a chance as I have since surgery eaten 1 bowell cereal, two bowls oatmeal, some strawberry softcake, three bowls of beans and hamhocks with cornbread, and two bagels with cheese (I know) and bacon. This has been spread out pretty much with day before yesterday eating nothing and yesterday eating little. I think I have passed only the first days cereal and oatmeal. Yesterday I had a small second bowell movement which might of covered a little more. This morning at 3:00am I had to pee really bad and awoke with a big urge to move air or more. I needed to pee first but couldnt due to no coffee. I had one foot in warm water in the bath and one one a cold floor. I was freaking out. I tried pushing and it felt like a solid one which I couldnt pass or would have trouble in normal circumstances.

I administered an enema on the cold floor (I havent been able to go outside yet and light the pilot light and it is like 25 here). I couldnt hold it long enough and it came out clear. I think if I try this again I will try and get one of those type that hang on the wall...

At anyrate it forced me to push real hard which brings on those 10" knife pains for the next hour or two. Nothing... Devestated. Intense Pain... Withdraw. Took my fast acting pain med to stop the urge since I could do nothing about it and so I could pee - at least. An hour later or so, three cups coffee (I made some), cleaning my psychotic son's bathroom who thankfully is at the state hospital this month, I peed, and that was good. I am now going to wait until near noon, without pain killers, start moving around alot, then take an enema and wait, facing east and up, as long as I can.

Other changes: The anal leakage has reduced considerable by late yesterday afternoon. Occasional fart without cleanup. Bleeding, which has been continual from the stitches, has slowed by 50% since yesterday. A wash cloth full after the pushing this am but it stopped after the first cleanup.

Discusting talk, I know, but it is real and I hope what others in this condition want to hear if going through the same.

Again - I had a full hemorrohidicamy a week ago with a colonistimamy (exam where they blow air into you and probe you) where they burned out three large polyps. The surgery was nearly 3 hours and was told the hemorrohids were among the largest he had ever seen (what does this guy think of when he cuts a bite of steak? - probably cash). The must of shot the area around my anus with either locals, antibiotics, or something. Seven days out and there is still swelling and blackness. It feels like fluid under the skin and it moves around as far as my hip bone if I am sleeping on that side. It always resettles in the cheeks on both sides of the surgery. I know part of it was local since I did not feel much pain down there until the next day. In fact I was in the bath that night trying to figure out this now unfamilar territory. The area was still numb and I was trying to dig out what I though was packing....my wife took away the fork and yelled at me.

This has been pretty dry so I will tell you a story, a hemorrhoid story: Once, on my 13th wedding aniversery 15 years ago, my wife and I went to Florida. We had a coke habit at the time, along with the opiates. We were driving 1200 miles and hadnt slept for 7 days. We only made it 50 miles, slept, woke up and could not stay awake so we picked up the first hitchhiker that had a drivers license. He was going to Jersey but we were rich then and told him if he drove our new suburban and us to florida we would buy him a plane or bus ticket and cash to where he was going. He was up for it and we made it to Florida. We got him a room in FT. Liquordale just off shore and we got a room on the beach. We bought two ozs of coke and spent the week in the motel. We notified our driver and told him if he stayed, and drove the suburban back by himself in a few days we would give a credit card to use and fly him home from there as we were going to fly back because my hemorroids were so bad (see, its a hemorroid story). He agreed. High on coke and pain pills we were making lots of love, and after a terriable fight before we left home it was great sex. The roids were really, really, bothering me. As high as I was I took out my knife and started cutting them trying to let out the blood so they would shrink. They bleed and it hurt bad, so I took a handfull of coke and packed it in my ass...

.... we made love for 9 hours straight. I was the greatest, most beautiful, most kinky, love we have ever made. That thing about having an erection too long is true - it is a bad thing. I felt it pop once that day but didnt have any problems. Later when we had flown home and found our driver/hitchhiker safe and sound (with the 1.5 oz of coke hidden in the car without his knowledge). That pop happened again during a marathon sex session and it broke. The upshot was I lost a couple of inches, got a bulge of penis at the base, and it took a lot of masterbation to get past the pain of ejactuation. The silver lining was that urination felt like an orgasim for as long as I peed. It was pure heaven.

Our driver/hitchhiker stayed with us for a while at one of our houses and was even our driver for a while until the drug fueled aniversary ended a few months later. He quit work, which was about time, married, and as far as I know still lives in the area.

So, there is a short term 200.00 fix with benefits... just remember to pour water on it after 4 hours.

Gary

• Posted

> It has been over a decade but the wife and I used to go to south florida every year. In the Ft. Liquordale (lauderdale) area, along the beach, they used to have dozens and dozens of cheap motels built in the 50's. They had them along the beach for like 50-60 a night and just down the street, perpendictular to the beach, they had really cheap ones. My last trip there was only a very few of the old 3-4 story '50's motels on the beach but plenty of the cheap ones just a block from the beach. The beach front was being filled with highrise, high dollar, hotels. I had a quarter oz of coke in the wall of the room I had rented and left it there for the next trip but I am sure they  tore it down by now. The last room we got was on the beach and built like an apartment with a kitchen. It was a little newer. I had to leave to other one because even though I had gone down there to get extra oxyconin from a friend/dealer I witnessed a sale of an oz of coke that sold for 500.00. I hadnt done coke since a problem 20 years earlier, where I got sick of it and quit, leaving KC for several years. The large number of people in the room had been taken notice of from the staff and I began to get paranoid. After everyone had left I was alone with 100 oxy eighties and an oz of coke. I paid 700.00 for the 95% pure. The 500.00 oz was 85%. I had tried some while there alone, after 20 years and after smoking some pot which I had given up too. The coke left me feeling just like I did when I did it last 20 years earlier - paranoid, sick, and feeling like I just might die. I got a knock at the door but didnt answer it. Soon after I heard keys in the lock and in came a male maid or maintaince guy, looking left to right. I told him to leave and was left feeling sure that I was going to get raided by either the police or a bunch of junkies. That was on the third floor of the 50's hotel. I first hid everything, then thought twice and just left the place for another place on the Harley I usually rent when we go there. This was the place with the kitchen. I kept trying the coke and spent the night trying to pack the coke in a safe way to get home on a jet. I had bought some large candles in glass. I carved them out half way, put in the coke in cardboard tobacco containers, the melted the wax I had taken out and poured it back in. They looked good. We were too afraid (paranoid) to leave so we ended up opening two of the five candles to get more coke. We had been up several nights but took the bike out for a ride for the day anyway. My wife couldnt stay awake so I had to take a rope and tie her to me so wouldnt fall off. I would of lost her twice if not for the rope. Once her head was about 2 feet off the ground. We spent half the day trying to find our way back. We got lost in a bad part of town. I did find the bike dealership where i had rented the fat bob. We set up our get away by renting a car next to the airport and driving back to the second motel to wait for the next am. We had opened another candle and did coke and pills through out the night. They kept calling to get us out the next morning and we kept trying to do up the rest of the coke we didnt have packed. Finally, while the taxi was honking out front, we were two hours past check out, I took the case of drinking water we had bought and just poured the last of the coke into 3 of the 24 bottles. Since it was pure, and i got the caps back on good you couldnt tell the difference. I only had a corner of the plastic tore from the case so I fished out most of the bottles and put the ones with coke in the middle under the plastic then replace the rest - still leaving 23 bottles of water. The 2 remaining candles were in my loaded luggage. The water would ride on our lap. We got in the taxi for the car rental place near the airport. We kept a little coke out for the ride back to do in the car. We had some time so we rented the second car, leaving the other abandoned with a phone call, and drove around doing shots. My wife was having trouble getting a vein so she had to drop her pants to work on her leg. We hit a road block vehicle check while her pants were down and she was working on a shot. She kept working franticly to get the shot, and did, just as we were the next to be questioned. She dropped the used syringe between the seats with the dozen or so others and kept the opened atlas over her lap. I was doing a good job of talking to the officier. I had found the receipt for the bike rental and showed it to him; told him we were looking for the car rental place so we could catch our plane. I had us out of there after he had given me directions but then the wife got real chatty (having just taken some coke). She started asking about what the stops were for (were they for coke mules?), small talk about south Florida winters, etc. Rather that suspisious he got bored and just waved us on.

We dropped the car and had walked half the 10 blocs to the airport when I remembered I had not cleaned the car out. It was full of used needles. We ran back and got to the car just as it was in line for a clean out. I was able to get the car back, pull it out of line to get what I said was a lost item or two. They were standing near by to take the car back for the cleanup line so I had to stick loose needles, caps, bloodly tolite paper, etc. into my socks. They were sticking me but I must of got them all. We walked away with me in considerable pain from the exposed needles in my sock. A block away we ditched them and had to run to the airport. We were carrying our luggage, the case of water, and some loose stuff. We made up a couple of syringes for the airport while we waited and another for the airplane bathroom. This was the '90's so taking this into the airport, late for a plane, was not too much a big deal.

The upshot was that we made it

It has been 10 days now and this was when I was told the problem would be pretty much over. I am on medicare so the after care was non-existent. I was released 30 minutes after I awoke from a 2.5 hour surgery where they did a hemerrhoiditimy x2, a prostate exam, and a colonistipy (where they pump you full of air and inspect your colon) They found 4 fairly large polyps and burned them off. They then, evidently, put a dozen or more shots of local killer all around the area they operated on. That was how they were able to get me to walk out of there. They told me to get in the tub when I got home and the packing they had put in my butt would come out. I knew some packing, maybe all of it, had come out at the hospital when I took my first urination. When I got in the tub I was frantic to get packing out (that was not there). My wife fortunatly took the fork away from me. I could feel down there and it was very unfamiliar to what I had been used to feeling down there when I was in pain. What I felt and saw in a little 2x4" makeup mirror was a shaved anal area with swollen areas from my anus to my hips. I was digging at what looked to be a white packing the size of a tampon ... it was just the sides of my crack. The must of shot a bunch of liquid painkiller around my anus. It has been 10 days now and about 1/2 has finally absorbed, but the whole area just hangs there like a water balloon. When I try and sleep on my side it drifts to the gravity and has caused bruising on both hips. I had to have my wife help with an enema on the third day or so and she told be my whole butt was black, my scrotum was black, my prostate area was black, and which every side I slept on would be dark with blood settling

I have that extra problem with being addicted to pain killers since 89 when I fell from an eighty foot or so cliff (drunk off my ass).

I have been in a vicious cycle of drinking diet Dr. Pepper, water, and juice with metalax plus a stool softener pill, forcing a small stringy dump, around what feels like is a blockage from the two bagels with cheese and bacon I ate after my first bowel movement on the third or forth day. I feel like what I have eaten since then, pinto beans and hamhocks w/cornbread, oatmeal, and bran cereal, out around the blockage. I just cant push out anything bigger than those stringy pieces of crap. I dont want to push hard because it causes knife (12") feelings up my ass (sharp pains every 15-20 minutes) after a hard push. It might be from the removed polyps.

I feel like this has been a real stuggle for life. While you often have a surgery and just have to lay back and relace a day or three in the hospital to get better in this case you have to force yourself to get up, move around, force the pain, or die. My wife keeps asking me go go bck to the hospital but i tell her they are just going to ask me to do the same and the added stress of an alien enviourment is not what i need.

My stratedgy of eating little, puttin off the bowel movements with pain killers until it does not hurt so hard to push, has worked out. Today I can push without the kind of pain which puts me in despire and I have to take more pain killers...

One weird side effect of this surgery, and your vision of getting kicked between the legs with an army boot works well, is that my prostate feels tickelish and I keep getting unprovioked erections all day long. I have tried masturbating to shake up the feces, and that works, but unless I have vaginal orgasim with my wife I cannot have a full orgasim. A backed up orgasim is very painfull.

Chafing between the cheeks, to be avoided, has been done with cleaning up with a warm wet washcloth (soaked and just pushed into place while I staddle the tub), then folding a soft washcloth in half and holding it between my swollen cheeks until dry. I then put a small amount of vasoline in the crack to help with the hair stubs growing back and the many, many, stitches. It also makes cleanup easier after a movement.

Thanks for the input, hope you enjoy the stories of this other trip...I got a million of them. Gary

• Posted

They've done a full number on you there Gary! The addiction thing is a killer and body parts going black dont sound too hot either. Me too thought the op was gonna be like any other and that all I had to do was chill out and wait a few days. Little did I know I'd be flat out for 4 weeks and bleeding for another 6. One of the last worst case scenarios was going for a dump in a prestigous art sales venue and opting for the disabled loo without realising the lock was broken. I got in to trouble and started clawing my turd out with a finger. It was dry like clay and before I knew it I tore my skin and my hand was covered in blood and feaeces. All the while I'm ther with my pants done grappling with scooping poo while there was a risk that some unsuspecting baby changing mother or dude in a chair would role in because the latch wouldnt work. My poop was all dry as I had not been drinking enough water. So if youre taking stool softeners you gotta drink at least 2.5 litres a day. Anyway no one came in but my fingers stank for ages and I had to cut my nails back to the quick to get rid of the smell! 

Regards pain managements I had a THC vaporizer arrive the day of the op and I used it like an aqualung from day one. That was weird the first bag just switched off the pain and I soon started chatting to the wife with comments like "phew I'm glad thats over blah blah and put a bit more in would you!". Then it would hit me like a train again and I go nuts with the pain, strip off and get in a steaming bath and direct a jet of water over my pereneum. You saw my walk thru. I used the vape solid and by the end I got tired of it. After coming to the relaisation that pain was possibly the result of sound vibrations emanating from lots of tiny nuclear reactions as the molecules in my body bound back together. And that life still exists in the gaps between atoms and that when you die you simply decompose to such a small degree that you fall between atoms and in to  the territory of Higgs Bosons and such like. This what some Buddhists call the state of Ku. Man I was stoned. Glad I got better I dont know how much more I could have taken - of the pain and of the bags of THC. Also my wife kind of freaked when I curled an 18" poop out after 5 days! 

• Posted

Good post. I remember the clawing stage. It is really a frantic thing. This was well before any surgery. I have learned, that as an opiate/chronic pain/addict, that a stool softener daily is a necessity.

Since this surgery I have been taking a little extra stool softener. It has been around 21 days now and I am having a bowel movement a day but there is no way they would get out except for the stool softeners. I have to do some pushing because my anus just wont open anymore than a cigarette's thickness. So I push out all I can and that is that. Finally getting some dry farts. I put a little vasoline in the crack of my ass as this makes it a lot easier to wipe afterwards and also has stopped the chafing or rash. It works better than walking around with a folded up wash cloth between my cheeks.

I had the first meeting with my surgeon 3 days ago. He said all my problems were due to swelling, even the problem I mentioned about the spontanous erections I was getting and then the pain I had when I brought on to a climax. I think he might of f*cked something up.

Unlike other surgeries I have been through, where you just relax and recover, this is a fight for your life type recovery. I am getting back to my regular opiate intake of 5 x 4mg daily. I was used to sleeping through the night but since the surgery I have had to get up during the night to pee or an urge to crap. I used the extra opiates the surgeon perscribed me and would take them at 1:00 am either after a bowel movement or to before to put off a bowel movement. Either way I got up to 10 a day there for a while.

I liked your thoughts while you were high. I believe there are multiple realities; from the one you live in to many others we will never comprehend. I like to think that after this life we go back to a collective self-awareness where time has little meaning and from where we make the choice to live another mortal life. I believe there is an evolutionary process going on from life to life.

You have a good life rob42298, keep your mind open, for it is all magic but also our choices are important.

Gary

• Posted

Hi Rob,

I just had surgery for hemmorhoids and fissures 2 weeks ago.

There has been some improvement in pain, however today I was out flat, could not move from bed.

How long did your pain last?

I am taking Ibuprofane and THC (Which really works.

Also have chafing between the cheeks, and I will try the vasoline idea. I like what Marty wrote about hairs growing, no one mentions that...

• Posted

not sure why you felt the need to tell use about the sex..partying and a hitchhiker..but somehow I do not thing that all helped..with hemorrhoids...odd
  • Posted

Listen mate im going through the same thing, hang on in there marty your a hero. try to take your painkillers at the same time every day you,ll get a blanket affect it might help a little .good luck mate .why dont you post and tell us how your doing? From a partner in pain
  • Posted

Hey, I'm 17, and I recently got a hemorhoids surgery for internal hemorrhoids and it has been an utter nightmare. I got my procedure done on July 28 and it is is now September 28 and I'm still in freaking hell. I had small inner hemrroihds but now I have a giant lump on the side of my anus and my entire anus protrudes and constantly feels wet. This is awful. I told my surgeon about this and he told me to just wait and don't come back since he's done the best he could. This is a hefty price to pay for getting two tiny internal hemorrhoids removed. I just want to die, I'm only 17 and this feels like the end. My underwear is constantly wet and I'm in constant pain. Will my anus go back to normal or am I going to have to opt for a stoma eventually? Thank you to anyone who replies.

• Posted

Hi - just wondered how your recovery is going? Like you I've developed a lump at the side. It started off as a skin tag but has since swollen up. I'm pretty convinced it's a hemorrhoid & I'm not impressed if it is.

What was the outcome of yours - did it go down? Was it a skin tag or hemorrhoid?

I'm off to see my GP tomorrow as the pain is really affecting my mental health. I think if I didn't have this lump/hemorrhoid I'd be feeling great - although b/m are still slightly painful - but again I think it's this lump that's inflamed.

Carl

• Posted

Hey, I'm pretty certain this lump I have is a hemorrhoid and it hasn't gone down. It's become incredibly painful and an eye sore. Im not going to go back for anymore surgical procedures. I greatly regret the hemorrhoidectomy i had three months ago.

Raj

• Posted

Hi Raj

I had a skin tag on the side that has become swollen & large and a smaller one at the back. I went to my GP inn fri who thinks it's a hemorrhoid!!! Wtf.

It is SO painful. I've been prescribed some gel & suppositories. The pain has subsided (I can now sit) & also b/m is much easier.

Thankfulfully im healing better down there, but from what I'm seeing, I'm still worse off than having the operation & im not impressed!! I have been feeling so down about it, it really takes its toll on your physical & mental health.

If you've not done so already, go back your GP or if you have anything in like Anusol, may put that on to help until you get advice. Good luck.

• Posted

Raj63801

I hope you feeling better but I found that wearing Always with wings helped a great deal to help with the dampness. I am only at 2 weeks but I found smoothies help alit and the site baths are the best I was in horrible pain after one bowel movement and immediately got in the bath with cold water... Cold as I could stand a wow Wat a relief. Also I was told to take a Tylenol extra strength along with an Ibubripin dies really help along with my pain med.., I also found eating my vegetable and fruit

Along with Metamucil after a meal... ..,alo I learned from someone up above is when going potty, stand, and bend your knees do not sit on toilet will slide right out... Wow Wat a freakin God sent this person is/was... Think I will always go potty this way... I have t seen so much in the toilet since I don't know when... She was truly an angel up post this..also use baby wipes to clean area. Also immediately soak in a sitz bath to keep area clean. And no lifting and take it easy... Eat smart or we will pay for it

• Posted

Raj are u alright now...im having same problem plz plz help can we talk about this
    • Posted

Im glad to hear im not alone.

I had hemroids the second week come out after this god forbidding surgery.. It didnt work with me either.. Its been a month now. Still in a lot of pain Cant tell if it's on the inside or outside have no idea if im even healing.

Im in pain daily after every bm.

Is this what its gonna be for the rest of my life???

• Posted

Its now a month.

In the same boat as Raj.

How r you doing?

• Posted

How are you now after surgery ? After suffering for 5 weeks with thrombosed hemorrid and numerous fissures, I prolapsed week last Sunday after a BM and had surgery last friday. Was in hospital for 4 days and begged for something to make be go the loo as I'd been warned how bad the pain after surgery would be. Well didn't get anything. On the Saturday day after surgery I felt sore but thought how lucky am I, that pain of 5 weeks has gone. Yeah well I had no idea what was in store for me. Had a BM Saturday night and the pain was excruciating, I wanted to die. Shaking with it. There was blood everywhere and totally felt horrendous. Keeping on top of stool softners hoping I'd be better next BM. No. Went the loo today same as Saturday. Will I be like this for the rest of my life as there no improvement. Just no quality of life, plus I'm constantly walking like a 100 year old. Any advice would be gladly appreciated

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.