My friend woke up with meno symptoms . is it terrible that I’m happy ???

Posted , 9 users are following.

After going through this alone with my friends living a full and active life I feel shortchanged . Watching them busy travelling yes I can admit I had some jealousy .

Now my friend woke up with nausea and her whole body in pain and was I like Thank God ! I really feel awful that I’m thinking this way but it’s just a relief that somebody else I personally know feels awful too . I’ve felt so alone in all this ... God forgive me for thinking that way . 

4 likes, 16 replies

16 Replies

Next
  • Posted

you devil you

im same way, but try not to be.

my one good buddy in houston, (friend for 37 yrs)

i ALWAYS try to get her to fess up to things, and she does here and there, but 

im in a sick way sort of glad that she understands and gets the anxiety..im not glad 

but we are going through it.

shes so tough you know and so when she feels bad she just disappears, and i resent that

i tell her to open up to me and trust me as ive done the same with her.

yes Lori

tell her..."time to join the party train...." YEAH!

xoxo

• Posted

Love ya Mauiblue ! Ha! Yes I am a bit naughty 😡 oh well it’s been such a bloody rough time for me .. will be nice to have a friend who maybe I can educate and she can learn from me .

I like to be the boss and everybody comes to me for advice so if I can be a mentor I’ll feel very good about that 👍🏻 

Plus I took 1/2 Xanax today as had to do an errand... think I’m going to take 1/2 every day as I feel pretty good tonight . Then I’ll go to rehab to wean off them 🤣

• Posted

Xanax is some good stuff. So addictive though. I was on them summer of 2016. I had felt so good. No health anxiety, worked out three days a week, slept like a rock at night. I took it every other day. But also, I asked to be weaned off. But I had a friend who took them every day 1mg twice a day for at least 15 years. She was weaned off, but still keeps a bottle of the lowest dose in case of a panic attack. She's on Lexapro now.

• Posted

LMAO...sounds like a plan... at least to get through this crap!!!
  • Posted

Yes and no. I wouldn't wish the bad on anyone, but it so sucks to not have anyone in the off line world to relate to. Sure we have all each other on here, but it's so hard to try to talk about it or make anyone understand how we are feeling. I think when I talk sbout it with friends they think I'm nuts, so I think you are just feeling a tiny bit of happiness as you may have someone that can relate, who may actually understand how you feel for once. I don't think you feel happy because she can't do fun things, it just gives you a real live person that gets you and it's not all in your head.

I secretly wish everyone could just feel what we go through for months or years for just a week, just so they could get it, feel how we feel.

• Posted

Absolutely

I have always wished that other women/men could try my menopause shoes on for size for a good 48 hrs and see how their world would crumble around them.

Seriously.

not in a malicious way but just so they could develop some empathy.

• Posted

Lori you make me laugh so hard sometimes!😂😂🤣😅 I don't think happy is the correct word. I think maybe now she can sympathize with what you're dealing with.

• Posted

Lori..dont feel bad , you are not along. IA few weeks ago a classmate of mine posted on fb "Ladies menopause is real" I was so happy to see that. It literally seem like i was the only one ( classmate) going through this. I told her this and she responded " no you're not". But, i dont think hers is that bad because she is constantly posting, looking good and still living. So im still in the boat alone it seems.😔

• Posted

Yes I see that too ! Having fun travelling out to dinner .... I just don’t get it . Why are we the unfortunate ones that have this soooooo bad 😩

• Posted

Hi Lori, I can understand what your saying I have a cousin that is in the menopsal range and she don't have any frightening symptoms like i did...and I use to think she's ok and I can't share any of this crap with her but I think some people go through it at the beginning and some people after they periods stop..different for everyone maybe when I'm finish she would be starting, don't feel alone and awful I been there too, you be ok I am now gone 18 months with a period and felt even worst then ever 6 on I'm feel better still hot but not as bad hopefully I will be free from it soon..

you you will be Ok((((((HUGS)))))

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.