my fluoxetine journey

Posted , 14 users are following.

I started these tablets 3 days ago now 20 mg and i just thought i would start a post mainly for myself so i can see my progress and if i can help others who start them in the future too.

So i take the tablet early in the morning as i read on here you can suffer with being kept awake at night as one of the side of effects and best to take in the morning. This for me is defo true as last night and night before i was up very late. So i cant imagine how late i would of been up if i had took them any later.

When i first take them after a couple of hours i start to feel weird , light headed, sick and very very tired. 

Due to being of sick at the moment i am very lucky i dont have to work as i have just been going to bed and trying to sleep it of. When i wake up i do generally feel better. But then come later on coming up to evening time i start to feel really weird in myself and its such a horrible feeling and my anxiety is very high at the moment and i have lost my appetite.

And my head just feels really fuzzy its weird to explain

But i am going to ride it out and will up date this in a week or so's time and share my experience and anything i find out that helps on here too.

I have bought so chamomile tea for night time to drink to help me sleep.

Im also going to be having one on one counselling soon as well

Really looking forward to see how i feel in the next 6 weeks or so too see if there is any changes. 

And would be amazing to read back through these to see them and how far i have come

As i have literally only left my house twice in the last month and shut myself of from the world and not in a good place.

I was really not wanting to take medication but its gotten that bad, i cant fight this on my own and if i need it to help me get better then thats ok. Even though i feel  100 times worse right now

But heres to the next few weeks 

And i hope that anyone whose going through this experience get feeling better soon 

Feel free to share any experiences or things that can help x

0 likes, 39 replies

39 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I am on day 12 at 20mg and suffer with sweats at night, and recently a headache behind my left eye. I take my pill first thing in the morning, but by 7/8pm experience restless legs, which is annoying. I see my doctor in a few days, and am determined to ride out these first few months. I isolate a lot, and don’t connect with my recovery friends. My sponsor tells me I am slacking on my 12 step program, which has caused my depression
  • Posted

Hey guys 

Firstly i would like to apologise for not being on here and late replies to you all

I hope everyone is doing better than they was and if your not do not give up hope because you will

Ill try and keep this as short as i can 

Ok so whilst being on the 20mg i had good weeks then the odd bad day here and there few weeks leading up to christmas i had started getting more and more bad days feeling really really tired. Just basically going back to the way i was before , doesnt really help considering i have alot of other things going on in my life either. Which could be the cause of part of it aswell . I had completely lost motivation for everything again and just felt so sad and down that i was feeling this way.

So i went to my doctor and he suggested trying a different antidepressant ????? even though i was only 20mg and it worked good for me at the start. I wasnt really happy with his answer , personally myself i dont think the doctors in the uk ( well mine anyway) are that educated in antidepressants. I have found out so much information on them of this site and its whats helped me the most.

So i asked to up my dose instead of changing and to see how i go with that before i make any big changes.

I upped my dose to 40mg and honestly for me its the best thing ever i feel even better than what i did before. Im currently working on myself so hard to be the best version of me. I have changed my life style also , it isnt easy at all and i do get the s****y days but i embrace them rather than get myself down about it. But thats pretty normal to have s**t days i think its life.

When i first went up to 40mg i had few days where i spent in bed and felt abit ill but apart from that its been fine.

Its now my third week and i actually feel fantastic. And i hope it continues this way , im slowly getting my social life back on track and sorting things out that i have avoided for so long which now i can as im in a better head space.

Ive switched soaps for books, educating myself on nutrition and fitness. As this really does play a big part on our overall mental state. Its just getting ourselves into it and started is the hardest part and bit we need to over come.

I went to the mindfulness therapy personally for me i didnt think it was that good. I felt it was very scripted and like the lady would of said the exact same thing to the person after me. I just feel everyone has different causes of anxiety / depression and how they go about it isnt for me. Which doesnt mean to say it isnt for other people as were all different this is just in my opinion. 

What for me has worked for is workshop mindfulness classes which i found in my area.

I practise meditation and gratitude everyday 

And im currently reading the secret ( which if you havent read it is a must read)

Also i read Mindfulness plain & simple by Oli Doyle very very good

I still drink my camomile tea religiously as i do believe this really helps with my sleep and helps me to have a better quality of sleep.

Still get some bad nights where i wake up alot but its very few and also what i do experience sometimes is mad crazy dreams. From which i read on here it can be from the medication .

But right now i am in the best place i have ever been. Im working out most days dressed hair done make up on. When i look in the mirror i hardly recognise myself from how i was last year.

Still lots of progress that needs to be done and i am working really hard on myself and pushing myself also

I also have this really cool journal thing i have done which i downloaded free from the internet that helps you stay focused and do little goals and tasks each week. If anyone would like me to send it them please inbox me there email and i can send it to them.

But yep its been a crazy emotional rollercoaster and im finally starting to see some proper light

I just thought id update anyway as i find on here we all see to mention about the bad and not many people post the good outcomes

sending you all love guys

and remember you are stronger than you think

depression / anxiety is an illness be patient things will get better

x

• Posted

* sorry not mindfulness therapy , its mind therapy that the doctor puts you intouch with 
  • Posted

Hii Kate

Iam taking fluoxetene from last 15 days now from last two days there is a fluctuating change . Sometimes good and sometimes bad

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.