my fluoxetine journey

Posted , 14 users are following.

I started these tablets 3 days ago now 20 mg and i just thought i would start a post mainly for myself so i can see my progress and if i can help others who start them in the future too.

So i take the tablet early in the morning as i read on here you can suffer with being kept awake at night as one of the side of effects and best to take in the morning. This for me is defo true as last night and night before i was up very late. So i cant imagine how late i would of been up if i had took them any later.

When i first take them after a couple of hours i start to feel weird , light headed, sick and very very tired. 

Due to being of sick at the moment i am very lucky i dont have to work as i have just been going to bed and trying to sleep it of. When i wake up i do generally feel better. But then come later on coming up to evening time i start to feel really weird in myself and its such a horrible feeling and my anxiety is very high at the moment and i have lost my appetite.

And my head just feels really fuzzy its weird to explain

But i am going to ride it out and will up date this in a week or so's time and share my experience and anything i find out that helps on here too.

I have bought so chamomile tea for night time to drink to help me sleep.

Im also going to be having one on one counselling soon as well

Really looking forward to see how i feel in the next 6 weeks or so too see if there is any changes. 

And would be amazing to read back through these to see them and how far i have come

As i have literally only left my house twice in the last month and shut myself of from the world and not in a good place.

I was really not wanting to take medication but its gotten that bad, i cant fight this on my own and if i need it to help me get better then thats ok. Even though i feel  100 times worse right now

But heres to the next few weeks 

And i hope that anyone whose going through this experience get feeling better soon 

Feel free to share any experiences or things that can help x

0 likes, 39 replies

39 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Hi Guys, 

Well day 6 for me, I’m actually doing quite well, must be because the flux was still I. My system ( hummmmmm) I do have a sinus problem so may be hiding the headaches, as been getting them, bern feeling s little tired, but other wise okay....thinking of you all X 

• Posted

So just thought i would give everyone an update....

I think im through the worse of it (yay) Ive woken up this morning no headache , ive had breakie and dinner smile and ive even done some cleaning.

Yesterday was a bad day headache all day but i just rode it out and reminded myself its just the side effects of the tablets. 

I still feel a little weird in myself but overall from how i was feeling at the beginning of the week im feeling way way better.

Im on day 8 now smile still way to go i know but i do feel theres been progress made already

Im still taking the tablet at night now i take it around 8:30. Before that i have a camomile tea then another one before bed. For me i really feel the tea does help it really relaxes me and helps me sleep.

I even woke up this morning and usually i wake up and dont want to get out of bed. But i just got up , i didnt want to stay in bed (which is not like me)

Really looking forward to see my progress and soon start getting out the house again.

Havent heard anything back yet from the one to one counselling but i was told it can take up to 2 weeks 

I have also found a mindfulness class so once i am feeling better and able to leave the house i am going to go to them also.

Im just so happy to be feeling so much better as i really feel like ive had the longest week of my life lol at some points i was really worried for myself

But thanks to everyone on this site who has been so amazing an supportive its really helped me get through them horrible side effects. Just looking forward to the next couple of months now to see if these tablets really work for me. And im going to really push myself aswell , even if its things i dont want to do. I think i thought to start of with i could just take the medication and ill get better. But they only play a part in helping me , ive still got to push myself really hard there not going to just work on there own.

I wish everyone a good weekend and i hope your all doing ok. 

xxx

p.s. so sorry for my bad grammar and spelling too x x x 

• Posted

Hello Im glad I found these posts. I am on day 4 of taking Prozac and I feel absolutely terrible. I feel very confused and just odd I can’t even explain it. I also have headaches & nausea. It has happened the last two evenings but I’m semi okay during the day. Is there anything you all know of to make this better? Is this common? 

thank you xo

• Posted

Hey Kamme smile

Thats exactly how i felt try hang in there. For me i found that my side effects came few hours later after taking the pill so i started taking it at night time.

But it effects everyone different from what i have read on here. 

But everything you are experiencing thats what i had the last side effect that went for me was the headaches.

The feeling very odd and confused was the hardest bit i found and caused me to panic as i just didnt feel me. But coming on here each day and speaking to people really helped and just had to keep reminding myself its going to pass.

I hope you feel better soon

Keep us all posted on your journey 

x x x 

• Posted

Good morning All, not feeling too good, no physical side effects really, had a little anxiety, mentally feeling down tearful, and thinking a lot of  negative things, last night wasn’t easy......welll this is the meds doing their thing! Keep  reminding myself “ your not getting worse” this is the meds “ just want to get better ASAP been like this for too long I’m sooooooo tired...

X

• Posted

Hey Angie 

So sorry your not feeling good , but your doing the right thing trying to keep positive. Thats what i kept doing was reminding myself it was the meds.

I know i have mentioned this alot on my posts but i really feel , well for me anyway it has helped. Try get some camomile tea if you can makesure its caffiene free one. And have a cup of it before bed , i have 2 one around 7 when i take me tablet then another just before bed.

I read up on the internet and it helps you sleep also its good for anxiety and depression.

And when i first started taking my pills at night i couldnt sleep , anxiety was so bad from the meds. Then i got some of that drank it at night and it really has helped me.

Its natural as well , its worth a try 

Try stay positive you and i hope you feel better soon x x 

• Posted

Just an update on how everything is going 

So i am on day 16 now smile Im feeling so much better. Not yesterday but the day before i did have a bad day. But i tried not to think about it too much and reminded myself that you will always get bad days reguardless and thats ok.

I have finally been out the house twice as well in one week. Which is a big step from twice in a month.

I cant express how different it is to have more energy and want to get out of bed in the mornings its crazy.

Also the whole numb and emotionless feeling i had with taking the tablets at the start has gone now too which is good.

Sleep the past couple of days has been abit hard though. 

And i dont know if anyone else has experienced this but im constantly hungry all the time rolleyes Sometimes after ive eaten i get that stomach feeling like when its empty and grumbly.

O and i have the shakes alittle bit sometimes aswell

But apart from that everything is slowly getting better (touchwood)

Hows everyone else doing ? 

• Posted

Hi kate, im on day 23 now.

Sleep is ok. 2 wakeups during the night but I could get back to sleep

Body a bit shaky sometimes

Backpain was none last week but yesterday and today I got a bit.

Energy level ok able to go to office and function normal

Obsessive thoughts about negative things sometimes but not as much as before

• Posted

Urghhhhh i feel like i have done a massive uturn 

Sleeping is becoming abit of a problem at the moment not even my camomile tea is helping sad

And even when i do sleep its not properly i keep waking up.

If it carrys on i will go to the doctors and see if i can have something to help aid with sleep. Just so i can at least get a couple of good nights sleep.

I tryed to have a nap in the day time yesterday but it was impossible its like im tired but my brain is wide awake.

I wonder if the lack of sleep is making me feel worse as when i was sleeping well before i was feeling really good.

Also experienced some anxiety yesterday aswell and abit more at night time

i really had enjoyed the past couple of days and was feeling so positive about this all and i feel like im heading back to square one

• Posted

More wake ups for me as well.... Last night ... 3 times ....

My effective sleeping time is 5 hrs only ...

I take clonazepam for better sleep.

My anxiety this week is triggered by worries that my mind will be going crazy again.

I think I need some counseling therapy. sad

• Posted

Thats the same as me peter round 4/5 hours sleep

Do you have the shakes still?

Its just come on since yesterday and today it feels worse i am really struggling today and i just feel really crap

I spoke way too soon but i was just so excited to be feeling the way i was knew it might of been to good to be true

my hands are quite shakey that when i pick a cup up you can really notice it.

Will see how it is in a couple of days time and if it gets any worse will ring the doctor

Counselling is a good idea though. Im having that , im just waiting to hear back from them 

hope your feeling better soon peter

• Posted

Urghhhhh literally feeling the worse ever today and im not even sure whats happened.

Ive got the sweats , shakes and im just in need of a good nights sleep so bad.

I had quite bad anxiety earlier on aswell and this morning when i woke up i just felt really really depressed.

im definately going to go the doctors tomorrow to see if i could have something to help me sleep. I might feel better maybe if i had some decent sleep. As i find even when i am sleeping its not proper sleep either. 

And i have been experiencing moments of that lost feeling like i did at the beginning too.

Sorry to go on guys but for some reason writing it out on here helps me and im kind of using it as a diary so i can see my progress too.

I really hope everyone is doing ok try stay positive even though i know that can be quite difficult at times x x x 

• Posted

I took half tablet of quetiapine 10mg last night and slept like a baby for 7 hours no wakeups at way until 7am in the morning. My anxiety has gone down a bit today. God bless.

• Posted

So just popped on for a quick update.

I have now been on Flux for 33 days smile And this is the best i have felt in a long long time. I wish i had gone to the doctors sooner for help.

The shakes have completely gone which i was suffering with quite bad. My anxiety is next to nothing , but i do get the odd moments sometimes at night in bed but i can control it.

My sleeping is nearly back to normal too thank god smile i do get the odd night sometimes where its a struggle but instead of stressing about it i now get up and do something until i feel tired again.

The energy i have from these tablets is a complete life changer , i can even focus on doing things now too. I am doing more things and wanting to do them and enjoying them also. 

I have my first counselling session next weds too which im really looking forward too. 

I have even left the house and gone shopping too. And tomorrow i am off trick or treating with my niece. Where as if this was a month ago there is noway i would of been able to of left the house.

To get to this place where i am now , and i know i still have along way way to go. But the journey hasnt been easy , theres been times when i really just felt like giving up and nothing was going to work. Im so glad i hung in there though as it was all really worth it. And im actually excited for the next couple of months to see how i progress and do my counselling and mindfulness. 

How is everyone else doing ? i hope your all ok and keeping positive

Will update again in a couple of weeks time after i have had my counselling.

Keep positive and stay strong everyone. 

much love  x x x 

• Posted

HI kate,

Really glad you're doing so well and stuck with the Prozac smile

Just wondering what dose are you on and was this your first med?

Hope things continue improving smile xx

• Posted

Hi kate you sound like your doung amazing l am also wondering what dose your on? I am only taking 10mg as i was worried about side effects because this was the third ssri i has tried. I couldnt take sertraline or citalopram because if side effects.  I am on day 11. Side effects are getting better but i an still having low days. I am wondering if to increase or wait a few more weeks xxx
    • Posted

Hey star i am on 20 mg and i will stay on this unless anything changes. My side effects were really bad to start with and they did kind of go away and then come back as really weird. Yesterday i had a really low day and i think it may of seemed lower than usual because i have been having really great days which i have not been used too. But i had anxiety quite bad all day and just generally felt a little weird , i hadnt slept that well that night either. So im not sure if that my of had a part with it. But today ive got up been out for a power walk , the weather is so good aswell esp for this time of year and im feeling good again.

I think its just a matter of reminding myself even people who dont suffer with depression and anxiety they still get bad days. Its just learning to cope with it and handle them better. Which im hoping my counselling will help me when i start it next weds.

How are you feeling now on them ? I hope your feeling better than you was when you wrote me. Im not a doctor and the tablets work in different ways for everybody i think. But that question your thinking "should i increase or wait a few more weeks" thats the exact same thing i was asking myself. And i decided to wait as i read on here loads that it takes a good 4-6 weeks for the medication to take effect and some even up to 3 months i had read. But i waited out and it got better , personally its down to what you feel is right with you and talking to your GP.

What side effects are you getting ? 

Sending u love x x x 

• Posted

Hey smile

Im really glad too and thank you for helping me stick with it. I did have a bad day yesterday and i think it felt super bad because i have been having great day. But thankfully i woke up today feeling good again and will make the most of it.

How are you doing ? 

and yes its my first i am on 20 mg 

Hope your well x x x 

• Posted

Hey lovely. Im glad u are feeling better. I was taking 10mg and now taking about 12.5 i would say. Since i have increased the nausea is awful and i have terrible palpitations and a slow heart rate which is scaring me i am going to go to the dr next week to get my blood preasure checked and c if they can send me for some tests on my heart. Did u have that symptom at all xxx
    • Posted

Brilliant news. I feel very similar...been on it now about 3 months and before would barely have left the house but now it's not really a problem. I love this stuff! Good for you! Hope it stays great for you x 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.